Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ugly Dog

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2002, 10:06 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, Is this an English Bull Terrier? and Secondly, does anyone know what they are like as pets? My other half desperately wants one and although I think they are ugly, I don't mind (even though I don't like dogs) as long as they are good around kids. I have a 5 year old and I'm a bit concerned. Also a cat. Would they get on? I know nothing about dogs (boyfriend has had dogs all his life but I still want other opinions as his will be biased due to the fact he wants the dog!!!)

Old 09 December 2002, 10:13 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

For compatability with kids and other living things in general I would recommend a Staff over an English. Last guy I talked to who had one of those said "It's fine, it just hates every other thing that walks." maybe his one was juts a bit bad tempered...
Old 09 December 2002, 10:39 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

If you've already got the one sprog and you're planning another, do you really need the dog right now? Only saying this cuz i know i wouldn't have enough time to look after a dog myself since the sprog turned up.

Don't know anything about dogs though except they take a lot more time to look after than cats, which is why i have a cat and not a dog
Old 09 December 2002, 10:43 AM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Why would anyone want a dog like that (or almost any dog) with small kids around. If the pack hierarchy thing goes wrong, the kid could lose its face by the time you got that ****** off it......
Old 09 December 2002, 11:04 AM
Nic
Scooby Regular

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh htey are sooooooo cute. Adorable dogs, very loyal & can be quite protective. However they can be quite high maintainence, and possibly too excitable around kids
Old 09 December 2002, 11:57 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Hmmm. Fella will look after the dog and baby is on hold temporarily as just bought a house. Just wondered about the temprement as bloke says they are good with kids and owners but hate other dogs.......Infact any strangers. I wouldn't mind a Staff myself but they are completely loony from what i've heard!!
Old 09 December 2002, 01:08 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Aye they love kids, especially with some dog chews . Seriously I got attcked by one of these when I was about 10. Beats me why anyone would have one as a pet. Very unpredictable.

Trending Topics

Old 09 December 2002, 01:37 PM
Milt
Scooby Newbie

I've had an English bull terrier for the past 6 years. They are realy cool dogs, very loyal and have great personalites. My dog does hate every other animal it sees tho. About kids, I have a six month old nephew and my dog seems to be fine aroud him. Still you can never be too carefull.