Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The fireworks have begun already!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2002, 08:52 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered my fireworks for this year. Airbombs are still available, though not my thing. Now, multicoloured sparklers, that's more like it. Oh, and the 750 shot barrage the missus insists we need for the display this year .

Needless to say, they will be used on the 5th of November. I've never understood the recent move to doing it at weekends either side of the 5th Nov. What's that all about ?

Cheers

Ian

[Edited by IWatkins - 10/6/2002 8:53:06 PM]
Old 05 October 2002, 09:07 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell - its only 5th October and the local pond lifes kids are set of bloody fireworks - the ones that sound like a fecking shotgun going off right outside your window.

Worse still the little ****es were doing it till just before midnight last night - local fuzz not remotely interested....Dobbers!!

I'm going to buy some, watch the wee gits go home, then a 3 in the morning start my own 'booming' action.

I've had it....wheres my shotgun?
Old 05 October 2002, 10:28 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

yep, me too. happening round my area. i catch myself thinking the same, except i havent got a shotgun.

however..., i then start thinking of my own early teens and the fact i did the same

difficult one eh?
Old 05 October 2002, 10:37 PM
Esoteric Beast
Scooby Regular

Marky mate, go start your STI up outside there place at 3 in the morning
Old 05 October 2002, 11:25 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

LOL Eso - never thought of that!!
Old 06 October 2002, 12:44 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

Marky, If you're anywhere near Greenock then the noises probably were shotguns.

Marty (Strathclyde escapee)
Old 06 October 2002, 09:13 AM
AnDy_PaNdY
Scooby Regular

I don't believe it !! the little fekkers were setting them off at 3am last night WTF !!??
You can tell autumn has arrived
Old 06 October 2002, 09:37 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

is there a law on the use of fireworks???????
Old 06 October 2002, 09:41 AM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Just a word of warning, what goes up must come down ,last year round about this time i went out,one sunday, to wash the scooby to find the remnants of a big f**k off rocket lying in the driveway.I then found a massive ding in the roof. (you have been warned).
Old 06 October 2002, 05:38 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Bugger the fireworks then kids round here keep having Car-B-Q's
Old 06 October 2002, 06:17 PM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

im not saying you all did t but like mole said a lot of youngsters did it (yes me included , still but ony around 5th of nov)

maybe a bit of good news for you , air bombs(sounds like thats what theve got) are beeing banned , this is the last year they will be avalible lots of shops are refusing to stock them this year as well.

as for the law on fire works , yes there is
can only be bought by people over 18 years old , if the people using them round your area are younger just find out what shop is supplying them and tell the police or trading standards(probably more use than police)

andits an offenceto throw fire works , so maybe the police would be intrusted in them
Old 06 October 2002, 06:54 PM
STI SPUD
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Don't get me started on this subject - I hate October arriving as it schedules the dreaded arrival of fireworks !! This week I'll be off to the Vets to pick up some tranqulizers for my dogs. If it was just the one night (5th November)they would probably cope - just, but it last over a month these days. I'd like some of these idiots to see my puppy shaking with fear every time a firework goes off......and my heart also goes out to parents of young children who get terrified by them when they are just trying to get to sleep !! I have to just wish this next month or so away.

Rant off - sorry guys, but thanks for listening.

Rachel
Old 06 October 2002, 08:07 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Our little tossers dont stop at the 5th Nov - oh no, they keep going for another couple weeks or so afterwards.
Old 06 October 2002, 09:03 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Fireworks went on for weeks after last year around here. Think someone works at a firework factory and brings ****-loads home!

Lets not forget about 31st October!
Potato up your exhaust anyone?
Old 07 October 2002, 06:29 PM
evo kid
Scooby Regular

Potato up my exhaust ?

They best make it a big one lol
Old 08 October 2002, 05:14 PM
pwebb
Scooby Regular

Angry

would love to see all sales of fireworks banned except to organised events and professional display people -
we get this problem year-round now - though october and november are unbearable - 2 small kids = big problem - also symptahetic to those with dogs (our cat is deaf anyway).

I live in a residential area with NO space between houses/streets for large scale fireworks yet we have the very biggest devices being exploded above the houses - rattling windows etc.

Last Year went out in the road to some of the worst offenders - agressive bunch of little sh*ts having a party in next street - when I got there they had all spilled out onto the street after some neighbours put their front windows in in protest at the ridiculously loud explosions in the small hours - I didn't need to bother intervening.

What I really hate is the fact that stupid parents are allowing these kids the money to buy fireworks in the first place - they aren't exactly cheap either.

I am thinking of importing some extremely dangerous chinese items that I can give to the kids in the area so that they blow their f*cking fingers off with them - then we might get some peace!

latest slant - firework shop opening permanently in alderley edge advertising fireworks all year round - bl**dy hell - looks like this is set to get worse not better - If others feel like me then I can see some protests coming up when they open for business!