Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2003, 09:20 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

£150 increase not much really is it ?

not insurance we are talking here.

that is what my lying thieving **** of an Ex. wife is asking for, but get this its, per child, she currently get £350 per child per month but she wants it upped to £500 per child per month & the CSA have said fine, payments start 1st February 2003, I then have to appeal against it, its taken from source so I have no way of stopping it, apparently I can afford it as I have a very expensive sports car [that will be my 93 WRX], I own my own home [well the Woolwich building society does], I have just had a Christmas bonus [funny its not on my pay slip], the children all need new cloths [funny I kitted them out fully in November], I had a new kitchen fitted [£4k from B&Q] the list is stupid & endless.

good job the CSA [useless ******* bunch of w@nk3rs] did some investigation, & found out that she has a bloke living there[ gona grass them both up to the tax people], that they have just got a new car, going on holiday [water & mustard seeds thru the letter box me thinks] etc etc all on my money oh & that I have a child with someone else, but thats not taken in to account, oooooooh no its fcukU.

So its time to do some thinking.

Jack the job in, she cant get any money if I'm not working, but that will hinder my wife, child & home & cars.
Go contracting & hide the money I'm earning, but not many contracts are about at the moment
Hire a hit man
take some unpaid leave, no money coming in so no money for her

god I hate that woman
Old 02 January 2003, 09:24 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I don't think it matters that she is living with another bloke whatever he earns.

I am in a relationship where I am the other bloke and my salary is not taken in to consideration.
Old 02 January 2003, 10:30 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

My sympathies mate - £500 per month bollocks does it cost that much
Old 02 January 2003, 10:31 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

yep £500 per child per month

I have 3 with that money sucking b1tch
Old 02 January 2003, 10:33 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Do they go to nursery?

because that can cost £500 per month.

But from what I can gather £1500 per month is pretty steep.
Old 02 January 2003, 10:34 AM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Barge man, looks like the year didnt start that well for you

You dont want to lose money, so unpaid leave or quitting etc. doesnt sound too good. If you get her shot, then who's going to take care of your children?

I'd just forget about it and think about and enjoy the new life
Old 02 January 2003, 11:14 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

When it comes to the CSA, they get their morals and decisions, are highly questionable. My mate has the a similar problem - difference is he signed the birth certificate as he took on the lassie when she was pregnant [sympathy move]. Thought he was doing a noble thing [commendable, but stupid]. The CSA are not interested in the technicality that he isnt the blood father - off to court is goes - only taken 6-7 months now, but thats 6-7 months of £375, which is irretrievable. Poor mate is at his wits end because of some unscrupulous person. Glad everyone isnt so calculating.

Like our capital punishment system - needs the right people to go in and shake out the bull**** and red tape, and surrounding protective layers of the law for the wrong people [thinking criminals rights, and all that ****!]

[BLOOD PRESSURE UP NOW]
Old 02 January 2003, 11:45 AM
Luke
BANNED

That Life...
Old 02 January 2003, 12:22 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Kill her and then yourself..
Old 02 January 2003, 12:39 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

It's the kids that are important in all this.

Make sure that the money is going on the kids, NOT the ex & b/f. Ask for evidence that the extra £150 is going on the kids and not to pay for a nice shiny new car etc. Get receipts etc.

Notice that the CSA will investigate the fathers for evidence of earnings but do they investigate whether the money is going to the right place???

BTW - I have no knowledge of how the CSA works or about the subject matter (don't have kids) but the above points are on a moral standpoint. i.e. can you ask for evidence of kids benefitting etc. I dunno but would hope that in these situations this can be asked for.

HTH.
Old 02 January 2003, 01:54 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

the CSA dont know how the CSA work

kids benefitting well I'm not impressed with their clothes when I see them so guess my money is not being spent wisely.

I know they are my kids & I must pay up [would be less gutting if it had been me ******** about during our marriage] imho £350 each permonth is taking the p155, but £500 is well over the top, it basical leaves me with less than sod all each month to pay my mortgage, feed & cloth myself, wife & baby, before anything else happens

Arrrrgh
Old 02 January 2003, 03:08 PM
Scooby Dhu
Scooby Newbie

Barge,

You've got my sympathy, I pay my ex £800 for my 2 kids. This is pretty damned close to what the CSA reckon it should be - haven't had to involve them as yet but might come to that. I feel the same way as you - I know I have to support them but don't want to end up supporting my ex in a life of luxury. Out of interest, do you claim any sort of tax relief on the payments ?. I asked the tax office and they said if it was a court order or through the CSA you could claim some tax relief.

SD
Old 02 January 2003, 03:24 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I am on the other side of the fence and we have trouble getting the money.

My partners little girl is at nusery which cost around £450 per month. He only pays £400 per month and is obsessed that it buys me my cars, holidays, designer clothes etc etc.

He never buys clothes, shoes etc as he thinks the £400 covers that!

Kids cost dosh, of that their is little doubt, buy 1500 per month would appear to be talking the ****, unless they all go to nursery at the present time.
Old 02 January 2003, 03:34 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

How much does he earn? If its like 1000, then 400 quid is already 40% of his earning. At least he's paying. Some people goes through far lengths just so he won't have to pay child support, let alone alimony because oh his principles. Besides in my view, when one partner commits to the kid, it is their responsibility. I mean, why should I pay to raise someone thats going to grow up hating me regardless?

And also, I want to look for another woman too and start a new life. Its not fair that the ex gets some sex whereas I don't.

Call me an ******* but thats the way it is..
Old 02 January 2003, 03:39 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

DavyBoy, I'll bet your Missus got the House from her previous Marriage (why else chase custody?) and if your living in it, you have little to complain about. As long as your in the relationship you will benefit, and if you walk away you stand to loose nothing (apart from the roof over your head). Put the boot back onto the other foot, walk away from your kids, and have to start again with nothing. Many fathers cannot even have their kids to stay because they can't afford a place big enough to satisfy the social services. How can they rebuild their life (in the way a woman with custody can) if most of their earnings are being leeched by the CSA. What the CSA takes in anycase bears no relationship to what the Mother gets in benefits.
Old 02 January 2003, 04:05 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Arrow

DavyBoy, I'll bet your Missus got the House from her previous Marriage
She got half the profit and she bought her own place, she now lives with me, and we are buying a bigger house together - with his money

Then we can sell her place - when the tennants lease expires.
Old 02 January 2003, 04:10 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

Not so bad then, but I suspect she is in the minority. Many women dig their heels in and take their ex's to the cleaners.
Old 02 January 2003, 04:27 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Could you put the money into a trust for the children, rather than giving it straight to your ex?
Old 02 January 2003, 04:30 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Yes.
Old 02 January 2003, 05:15 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Talking

I am davyboy's "missus" and I didn't take her Dad to the cleaners at all - if anything, he took what he could from me. He offered originally to pay £25 per week, and that was after all the house settlement was over. He paid nothing towards her up keep for 3 months when I first left. He wouldn't let me have the house and to be honest, I didn't want it.

I got my own house and started again. I only got the CSA involved when he wouldn't pay, and I thought £25 per week was very little considering what a child actually cost. Nursery was £90 per week, it is now £110 per week. His £90 per week doesn't pay for houses, holidays and cars - I wish!!

I do sympathise to a certain extent as £500 x 3 is alot, but for the CSA to say that is how much you have to pay, you must earn a great deal. Not saying it's right, but just saying. BTW, the rules are changing with regard to how much Dad's should pay. I think it is currently 25%, but it is now 15% of disposable income.
Old 02 January 2003, 05:16 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Could you put the money into a trust for the children, rather than giving it straight to your ex?
Not how it works Mice, what are the children supposed to live on while it's in the trust fund?
Old 02 January 2003, 05:38 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

What I meant was, could he deliver some of the money in cash / cheque whatever for their basic needs and some of it into a trust fund to ensure that ex-wife didn't spend his money on stuff that wasn't for the children.
Old 02 January 2003, 05:44 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Talking

Good idea in principle, unfortunately, the CSA have deemed £500 per child as the amount they need to live on!!!

Not trying to be argumentative, but why should another bloke have to pay for bringing up another man's children??
Old 02 January 2003, 05:45 PM
scooby_xt_turbo
Scooby Regular

you can always hire a hitman(for your ex of course, not the kids)
Old 02 January 2003, 05:49 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Smile

No reason at all why he should, Clare.

I just think that £500 per child per month is an extortionate amount, unless childcare is in consideration.

However, I would also argue the point that when the new chap took on the children, he took on a modicum of responsibility for them....
Old 02 January 2003, 06:14 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Talking

I agree that £500 per child is alot, but the £360 my ex pays is the same - it goes on disposable income, so a guy with a million pound salary would also pay what we would deem to be an extortionate amount. It all comes down to means, and not a minumum level a child needs to live on.
Old 02 January 2003, 06:20 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Talking

I am coming over all argumentative, I am trying not to be. Just trying to explain how the CSA works.
Old 02 January 2003, 06:22 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Smile

No problem - you are in a better situation than I to understand how it all works.

Does the CSA take into account the ex-partner's new life? I.E. the fact that he (in this instance) is re-married with a child, so therefore needs to support these as well?
Old 02 January 2003, 06:24 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Smile

Surely though, there comes a point when it is blatantly obvious that a child doesn't need so much on which to live and that it is going on other things?

Not saying that £500 is the limit as I can well imagine going through that for a child, especially if childcare is involved but when it gets into the higher spending brackets, then no child needs thousands of £s to survive per month...

Does the CSA draw a line? "15% of disposable" can mean anything...
Old 02 January 2003, 06:27 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'm not sure if they do take into account the new child, but I am bound to find out very soon

Quick Reply: £350 -------> £500