Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

When does fantasy become reality???

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2002, 11:02 AM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

This ever increasing violent world.....can we put some blame on some of these current computer games..like Quake,Unreal..etc etc...Seems to me these are a stepping stone for some humans to turn it into reality...are we breeding a world of violent thugs?

I am gonna sound old now....but was life this bad in the 70's 80's when computer games were just fun,everyone had dodgy dress sense,horror films made you sick,because they seemed so real...nowadays we dont feel anything to see a head cut of in a film..its funny!!!

I am seriously considering NOT having children...because i couldnt live with the guilt of bringing them into such a violent world which is gonna get worse.....(Or is it,i cant get a girl who will let me go that far..LOL..)
Old 08 October 2002, 11:04 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Load of old rubbish.

Your kids will be fine, as long as you bring them up right. Film/Game horror might have a bad effect on their psyche, but only in the context of a bad family/home/upbringing.

I don't think the quality/reality of the graphics has anything to do with it anyway. I've been far more disturbed by stuff which isn't realistic than a lot of the stuff which is...
Old 08 October 2002, 11:11 AM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

MARKO..exactly..you been disturbed by things that arent realistic..so it aint gonna happen in real life..like the 70'80's horror flicks..everything is to damn natural now...
Old 08 October 2002, 11:12 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

If it was true then all the kids of the 80's would be running around in dark rooms listening to repetitive music and munching pills!!

Old 08 October 2002, 11:14 AM
imatrukahs
Scooby Regular

Just watch Mike Rainbird...LOL....But seriously...pill popping...that was better than injecting....LOL.