Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are Gatzo's "HOT" when empty???

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2001, 11:25 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I have been playing with a Cobra EDS-6200 detector!

Have been past loads of cameras but very little reaction! Does this unit not work with gatzo's or are they off when empty?

Any help with the Cobra or cameras please.

Ian
Old 24 May 2001, 11:29 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Dont know much about the cobra !

Not all cameras are live ! not all cameras have cameras/radar in them !
Old 24 May 2001, 11:33 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Gatsos that work still flash away and work even if they run out of film, the only difference is that there is no photographic record of what they see.
Old 25 May 2001, 07:58 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Ian, my Bel 990 only picks up Cameras which are active / or are setup to behave as if they were active. Do not be concerned if you are not detecting inactive cameras, howevere if you get a ticket through, send the detector back and complain

AWD, as I understand it, the cameras only operate if they are setup in one of two ways: live with film, dummy with flash. As I have passed many at over the limit if the detector ignores them and never been flashed, it is not true to say they will always flash.
Old 25 May 2001, 10:04 AM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Ian

Careful m8. I hope you know about the other camera's... i.e "Truvelo Combi". Your Bell won't pick these up at all as they don't use radar.!!! Look out for the tell tale 3 - 4 rubber strips buried in the road about 20 - 50 yards in front of it... also they are mostly blue with a redish (infra) eye.
Old 25 May 2001, 10:12 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Are those the ones that only catch speeding cars? I've often wondered if you could use discrimination as defence against a ticket.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by mixit:
<B>Ian

Careful m8. I hope you know about the other camera's... i.e "Truvelo Combi". Your Bell won't pick these up at all as they don't use radar.!!! Look out for the tell tale 3 - 4 rubber strips buried in the road about 20 - 50 yards in front of it... also they are mostly blue with a redish (infra) eye. [/quote]

Old 25 May 2001, 10:14 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Oooh yeah !!! Truvelo !!!

Cables are usually much closer than 20m though !! usually 20ft !
Old 25 May 2001, 10:30 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Robertio:
<B>AWD, as I understand it, the cameras only operate if they are setup in one of two ways: live with film, dummy with flash. As I have passed many at over the limit if the detector ignores them and never been flashed, it is not true to say they will always flash.[/quote]

I should have been clearer. When I said "Gatsos that work still flash away and work even if they run out of film" I meant that Gatsos that are set to flash and photograph at a certain speed, will continue to flash even when they run out of film.
Old 25 May 2001, 10:31 AM
mixit
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ian Cook

Yeah, you're right, I think it is a lot closer, come to think of it. They have just re-surfaced the road near me and they have'nt re-laid the strips yet. I was a little paranoid about my speed in the other direction for a while, but the strips only stretch half way across the road.