Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

licencesaver.com

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2003, 08:42 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUY NOTHING FROM THESE CON MEN.
I WAS DUPED OUT OF £334.00 FOR A DETECTOR / SCRAMBLER WHICH TELLS YOU WHEN YOU ARE NEAR TESCO'S, OR CLOSE TO PEDESTRIAN LIGHTS.

MOBILE CAMERA VANS = NO RESPONSE
HAND HELD LASER = NO RESPONSE
GATSO'S = TOO LATE

TOTAL = S**T

[Edited by Gooner - 1/30/2003 8:47:11 PM]
Old 30 January 2003, 08:44 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

'I WAS DUPED OUT OF £334.00 FOR A DETECTOR ? SCRAMBLER WHICH TELLS YOU WHEN YOU ARE NEAR TESCO'S OR CLOSE TO PEDESTRIAN LIGHTS.'

Is there any Detector that can detect Tescos supermarket????????

Old 30 January 2003, 08:46 PM
S55 HOT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Not just Tesco's - but most petrol stations I would have thought....

I think it's something to do with the automatic doors.
Old 30 January 2003, 08:48 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Yep, you are right, anywhere you are near auto doors the feckin thing goes mad, anywhere near a Copper and it does nowt!
Old 30 January 2003, 08:53 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Thanks Popeye P1, my computer use is not so good, hence mistooks!

[Edited by Gooner - 1/30/2003 8:54:18 PM]
Old 31 January 2003, 09:28 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Question

so which detector r u talking about is the main question?
Si
Old 01 February 2003, 08:33 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

RMR-C212 Rocky Mountain Radar Detector / Scrambler.
Old 01 February 2003, 11:22 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

A couple of things:

*Most* radar/laser detectors will detect automatic door openers!

*Some* will detect handheld laser guns, but only if the gun is activated (Do you know for sure that it was??)

Mobile camera, do you know for sure it was activated?

Gatsos - How fast were you going? What speed did you need to drop to? How far away were you when it detected the camera?

I have a Valentine 1 (considered one of the best laser/radar detectors available)

It will detect handheld laser guns. Mine picks up laser scatter, as it bouncing off cars ahead of me.

Mine will pick up mobile cameras, but it also tells me when they are off!

If you are driving at the sort of speed, where you don't have enough notice, then you are going too fast!! A stretch of road near me, has a camera set of 50mph straight after a 70mph limit. It gives me about 300 yards of notice.

Also mine goes mad at petrol stations, supermarkets and it will detect cameras!! (whichever side of the road they are on - imagine the M25 )

Old 01 February 2003, 11:41 PM
ChrisB

Do I detect that somebody didn't do their homework first perchance?
Old 02 February 2003, 01:14 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

A good site to research any potential purchases is: UK Speedtraps
Old 02 February 2003, 10:17 AM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

ChrisB,
Thanks for your note re 'Homework'.
When purchasing the product I was assured that it would do all things for all men!
As a trusting and reasonable person I made a decision which has now proven to have been a wrong one.
I have spent some time since this purchase, including being parked only 150yards from a mobile van, facing it as well, and there was not a sound from it!!!
I still have the publicity material from the Motor Show and am now challenging the company for a full refund.
Old 02 February 2003, 10:27 AM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Most people who read anything to do with these devices automatically assume that thje owner / user of such equipment are lunatic drivers, to put the record straight, I am a company owner, who needs a licence for work, covering a lot of miles every year I am getting sick of the governments pursuit of the motorist fo CASH.
I think it would be easier to drive a vehicle which is not registered in my name, and with no link back to me, this way there is no way for them to find the driver.
As law abiding citizen I register all my vehicles in my name, a total of 8 cars and vans and will always be found. Sadly this is against me, you only need to look around you each and every day, cars being driven by under age kids, stolen vehicles, no tax disc, false plates, it is not hard to find, unlike a Police Officer.
This is not a shot at the Police either, they are following the governments instructions, and that is where the problem is, a policy of increasing income by whatever means possible, 20% of all government income is from the motorist, LAW ABIDING ONES.

[Edited by Gooner - 2/2/2003 10:28:09 AM]
Old 02 February 2003, 10:29 AM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

I think I might change my user name to Mr Angry!!!!!
Old 02 February 2003, 01:08 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I understand fully why you have one of these devices. I don't think anyone is judging you for owning one of these devices. Although some may be thinking why you bought that particular model!

At the end of the day, if you have a piece of their company literature that makes claims that it can't fulfill, I'm sure you will have no issues securing a refund.

By the way, it's worth having a browse on the website I hightlighted earlier. There is an incredible amount of information about cameras, speedtraps and devices. When you get your refund, get something that is recommended on that site.

Good luck
Andy
Old 02 February 2003, 05:33 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Cheers Andy
Old 02 February 2003, 11:25 PM
Ralf
Scooby Regular

Lol

I understand fully why you have one of these devices. I don't think anyone is judging you for owning one of these devices. Although some may be thinking why you bought that particular model!
Sounds weird

Old 03 February 2003, 10:24 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Red face

Only sounds weird if you have a dirty, deviant, perverted mind!!

Oh.... that's me then!!!
Old 03 February 2003, 05:33 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

As a matter of interest does anyone know where one can get figures for the number of untaxed, uninsured, no MOT No licence etc cras and drivers out there?

Wrote to my MP beofre Xmas complaining about speed cameras (and I haven't been caught yet!) and he has replied with a letter from the DOT and wants my comments!

Chris
Old 04 February 2003, 08:29 AM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Chrisgr31, you are asking exactly the same questions as me, sadly it would appear that the Government are not interested in those who have no tax, insurance, MOT, Licence, driving stolen cars or who have beem drinking, taking drugs, driving a car which is not registered to them so as to avoid detection, etc, etc.
WHY? well it is quite simple, they are the ones that won't pay fines so are of no use to the Government and it's revenue raising ideas which are disguised as safety partnerships. I cannot remember the last time I saw a Police car patrolling the roads, in fact the last one I did see was driving in the hard shoulder on the A1 near the M25 junction, it passed me at about 80mph, it was next seen in the queue to leave the A1, obviouslt impatient and late for breakfast!
Old 19 January 2004, 04:26 PM
blad
Scooby Newbie

Angry

I'm new to this forum. I wish I'd found it earlier as I could have saved myself a few hundred quid!

Gooner - did you have any luck getting your money out of these guys? I've bought a useless RMR-DLS310 from them and am not having any luck getting my money back after 2 months - any ideas? I returned it to them straight away once I realised it was rubbish. whenever I call them they say that the cheque will be sent to me in the next few days but it never arrives!

[Edited by blad - 1/19/2004 4:42:54 PM]

[Edited by blad - 1/19/2004 4:44:05 PM]
Old 19 January 2004, 04:50 PM
jono400
Scooby Regular

No offence mate, but that will be the same chap who was trying to sell that device ( back-flash ) which used two slave flashes mounted either side off your plate that supposdly flashed back at any firing gatso to over-expose the final photo,these devices were hugely slagged off within the motoring press as a load off sh**te !!! were even withdrawn from general sale by the manufacture !! and anyone in my mind still trying to sell a device like this to the public, even after all these years later off nothing bad bad press, etc concerning these things and for what was a huge amount off money is just a con man.

actually seen the trader at this years ( last years ) now !! scottish motor show,and a soon a I saw the rocky-muntain make off detectors I walked away, no conselation to yourself mate, but try doing a search on google for this actual brand off detector / diffuser, the results will probably make you feel even more depressed !! the ukspeedtraps site mentioned above has a bit about there performance or lack off !! I beleive ??

hope you get your money back mate, may be worth contacting the show advisors to explain the situation, you may not be alone in your findings off this product / outfit, may just be able to advise you a little on your rights ??
Old 19 January 2004, 06:00 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

I was never able to get anything, every time I called I was fobbed off. It's a waste of time trying, however, you have a case as you have returned the item and they have accepted receiving it!
Threaten County Court and attendance at the Motor Show, with me, to tell everyone heading for their stand that they sell **** that doesn't work.
Good luck
David

[Edited by Gooner - 1/19/2004 6:03:34 PM]