Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Eurodisney Tips ?

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2001, 05:53 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

We're off to Eurodisney in August, anyone who's been before have any tips for us ?, we're staying in one of the Parks hotels so transports not an issue. 2 adults and 4 kids from 12 down to 4 so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin.
Old 12 June 2001, 12:00 AM
PeterJ
Scooby Regular

Yeah, don't bother queueing for the Peter Pan ride, it's crap!
Old 12 June 2001, 02:05 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Don't ask for a well done steak in any of the restaurants.
The chef will not be impressed!
Old 12 June 2001, 04:21 PM
TimH
Orange Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Went a few weeks back. They have a "fast pass" system on the top rides where you get an advance ticket for a set time. Do this early in the day as your set time might be several hours away. You then come back and queue jump - it works really well.

2 days is about right to see it all.

Fantasyland (the Mickey mouse bit) has the biggest queues for the worst rides, but the 4yr old will want to do some of them.

Plan to stay late, but book a meal in Disney Village for a sensible time - Planet Hollywood's good, but the wait is at least 1 hour if you don't book (and that was May/June).

The "cast" all speak English and, unlike most French, aren't at all fussed by you not trying top speak French.

Hot dog and other fast food outlets are quite expensive.

Make sure you see "Honey I shrunk the Audience" in 3D. Space Mountain and Indiana Jones coasters are 'kin great - but there's a 1.4m height limit (and not recommended for < 8 years old) so warn your children as appropriate that they won't be allowed on everything. Big Thunder mountain has 1.02m restriction and is OK a 4 year old.

Peter Pan is NOT worth the queue, but OK if you use Fastpass.

Enjoy!
Old 12 June 2001, 05:07 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Smile

thanks for the tips, I dare say we're lumbered with the rides for the younger kids but I'll make up for it by making sure I get my share of the bigger rides - looking forward to it.

Kevin.
Old 12 June 2001, 05:36 PM
wacko
Scooby Regular

Just come back from a weekend there.....
Fast Pass makes life easier, but be careful. You can only hold one Fast Pass ticket at a time.
Do a breakfast in the park, which costs no extra. I know it's early but you get on rides as they open before the main crowds start arriving.
Buffalo Bills wild West Show is a laugh a minute and great fun, with shows at 6:30 and 9:30. Plus it's in English.

Enjoy it...
Old 12 June 2001, 08:42 PM
gareth
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just got back...

Didn't rate Wild West Show - the food was terrible so after coughing up £100+ for that had to go and buy another overpriced meal in the hotel!

Tarzan Encounter was brilliant (we thought) and free!

Which hotel? - we stayed in Hotel New York last year and was okay. This year it had to be the Disneyland Hotel and it was excellent. The main thing for the kids is that the Disney characters spend a lot of time around this hotel so we didn't have to waste time queuing in the park for autographs.

If you're eating in the park at lunchtime try to get in before 12 or the queues get grim (don't expect the queue management you'd get in the US). Alternatively, the restaurants in the village are really quiet at lunchtime. be ready to fend off continental queue-jumpers with both elbows!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it and come back wasted and skint.