Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tickets for Old Trafford

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2001, 02:37 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, folks, I haven't got any, but now you're here.....

How do I get some (min 2, but more likely 3). I'm not a member of the suppoters club or anything - just a Joe Public who wants to go.

Any advice plse?
Old 26 February 2001, 05:14 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Smile

Martin, sorry I have not seen this before now...just caught a glance.

I own three executive season tickets in the Stretford end 2nd section lower. Right behind the goal about 50 yards back and slightly to the left. A pretty damn good set of tickets. I have taken Harj and John Felstead before now and they loved the seats....Felstead is a city fan there is actually one it seems and Harj had never been to a footy match. You could imagine their reaction when they saw how good the seats were.

Sadly I do not get to use them all season and find myself giving them away for a few games and sometimes sell them on for some games (they are an investment) . I have owned a season ticket since the 89-90 season at old trafford (since I was 10 years old) and each year I have had the oppurtunity to renew the membership and the season tickets. I was also at the Nou Camp when we left it a little late

I obtained the other two by luck, back then my Dad could always buy a ticket to go with the season ticket...shame its all gone commercial now

It is very hard to get tickets as a member of the public however you can apply for them if you are a member for most home games and all away games (Owning a season ticket and going to the away games is not cheap) The membership enables you to apply for tickets in advance, then you call the ticket line when they go on sale. Be aware though that people come as far as Singapore and the states to watch one united game and the touts make a killing out of these tickets that they obtian. Most ticket agents will simply charge 40% over base rate for a game the day before...If you call around you will get hold of some, just be carefull that they are a reputable ticket agent and not dodgy. You also may be able to join the local Man United regional supporters club and they get block tickets that are given to the members as an option including a coach up etc etc...Just an idea, because getting a season ticket is rare as rocking horse s**t. The entitlement tends to get handed from father to son to their son etc etc etc ...and they get kept in the family.

My cousin took them yesterday, I got a call at half time and they were all wetting themselves laughing as the game was so 'sureal'. The big league games are worth every penny, I dont go to many anymore but do when I have time. You will find, that getting hold of some decent european tickets at old trafford will give you the best buzz you can imagine in terms of atomsphere and experience, especially if you have kids who like football. The first European game I saw was the European cup winners cup in 1990, never again did I think I would experience that again! then there was that night in Barcelona...when Ole.....
The big europe nights are great, they are the ones i would say try to go to....without a shadow of a doubt... Take into consideration however my tickets through a ticket agency for the Nou Camp for two tickets were well into four figures.....but could I miss it? Nooooo way

The rest of the home games have been taken by friends and a couple of companies (not that they will be worth watching in the league again this season..its ours now) and when next season arrives I will glady part with them for a few games if you want to take the lesser wanted ones...

Drop me a mail if you want.

Kind Regards
Ronnie

Old 26 February 2001, 05:51 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Talking

Brilliant reply Ronnie

You'll have mail this evening

Ta

Martin
Old 26 February 2001, 05:58 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Smile

Ronnie,

I knew you were a supporter but a holder of 3 tickets at The Theatre of Dreams....god like

If you are in a position to let others use them please keep me in mind as I owe a mate of mine a favour for getting tickets for the England v Germany game at Wembley.

Hopefully will see you again if and when the Docklands beer session becomes organised, hope you are keeping well

Yex
Old 26 February 2001, 09:36 PM
Ed Hodgson
Scooby Regular

Getting tickets has become a bit easier now that
a) the capacity's gone up
b) the ticket office finally takes credit card bookings

You can pay the plc for the privilege of membership - that entitles you to enter the lottery for tickets. That's OK at the start of the season, but you need to keep going to get the match tokens.

If you only want to go to one match, then European games are probably the best. For the home European games, tickets in West & North stands have been on general sale - the website gives you advance notice, & you should get some if you call the day they go on sale. The view & atmosphere/noise in the West stand upper is excellent. Sturm Graz is sold out already though.

Some premier league games are also struggling to sell out now. I think that Bradford went on general sale earlier this year.

So how many of you were at the Nou Camp then? (of course they all call it Camp Nou over there - which explains why we drove round for hours trying to find the place) -

If we get to Milan this year, I'm going to fly over to buy some tickets in advance. (It'll be cheaper than buying agency tickets like last time - which turned out to be Bayern Munich )

Enjoy the prawn sandwiches

Ed

Old 26 February 2001, 10:53 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ed, if we get to Milan I will come with ya if you like dead good crack....

Yex...up for it?

Martin...your welcome mate

Regards
Ronnie
Old 27 February 2001, 07:52 AM
HUNTY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Starting with Charleton on the 7th April, all matches can now be booked by members on the Website
Old 27 February 2001, 10:36 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ronnie

I'd be up for it if we get there

I really don't fancy being a lone Leeds supporter with all you Red Devils, but as I like Milan, particularly the female content , I'd seriously consider it.

Yex
Old 27 February 2001, 02:24 PM
Ed Hodgson
Scooby Regular

Sounds good to me.. how long does it take to drive to Milan?

I flew out to Spain & spent 3 days there - much better than the official club trip - fly out at 6am, back at 2am next day

Would "love it" if we could get there again - although we need to avoid Madrid I think

Ed

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RonaldoH:
<B>Ed, if we get to Milan I will come with ya if you like dead good crack....

Yex...up for it?

Martin...your welcome mate

Regards
Ronnie[/quote]

Old 27 February 2001, 02:40 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Yex! Shhh if Nat reads this I am in deep trouble. lol

Ed, Madrid could be a tough one...becks versus that ****e brazilian left back again

Milan would take a long ol' time....and car security is a serious no-no in Milan...trust me, I used to sign the insurance claim forms for customers who had cars nicked.

We could fly GO-I will get us a good rate, and rent a car locally that would work

Ronnie
Old 27 February 2001, 05:17 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

Ronnie,

Mums the word

Lets hope one of our teams gets there and we can arrange some 'corporate hospitality' then you can invite me and I can invite you...if you get what I'm aiming at

Yex
Old 01 March 2001, 08:23 AM
Steve_Yeowart
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just look at some of those locations would you????

DO YOU COME FROM MANCHESTER
DO YOU COME FROM MAN---CHEST---TER
DO YOU COME
DO YOU COME