Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do you support the Welfare state?

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2003, 02:39 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I am fed up paying my taxes to 'scroungers' and pre-pubescent single parent mums. We seem to be breeding a diliquent and criminal minded 'Underclass.' Just watch the 'Trisha Show' and see.
Worse thing is the 'Pond-Life' that breed more than the decent respectable citizen. They'll demand more welfare to pay for their drug habits and Junk food. Their kids won't learn any morals and they'll just breed like rabbits. 20 years and we'll be overrun by this low-life. Watch you're cars people!!!!

My Welfare state- No cash incentives for having more kids. I'm not prepared to fund a single parent mother with ten kids!!!

[Edited by Popeye P1 - 1/30/2003 5:12:54 PM]
Old 30 January 2003, 02:42 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

Popeye, before I answer, who exactly are 'the Pond-Life'?
Old 30 January 2003, 02:47 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I have argued for the removal of the wellfare state many times.

Why should we pay people to sit at home and watch TV (unemployed) - I'd rather pay for them to be out contributing to the community i.e. cleaning the streets, removing grafiti, helping out at centres for homless, aged.. etc etc etc..

Old 30 January 2003, 02:50 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

They will steal it off you if we dont give it to them!! sadly!!

Pete
Old 30 January 2003, 02:52 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
So, is a single mother who works but claims tax credits included in this little outburst?
Old 30 January 2003, 02:55 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

It's a great idea and the mark of any civilised country. Making it work effectively and fairly is a completely different matter.
Old 30 January 2003, 02:56 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

hmm not getting involved in this one
Old 30 January 2003, 02:58 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Bit of a simplistic view.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have/earn enough money to live on. Would you cut all welfare to the disabled who can't find work?

Look at the state of countries like India that have no welfare state to speak of.

The USA has a much lower level of welfare state then the UK but they have a huge percentage of the 'pond life' you refer to.
Old 30 January 2003, 03:01 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

It's a great idea and the mark of any civilised country.
True, but like all the other great ideas - human rights etc - it is just seen by many as an opportunity for abuse [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Sad but true.

I think if people arn't prepared to respect these sort of benefits and use them correctly then those people should have them withdrawn.
Old 30 January 2003, 03:08 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

UB -- agreed. Problem is that the welfare state was devised during a time when almost 100% employment could be guaranteed, pre-gloablisation etc. So it was a "helping hand" to tide workers over periods of unemployment, and to provide social care for those unable to work.

Permanent unemployment is now a fact in the current economic model, so it's harder to categorise welfare recipients ... there will always be people ripping off the system, but IMHO the system should still be there.
Old 30 January 2003, 03:08 PM
Green Room
Scooby Newbie

I think when Iris recognition gets up to speed a lot of this fraud will be sorted out. I dont know why the government etc. doesnt invest more in perfecting this kind technology.

I dont agree with terms like pond life etc, its a bit all encompassing and seems quite horrible really.
Old 30 January 2003, 03:25 PM
co55ie
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately we all support the welfare state financially.

Each case should be taken on its own merit.

Single Mums who have absolutely no way of supporting or housing a child and know this to be the case before they get pregnant should be shot as they are extremely selfish and sad individuals. I cannot think of many things more sad than using a child to literally con the rest of the country and use this child for their own gain ie to get a council house. To me this is a form a child of abuse.

Old 30 January 2003, 03:29 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

You talk **** but are funny with it LOL!!
Old 30 January 2003, 03:34 PM
skipjack
Scooby Regular

up to a reasonable point but not unconditionally.
Old 30 January 2003, 03:46 PM
co55ie
Scooby Regular

Sorry but I think that getting pregnant to get a council house and avoid having to work is almost as low as you can go.Obviously having an attitude like tis is going to give the child a great start in life.

I mean have you seen some of these mingers. How on earth and who on earth would want to have a go on some of em is way beyond me. Do they pay the blokes to get em in the club with their dole money in the first place?
Old 30 January 2003, 03:50 PM
workshy_fopp
Scooby Regular

'Just watch the Trisha Show' and see
So that's where you get your world view from is it?

You should be at work, not watching that **** with all the single mums you so hate.......
Old 30 January 2003, 04:29 PM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I'm just pi55ed off cuz i applied for a council house and can't get one.

I have to wait for the backlog of the unemployed folk looking for houses to clear. I'm at the back of the queue because i have a decent job.

Oh... and to get a reasonable 3 bedroom house we have to have another kid. Not likely......
Old 30 January 2003, 05:19 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

'I dont agree with terms like pond life etc, its a bit all encompassing and seems quite horrible really.'

I respect the working class as they are a proud people. But sadly the new 'underclass' don't have any morals and are growing up to think its their god given right to have welfare and ten kids and a council house and a life of mcdonalds and chipshops and going to Netto/Liddles. They don't care about robbing old biddies. 'Pond-life' is an adequate term.

The Welfare state is being severly abused. Being milked by these parasites. LOL.
Old 30 January 2003, 05:47 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Cool

My fish never robbed old ladies !

Apart from that, I'd say just kill everyone that earns less than say 70 K a years. We'd all be rich !

If you don't earn 70 K, you are stupid, sorted !

</scoobynet braincell mode>
Old 30 January 2003, 05:50 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Oh crap. I agree with Popeye on this one. Somebody please kill me..
Old 30 January 2003, 07:38 PM
Kosy
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Popeye shouldnt you be bragging about your 400bhp Vauxhall Viva?
Old 30 January 2003, 08:00 PM
StiShrek
Scooby Regular

Time for the liberal-minded Shrek to step on his soap-box and speak to the masses!

Pond-life is an incredibly generous term for these breed of mutants. if you have watched Clive Barkers NightBreed then you will know exactly what the UK is creating at an alrming rate.

Here is my outlook on it and if it offends to the Politically correct then look away:

A recipe for future disaster-

Take 1 brain-dead 14 yr old female zombie who gets up the spout from another brain-dead male zombie. this in turn creates a baby brian-dead zombie. The 15yr old brain-dead female zombie finds another brain-dead zombie to create yet another brain-dead zombie. And so on and so on.

Their brains are mush. End of. They speak in mono-syllabic speeach patterns and 'dote on their kids' or 'do owt for my kids' or'love em to death'. Buying a pair of top-of-the-range nike trainers is their equivalent of nurturing their kids needs.

The reality is they do little for their children apart from swear, smoke, argue, fight, rob, reproduce more zombies, claim social.

Another case of ostrich mentality this country is undergoing 'head in the sand'

Why dont the government tell the masses to stop reproducing like rabbits. The underclass will grow and no-one does anything apart from glamorise it on the trisha show!

Old 30 January 2003, 08:07 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

And what % of the entire population is affected by this 'zombie' virus shrek? Should we alert the social services, housing and Health Board staff now, just so they can get vaccinated?

Yours, worried from Scumland UK.
Old 30 January 2003, 08:16 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

We just need to stop the wrong people having Kids.

Have a kid, have a council house is not what the welfare state was created for. It was essentially a NET to help people out of work get into work!
Now we have a generation of underclass who don't want to work and devote their lives to crime or the front of the Mcdonalds queue.
Seeing single parent mums outside Mcdonalds force feeding their 2 Yr old cheeseburgers just sums the welfare state up.

Pops- We need reform Now!
Old 30 January 2003, 08:26 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

But its been like this for years. I work with the homeless and unemployed every day and have done so for the past 12 years, nothings changed as far as I can see it.

Explain 'why now'.
Old 30 January 2003, 08:35 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

I agree with Jye whatever it is

This so called 'underclass' is no worse now than it's ever been. imho you are wrong to generalise whole groups of people like that. Sure there are those that abuse the system, but they are in the minority.

By all means tighten up some of the rules but the welfare state is part of the 'civilised' society we all live in.
Old 30 January 2003, 08:55 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

'This so called 'underclass' is no worse now than it's ever been. imho you are wrong to generalise whole groups of people like that'

LOL another one with his 'head buried in the sand' whose never seen what a bad housing estate looks like. Delinquent kids? Teenage mums?

Believe me in 20 years the underclass will breed and you're houses will become you're castles. Beware I have spoken.LOL

Quote:-'By all means tighten up some of the rules but the welfare state is part of the 'civilised' society we all live in.'

Wake up Mooseracer. LOL our society is slowly deteriorating. The Welfare state should help the needy by all means but not be milked for all its worth ffs.

[Edited by Popeye P1 - 1/30/2003 9:01:49 PM]
Old 30 January 2003, 09:05 PM
Jye_0
BANNED

Emmm, I work in some of the 'worse' areas of Glasgow, and its DEFFO same up here as its always been, just wondering why you think things have got worse lately, thats all

Peace MooseRacer, was just testing water earlier m8, full oh sharks it is round here

Old 30 January 2003, 09:13 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Are we talking the Goebbels?

Since the early 80s things have been on a downward spiral- kids seem to have less respect, alot more delinquent and crime is rife.
i feel sorry for the decent people who live on these bad estates. They live in fear.
Even the police hardly bother on the worse estates as its not worth it, the amount of grief they get.

Jye I don't doubt its always been bad, but where my girlfrind used to live, her Estate and two others have been bulldozed due to vandalism, crime and drugs.

Old 30 January 2003, 09:28 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

I have some, no a lot of, sympathy with what you're saying, but I don't think getting rid of the welfare state wholesale is the answer. Why penalise those who are genuinely looking for work, or are unable to?

I dunno what the answer is, btw

Quick Reply: Do you support the Welfare state?