Sponsored by:

Parking tickets again!

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2000, 11:44 PM
APJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

More questions on parking tickets - yawn. Before we start, yes I have done a search!

Westminster - last Saturday. Parked on a single yellow for 4 mins (gospel) close to Leicester Square.

Kept the car in view all the time, saw a parking attendant, raced it back to the car, but he slapped it on me just as I got there.

Now, I always thought they had to see the car parked for at least 10 mins on a single yellow, yet I wasnt there for that long and the ticket only shows one observed time.

However, the main reason for thinking of contesting this is that there were no yellow plates giving the time of the parking restrictions anywhere near. Usually there is one saying Mon-Sat 7am,-7pm or something, but for this one nowt.

So . . . any experiences on contesting tickets with Westminster? Should I just kiss £40 goodbye, or risk having to pay £80?

Comments appreciated!

Andrew
Old 06 November 2000, 09:35 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you contest it and fail, you still have a chance to pay the reduced amount. So there is no reason to not appeal (apart from the time taken to write a letter).