Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Again.... Tube drivers,"You are not worth 25K a year"

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2002, 12:03 AM
Luke
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
|Stress..... The reason most of them have a job that keeps them in the dark,is they are fat and ugly..... So what if someone jumps under the train...More chance of running someone over in your car.
They are just greedy. No way are they worth the money they are been paid ,even now.

they should do what R-Reagan did... Sack the drivers .

[Edited by Luke - 10/3/2002 12:04:33 AM]
Old 10 March 2002, 12:15 PM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Push a button, pull a lever, push a button, pull a lever, Push a button, pull a lever, push a button, pull a lever, Push a button, pull a lever, push a button, pull a lever, Push a button, pull a lever, push a button, pull a lever, Push a button, pull a lever, push a button, pull a lever,

Here you go Mr Driver, have 31 grand. Sack the ******* and replace them with Helper Monkeys, they would do a better job!

[Edited by TomM - 10/3/2002 12:16:22 PM]
Old 02 October 2002, 11:12 PM
Luke
BANNED

Bunch of fat useless tossers. Get a proper job,if you want more.and stop been led by a fat ugly wainker.
Old 02 October 2002, 11:18 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

LOL, praps we should drop them on Iraq Luke?
Old 02 October 2002, 11:32 PM
Luke
BANNED

Serious... Lets get round to "Crows" house and let him know how much of a wainker he is. This monkey is scum and should be sacked.I think he is an undercover French agent sent to disrupt this fine country.
Old 02 October 2002, 11:36 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Oi! Mate of mine's a tube driver and he could tell you storys from his 9-5 you'd never forget. Plus, who on earth wants to spend their time in a tunnel with a set path... I'll shut up now but never under value anyone!!
Old 02 October 2002, 11:38 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Luke,

What do you do for a living? Let us know so we can value your worth.
Old 02 October 2002, 11:46 PM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Worse still that c u n t of a mayor Livingstone wants to impose a road toll to enter London cos the public transport is what everyone "should" use in his f u c king fairy tale world......
I bet the tubes look just fine from his limo.....
a r s e h o l e
Old 02 October 2002, 11:57 PM
Luke
BANNED

Noto

I am a Consultant in the Building trade. I run my own Company. We deal with fraud and quality control.
I do not earn 34k a year.......Wish i did.I will but after a few years....
Old 02 October 2002, 11:59 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Dan, how many times a year do you get to drive into Central London? Myself, only perhaps 9 or 10, and every time I love it. Perhaps I'm a minority, but I don't mind paying for the privilege.
Old 03 October 2002, 12:03 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

"We deal with fraud and quality control.
I do not earn 34k a year.......Wish i did.I will but after a few years...."

You resent other people achiving your goal of earning a certain amount and yet through checking that people do their job honestly you expect to earn more... my god this world is in trouble.
Old 03 October 2002, 12:10 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Ive only been to England a few times, and in London 3 or 4. I have never drove right in the centre of London, but around the outskirts ( but still well within the M25 )
How the f**k does anyone get to work there??? there is nothing but traffic jams. Its crap, I would hate to have to travel anywhere around there during the day for a living. Its crazy. The government should help to save the enviroment, and reduce congestion, by selling off all their limos, and free rides, and use public transport themsleves. They could also make the police use public transport, they would probably catch more criminals too.
Now that would be a benefit to society. Lets see Fatty Prescott walking to work, or getting the bus ( he would probably need a whole bus to himself though )
Old 03 October 2002, 12:20 AM
Luke
BANNED

Jack

99% of my work involves work that is /has been carried out that could kill/hurt someone or cost them far more than it should. It is theft.it is rare that we get a "Clean" job........ Too many cowboys.

I realy earn my money. My clients are my "Agents" they reccomend me. I work nearly everyday. I got married nearly a year ago... still no Honeymoon.

I started afew years ago when I got "asked" to help a lady who is stuck in a wheelchair and thought her builders where great. Her Solicitor asked me to have a "look..." I found a "Live" wheelchair access type Bath."Emergency" alarm pulls not connected. Gas not safe etc......... The proof I presented was the Contractors did not care about these problems.The lady is still 9k£ down.The company did a runner....But the owner was "Found"!!!
Old 03 October 2002, 12:33 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Luke, you should work for the goverment, you'd be a help to the country. Wages are ****e though.
Old 03 October 2002, 07:10 AM
Luke
BANNED

Jack
The only contract I would do for this Goverment would be "On them".......

I just believe that these Drivers jobs do not deserve the pay they are getting.
Old 03 October 2002, 07:19 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

no course not, its not like it's a responsible job or anything, I mean, it's not like they are charged with the safety of thousands of people each day or anything
Old 03 October 2002, 08:16 AM
DanTheMan
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jack:
of course you dont mind paying for the privelege, when the other option is the tube !!!!!
I used to commute daily on the train/tube but now I use a motorbike as its loads cheaper, quicker and more reliable. I also drive there regularly (white van man you see) so I do know what I'm talking about
He should provide a reliable public service before forcing everyone to use it.........
Old 03 October 2002, 08:20 AM
Martingb
Scooby Regular

Saw in the Evening Standard that Bob Crow is on £71,800!
He should subsidise the drivers from his salary!

Martin.
Old 03 October 2002, 10:30 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Luke, if your a consultant then you probably overcharge (especially if solicitors are involved).

I think you're an arrogant ***** if you feel that you as a human are any more vital to the population than anyone else. Yes, you have influence on the lives of others, but give it 100 years after your death and you'll be forgotten, along with the rest of us.

Personally, I beleive that someone who is driving a train full (to the brim) of passengers should be happy and well adjusted, not some brain dead tosser who doesn't give a **** on the minimum wage.

Maybe airline pilots should only be on £15,000, after all, for 90% of the flight they do **** all?
Old 03 October 2002, 10:49 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

I'vw got a great idea: move all the companies out of London, and share the wealth they create with the rest of the UK. Stop building everything (like the dome, the new football national stadium, the "eye" etc ) there so that the rest of the UK gets a share. Make the Londoners/southerners go elsewhere for their car/caravan/boat shows instead of bowing to their whining and having one in London as well.
When we've sorted all this lot out, we can close down the tube, it won't be needed!!!
In short, either pay for the privilege of living there, and pay the drivers for working there, or get out, and stop moaning.
Sorry if this upsets anyone, it's all IMHO, and I do feel strongly about the division of wealth/facilities in this country.
Alcazar
Old 03 October 2002, 10:54 AM
TomM
Scooby Regular

Have to agree, 25k to drive a tube which stops itself is more than enough, how hard can it be? - and they are going on strike!!! - cheeky *******!!

I nearly fell off my chair when I found out thats what they got!!.

Push button, move lever, push button, move lever, push button, move lever, puch button, move lever - 25k for that!, behave yourself monkeys, you should be grateful you get 25k!!
Old 03 October 2002, 10:57 AM
Alpine
Scooby Regular

I think the **** that hits the fan when these guys don't work probably shows they are worth the money. Maybe it's not the most high powered job, and maybe it doesn't require the greatest skill levels but it is a vital component that makes society tick. The self-same could be said of bin men but you'd be complaining when you were up to your neck in your own ****..

Anyway, how can you afford to live in London on 25k?
Old 03 October 2002, 11:00 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

sorry, is it me?

when you leave school and get a job do you not consider the long term pay?

when i left school i worked at Arthur Hill Swimming Pool (kings rd in Reading, at cemetry junction ) anyway i soon realised that if i wanted to earn some money being a lifeguard/gym instructor was not the way so i went down to Office World and bought a calculator then got a job selling investments as it paid more.

if i had stayed at the pool i'd not expect to be able to get more money...so i left.

why dont ppl realise that if you are gonna drive (like it needs driving! ) a tube train then you aint gonna be loaded...so either put up with it of go to office world.

T
Old 03 October 2002, 11:15 AM
mr WRX
Scooby Regular

Angry

Luke,

Now I work for London Underground , I don't like going out on strike, but everyone likes more money i think we all agree on that. For last 15 years I've worked in the Signalling department looking after the Jubilee line and the Met, which i mite tell you is very stressfull along with the crap hours we have to do as well.

OK, so drivers do earn £31,500 but I get more and want more, a 3% pay rise is not good enough,so it's not just them on strike it's all of us, but they have more of an impact so if we all go out nothing runs, nothing gets signalled and no stations can open.
If our Bosses would sit down and talk to the unions this could be sorted out, but NO they won't do that ! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

So rather than rant on at us, Have a go at them it's their fault, NOT ours.

Just a warning now, the next strikes will be 48hrs.
Old 03 October 2002, 11:24 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

stress, crap hrs and the moneys not enough? what are you doing about finding a different job? cause that one sounds naff.

T
Old 03 October 2002, 11:28 AM
ChrisB

"a 3% pay rise is not good enough"

It's more than some people will get this year! Those folks can't hold the public to ransom.
Old 03 October 2002, 11:31 AM
TomM
Scooby Regular

What a load of crap, Ive neverunderstood this mentallity.

When the **** hits the fan when these guys strike it doesnt make me realise how valuable they are, it makes me realise that it needs someone to sort it out. Iam sure there would be an endless line of people willing to train and learn how to drive a tube for under 20k, there are people crying out for work and these people want more than £31500 to drive a tube!! - please, what a joke. It highlights what a mess the public transport system is behind the scenes, its run by clowns.

If you dont like what you do - dont do it!, if your not happy with the money you earn - go elsewhere or do something about it, I cant stand people who moan about how **** thier job is and how unhappy they are, get some initiative and do something about it, it will improve you!!!

The reaon these tube drivers are kicking up such a fuss is that most of them cant go and do anything else, they are non-skilled low level employees and whilst they do provide a good service, it could be done for a lot less and some of the savings could be put to better use.

I have a friend who is a nurse and has been for some years, she still earns £17500 and she works long hours! - now that job deserves more money, they provide an essential service that they have spent years training for.

Nurse : £17500
Tube Driver : £31500

Something is seriously wrong with this country, those figures should reversed, that way we would have more people wanting to be nurses and we wouldnt have to be calling old retired medical staff back to work!!

In my opinion tube drivers should shut the **** up, they are taking the ****. I used to work in town for many years and used the tube daily, pay these ******* 10k less and sort the trains out.

I understand that most people want more money but come on, 30 grand to drive a tube! - **** takers 100%
Old 03 October 2002, 11:33 AM
mr WRX
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ok,

How about this, on strike days we come in to work but you all travel free.

I'd be happy with that and I sure most would.

Old 03 October 2002, 11:36 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well 3% rise is more than my pay rise this year and I earn less too [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03 October 2002, 11:37 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Doesn't affect me - I don't take the tube. As far as I'm concerned, if the tube drivers want more, they can whistle for it. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Having said that, I can understand their point of view. I mean, my rates have gone up by between 11% and 25% every year for the last 5 years, so there's no way I'd consider taking a poxy 3%.

Quick Reply: Again.... Tube drivers,"You are not worth 25K a year"