Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

When are they going to criminalise lane hogging?

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2002, 02:53 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

It seem like the inside line doesn't exist for 95% of the driving population. When will this become a motoring offence?
Old 22 November 2002, 03:00 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Dont even get me started on this, I will end up getting upset.
Old 22 November 2002, 03:17 PM
NumptyScrub
Scooby Regular

<rant mode>

Personally, I just drive up the inside. I am now so sick and tired of people *not* staying in the left hand lane unless overtaking that I flaunt the road traffic act and deliberately undertake.

I couldn't care less if it scares the bejesus out of them. I have before today, on a stretch of motorway early in the morning (about 2am), found someone sat in the middle lane with no traffic for 2 miles in either direction. There is no way on earth they could be overtaking anyone. So, being a heartless b*stard, I gave myself enough space, floored it and belted past them on the inside at license losing speeds. Think I woke them up too, since they swerved a little and flashed me several times.

*Tough*, next time get in the correct lane.

</rant mode>

Yes, I do know how stupid it is of me to do that. Sitting back and doing nothing wouldn't cost me anything. It probably doesn't even make them think about their driving.

Maybe what I should be doing is overtaking them, then pulling back in and slowing down, coupled with changing lane so they cannot overtake me and in fact have to undertake. Bet they wouldn't think twice about doing that themselves though... [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

A thoroughly irritated Derek.

[Edited by NumptyScrub - 11/22/2002 3:18:53 PM]
Old 22 November 2002, 03:39 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

- Thats all what I couldnt be arsed to type!!!
Old 22 November 2002, 03:46 PM
NumptyScrub
Scooby Regular

Yeah, but short of being a police officer there's b*gger all we can do about it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

So I just annoy the hell out of 'em deliberately.

Of course, I do not condone increasing your speed so that you are going 60mph faster than they are when undertaking, but it does appear to wake them up a little...

Oh, and my name is John Doe and I live in Bulgaria...
Old 22 November 2002, 05:36 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I love it when they flash me for going up the inside

I mean, what, lets have a reality check - what are you doing in that lane!

le ***** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 22 November 2002, 05:39 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Lane disapline on British roads is almost non existant!

Trending Topics

Old 22 November 2002, 05:44 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

With proper lane discipline it shouldn't be possible to overtake on the inside....
Old 22 November 2002, 05:45 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Davy - youve hit the nail on the head matey!!!

I love that, they are giving it some with the lights and and still sitting in the middle lane !!!

"Blimey Doreen, these madmen on the roads today, they should learn how to use the roads like me"

Old 22 November 2002, 06:24 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Angry

sod that what about the ar**holes who cant read the road and pull up and stop at EVERY island.
Followed a woman today and you could see her staring ahead stopping and THEN looking to her right to check for traffic on an EMPTY island .
Makes me so angry think my brains going toooo .****/@&#^&&&#& fzzzzzzthhhh
.BANG

[Edited by mattstant - 11/22/2002 6:25:31 PM]
Old 22 November 2002, 07:16 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Most people say that the answer is to build extra lanes and while this will help it is not the immediate answer.

When a data network is slow it is analysed to see when the busy periods are and if some traffic can go at different times.

If a Network anaylst looked at the Motorway he would be amazed that 1 lane of the motorway only carries something like 50% of the other lanes. When cars stay in lanes 2 they are effectivly creating a 2 lane carraigeway. If these drivers did not queue to overtake and used proper lane disipline we would get some of our motorway back.

The amount of people I see who only use the inside lane when they enter the motorway (go straight in to lane 2) and when they leave the motorway - I can see it happening.

The police need to nick the middle/outside lane hoggers for driving without due care and attention - but will they.....no I guess I will get nicked one day for using empty road
Old 22 November 2002, 09:36 PM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

im glad im not the only one that hates this style of driving , i dont do a lot of moptorway miles , but when i do it drives me mad , i also undertake them then just laugth at the insults they give me , usally cut in pretty sharpish to wake them up a bit

motor way (and improved duel carrage way driving ) driving should be compulsory in the driving test and there should be a minimum speed limit as well , was stuck in a massive hold up at around 45 mph coming back from chester this eveing thought there was a stray tractor out turned out to be an old fella doing 40 on the bypass
Old 23 November 2002, 04:35 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

.... try driving in NZ - there's no rules about which lane to drive in; quite fun on a 3 lane highway zipping from lane3 to lane1 and back again avoiding the laggards; really helps having a WRX for the manoeuvrability ... -)