Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jackie Chan - Thunderbolt

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2002, 05:28 PM
bashful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anyone else see this movie last week?

It's great fun. It's about Jackie chasing illegal street racers (made in about '95), and *full* of highly modified Japanese machinery.

Naturally, it's got some top-quality fighting and car stunts, although parts of the race-track footage were obviously speeded up. The duel between a Skyline and an FTO on open streets seemed a bit hopeful.

The big denouement was a big track race, which pitted Scoobs and Evos against NSXes and Skylines - I was wondering if they genuinely share a class in Japan, or more likely it was hashed up out of lots of different footage?
Old 08 October 2002, 05:32 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

JGTC I think runs all of these. Skylines and NSXs run in the GT500 class; Evos and Scoobs in the GT300.
Old 08 October 2002, 06:03 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

wouldnt say top quality car stunts i think Jackie Chan should stick to kung fu stuff I thought all the car stunts were seriously naff or totally unbelievable ie as mentioned a stock mitsubishi GTO racing and catching up with a skyline !!!!!!.
And as for the car race at the end it turned into whacky races without being funny.

I still like jackie mind you just thought this was not one of his best offerings.
Old 09 October 2002, 08:46 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

it was a bit odd as in the jap touring league the skyline was un beaten back then