Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

fuggin o2 mobile problems HELP

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2002, 07:12 PM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
took out a contract with them other month, today my phone has no signal, try phoning it go's dead, so thought maybe they cut it off for misshap on bill(as my first one), go to online bill etc, it says will be collected 2 dec so cant be that as not collected yet, my phone is dead, theres no were online to contact them, i rang customer services they said i have an online account? so phone this number which is 50p per min!!!! and that is constantly busy. so i cant contact no one to ask why its not workin, and my phone is dead so tomorrow will cause millions of probs.

only possible thing is they attempted to bill me and maybe had wrong details?, but according to online bill they havent collected so cant be that.

or is the service down?
when i try to ring my phone from landline nothing happens for ages then i get a dead tone.
FUGGIN O2
Old 28 November 2002, 07:14 PM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

OK OK ITS WORKIN...PHEW NETWORK MUST OF BEEN DOWN
Old 28 November 2002, 07:16 PM
Active
Scooby Regular

Very interesting.
Bob
Old 28 November 2002, 07:17 PM
Chip_Butty
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

To be honest O2 is poor. I had their contract at work kicked out and moved back to Vodafone. All the Sales guys were complaining about the network coverage
Old 28 November 2002, 07:19 PM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

TO BE FAIR I HAVENT HAD ONE PROBLEM WITH COVERAGE, SAME AS MY VODA WAS AND THE BILL IS £30 LESS A MONTH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 November 2002, 10:03 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

It was down today.
Old 28 November 2002, 10:07 PM
leeS2
Scooby Regular

yer mine was down for bout 3 hrs
Old 28 November 2002, 10:14 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

yea it was down, in certen areas, mine was off from switching on at 9am to 4pm. had friends in other parts of the town that were ok.
Old 29 November 2002, 08:06 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

On O2 myself. Most of the time its fine but there have been instances where Ive not recieved calls desptie havong 2 bars of signal and text messages dont always deliver, though being on PAYG it deletes the 10p regardless!

What F's me off is that in the year 2002, WHY WHY WHY cant we all get mobiles that work 100% all the time, anywhere in this country.
I Have never had a landline fault, so will the Nokias and Ericcsons and ALL the network providers please sort it out!!

Old 29 November 2002, 11:30 PM
ChrisB

WHY WHY WHY cant we all get mobiles that work 100% all the time, anywhere in this country.
Small issues of things called hills...
Old 29 November 2002, 11:38 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

...and no bugger wanting the transmitters in their backgarden

Chris
Old 30 November 2002, 12:03 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

ChrisB

You mention the problem of Hills. Well surely O2 (which is/was part of BT) can simply use the existing phone landline network. Ie. My signal goes from my phone to a mast. The mast then goes directly into the landline till it comes out the other end near my mates phone. Its then transfered back to another mast and then to his phone. Im not sure on the specifics, but I get the impression that the call bounces from mast to mast to mast. And thats why it never works.

Alternatively why arent the actual phones more powerful. I relise the scaremongerers amongst us will say it increase brain damage (or something) but surely if we can transmit images/sound from the moon it shouldnt have that much problem going 60 miles down the country.

/Rambling mode off
Old 30 November 2002, 12:09 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

ive had loads issues i went O2 contract 2months ago, some times it doesnt ring or send a text. getting really annoying

Si
Old 30 November 2002, 04:31 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

My Vodafone number was meant to be transfered to my o2 contract last Wednesday - so far I've got eff all. Neither my Vodafone or o2 sims work now. I rang ****e customer services number to enquire why transfer had not gone through - they gave me some crap about new software and it'll be working by Saturday morning. And is it? No its bloody not.

However, I kept it real polite and at end of conversation I asked her who I send my invoice to? She asked me what for and I said very calmly that I was raising an issue that was entirely o2's problem and that I wouldn't be paying 50p/min for the privelage of rasing said issue with o2. She said she'd call me back on Monday on to see if sim is working and to arrange appropriate credit to my account.

Old 01 December 2002, 12:40 PM
Steve Howat
Scooby Regular

That's exactly how mobile networks work. Your call goes to the nearest cell and gets connected to the landline network then goes to the cell that has the other number in range. It doesn't bounce from cell to cell otherwise they'd never work. The problem with coverage is the networks are oversubscribed. A cell will only be able to connect a certain number of callers and the quality of service gets lower when more people are connected. O2 have not alot of money. I beleive they are working hard on quality of service and they have definately improved over the past 6 months. I'm on O2 contract and it saves me loads compared to similar tarriffs on other networks thanks to the select membership you get after 5 years (20% off subscriptions to name one benefit). My biggets problem is with sh1te Nokia phone quality!!!!

All networks are sh!te though compared to other countries. Blame the greenies that get planning permission banned for new sites as the existing infrastructure can't cope.
Old 01 December 2002, 01:34 PM
Slinky
Scooby Regular

Ive had problems with 02 and they blamed my handset! signal was poor with my girlfriends phone as well! coincidence? I think not seeing as half her mates are on o2 and were having problems.

Ive have problems with all of them over the years except orange.
Old 01 December 2002, 01:46 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I've been a network ***** and had them all over the last few years, and Orange are the only network I'd recommend.

Never had a single problem with them, unlike Cellnet who were complete w@nk.