Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Crystal ball

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2000, 12:06 AM
PeteC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was it a BMW? - No, this time it wasn't, but it could just as easily have been.

I just get fed up with the general lack of consideration for other road users. You could just as easily cite the example of the people that insist on hogging the middle or outer lanes on the motorway when there is nothing in the inside lane(s), or the fools that insist on staying in the outside lane until the last few yards when coming up to roadworks, thus helping to create a traffic jam.

The point about indicating where you are going is that it takes zero effort and costs you nothing. Another example - I was trying to get out at a busy T-junction at the weekend, and there was a gap in the traffic coming from the left, but there was a car coming down from the right. He then turns left with no indication, by which time the gap from the left has gone - "Thanks,mate".
I then sit there fuming for another two or three minutes until I can get out.
Old 28 June 2000, 11:04 AM
PeteC
Scooby Regular

I've decided that the first mod for the new car should be a crystal ball - it might give me a clue as to what some of the idiots on the road are planning to do!!

I followed this d*ckhead for over three miles through Reading yesterday evening, with left turns and right turns at junctions and roundabouts, and not once did he use his indicators. And this seems fairly common these days.

For God's sake, how much effort does it take to move a stalk up or down!!!
Old 28 June 2000, 11:31 AM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

Wink

Feeling a little bitter today
Old 28 June 2000, 01:02 PM
Fosters
Scooby Regular

'...or the fools that insist on staying in the outside lane until the last few yards when coming up to roadworks, thus helping to create a traffic jam'

If people filtered properly the system of 2 lanes into 1 would work well. I too get pissed off and pull in in good time, but it doesn't help that left lane drivers then get irate and refuse to let the 'hooligan' right lane drivers in.