Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BBC Programme late last night

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2002, 12:53 PM
Black Cat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone see that programme last night about that chappie who had a fence post through his chest?

The programme was sadly on late (why do they put all the good stuff on late). But this guy went off the road and smashed through a fence and ended up with it in his chest. It was about 'The Golden Hour' and how important it is to treat people within that time. Interviewing the doctors and rescue services involved and the chap that arrived on the scene and stayed with this guy throughout the whole rescue. Absolutely amazing reconstruction. And the guy lived even more amazing.

But what I wanted to point out is how the young man who stayed with this chap all through it helped the emergency services get him out when they did eventually arrive. He was just left on the side of the road to sort himself out. He was obviously suffering great trauma from the experience and I think it's bad the way he was just left there - you know 'thanks mate - toddle off home now'!

If anyone saw it they'd know what I mean.
P
Old 17 October 2002, 12:56 PM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Scary stuff. I saw it and thought about how little chance I have when I ride.

But then life's far too short to NOT enjoy things. The chances of that happening are miniscule, the chances of survival even smaller.

Agree with you about the assisting bystander - poor fellow looked like was still shocked.

bros
Old 17 October 2002, 03:30 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Really interesting program that, and yes, the bloke probably was in some deep shock, seems strange that no one even offered to take him home..
Old 17 October 2002, 03:37 PM
Nixs
Scooby Regular

I saw that - It was amazing he survived it and had no infection afterwards. The thing that shocked me was that his Mum said he's only recently been in a serious car accident and had been in intensive care If I were him I'd invest in a bus pass.

Just shows you though what are emergency services can do - it was impressive to say the least
Old 17 October 2002, 05:47 PM
Chelsie-Bun
Scooby Regular

Red face

We saw it unbelieaveable how one can stay a live through all that,
we watch films where people die after just a small knife stuck in you and you die etc.
mined you we have had two stars off tv lived to tell the tale after a stick came through there car windows in to there heads

Chel xxx

[Edited by Chelsie-Bun - 10/17/2002 5:48:59 PM]
Old 17 October 2002, 07:18 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Very scary....makes you kind-a-think a little.

AFAIK, the guy who helped sounded like he is still having trouble coming to terms with the accident, perhaps more so than the actual victim himself !

Old 18 October 2002, 01:56 AM
Little Miss WRX

Question

Was that the same guy who was "featured" on 999 a couple of years back? Possibly more than a couple of years back now.