Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Huge Wobbly Sausage!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 March 2001, 04:58 PM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that I have your attention!!

Hello there, I know I shall probably get a total roasting for asking this question on this BBS but here goes.

I need to get a new car in July and although I would love to get an Impreza turbo there's no way I'm going to be able to afford the car that I want (i.e.post 98 u.k. spec low miles)for a few years.

I'm currently driving an Almera Gti which will be passed on to my dearly beloved, leaving me around 5-8k to spend and I'm seriously considering a Nissan 200sx S-14.

Can anyone give me an unbiased opinion of these cars, is the quoted 0-60 time of 7.5 secs accurate?, is the car going to give me a big grin when I drive it?, is it big enough for a 6'5" midget?

I'm quite used to the Almera's build quality and performance, will a 200 feel softer than the Almera, will it be that much faster and will it be a bit forgiving to a rear wheel drive virgin like myself?

Your comments would be greatly appreciated but feel free to banish me to the muppet forum for such gross impertinence!!

Regards

Dave

Old 17 March 2001, 05:19 PM
andym172
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave,

I can't really comment on the 200SX but have you considered an E30 M3?!!

It's left hand drive but I doubt you'll find a car in your price range as well built or as much fun!

There was a thread about it about a week ago but I can't remember which forum it was in.

Sorry I couldn't help with info about the 200SX!

Andy.
Old 17 March 2001, 11:04 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

From a size point of view, I am 6'7" and almost died trying to fit into a 200sx when I was considering one. Just my personal experience. Go and try one before getting too hooked on specs.......

Sorry,

Nick