Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pr1ck attacked my Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2002, 09:17 PM
jgc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by Jason Crozier; 25 February 2005 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10 February 2002, 11:14 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahahahahah

some of you guys make me fooking laugh.

"if he hit my dog i would have been up for assault"

etc etc etc

yadda yadda yadda

you have these dogs cos you are 4 foot tall and need a ***** extension.

wound you up enuff yet???

now look at it from the other side

"devil dog attacks pensioner"

bet the poor bloke **** himself. i hate dogs - the bigger they are the more i hate them.

if a "10 stone" - by your accounts, german sheperd came running at me i would panic. wagging tail or snarling teeth - i would panic.

i would have reacted the same as this old man and i have 20/20 vision.

proud that you threw a pensioner in the bushes?

yeh nice one mate.

think what you have done to this mans life today.

all he wanted to do was walk his dog.

[Edited by jjones - 10/2/2002 11:17:11 PM]
Old 10 February 2002, 11:32 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
people react in different ways when stressed/frightened.

if you are going to let you 10 stone dog bound up to me and i am uncertain of what it is going to do then i would lash out.

what if it hadn't been the pensioner as you suggested. what if it had been a 30 year old man and his 2 year old daughter??

[Edited by jjones - 10/2/2002 11:34:28 PM]
Old 10 March 2002, 11:56 AM
dogmaul
Scooby Regular

because it didnt feel it was in danger, a dog will attack if it feel it or its owner is in danger, it didnt think it was so it didnt attack either that or it knew the old bloke would attack so didnt feel the need

Did you think maybe the old bloke was theone on the lead hehe

[Edited by dogmaul - 10/3/2002 11:58:28 AM]
Old 10 March 2002, 12:21 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Nope, but thats not the point.

There was no justification for such an attack.

Would it be considered acceptable for me to "brain" every human being that walked towards me in even a remotely forward manner?

No, didn't think so.

[Edited by diablo - 10/3/2002 12:22:12 PM]
Old 10 March 2002, 04:35 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

We have the evidence

[Edited by ^Qwerty^ - 10/3/2002 4:37:43 PM]
Old 10 March 2002, 04:39 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

We only have one side of the story and from PP's perspective then the old guy was out of order for attcking his dog and most people appear to agree with him but let's hear the other side shall we.

"You won't believe what happened to me, I was walking my dog "Hirohito" yesterday, minding my own business when this HUGE German Sheppard comes running over.

I **** myself, it looked like it was going to be trouble and it wasn't on a lead or anything so I wacked it over the head with my walking stick.

This dog has Hiro by the throat so I keep hitting, next thing I know this guy grabs me and send me flying into a bush, WTF is he on did he not see that his dog was going to attack?

He tells me to get out of their quick, what a complete nutter and his dog needs to be put down".

Now some of you will read this and say "blah blah what a load of bo11ocks" but I bet the guys story isn't too dissimilar from this one.

Mike

[Edited by RB170 - 10/3/2002 4:42:21 PM]
Old 02 October 2002, 08:16 PM
puppypower
Scooby Regular

Sorry gotta get this off my chest...

I was walking with my baby in her pram and my large German shepherd dog in the middle of the woods near my house. Now although my dog is 10 stone he is as soft as anything and always plays with other dogs. Anyway we were walking along the path when a old man ( 60-65) with a Japanese big dog, on a lead, was in front of us.

He stopped and my dog ran over wagging his tail. The man pulled out a retractable walking stick and broke it over my dogs head, my boy went nuts and attacked the other dog with the man still hitting him. I was in shock after seeing this action and ran over and launched the geezer into a bush, by puling him, not punching. I then had to seperate the dogs ( Well remove mine from the neck of the other)

I asked the guy what the F0ck he was doing and he said he should be under control, I told him to leave quickly before I broke his head.

I accept that if my dog had attacked, then he was justified, but my dog had not even reached him. And the force it took to break a piece of metal stick on an animals head must have been massive.

I have never since my days in the Army been so close to seriously hurting someone, but this guy should not be allowed out.

I called the Police when I got home and it took about half an hour for my wife to calm me down. I just can't believe some people, with my baby in her pram as well.

Luckily my dog has a think skull and he just has a small cut thank god.

PP
Old 02 October 2002, 08:19 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Damn, what a tosser. Unfortunately, I reckon when he tells this anecdote to his friends and family, it will be about the out of control dog and it's out of control owner

You should have broke a tree over his head.
Old 02 October 2002, 08:21 PM
puppypower
Scooby Regular

Exactly why I called the old bill.
Also there was an independant guy walkng along who caught the after effects and examined my boy.

I can see it in the press though 6'02" twentysomething attacks pensioner in woods.

PP
Old 02 October 2002, 09:11 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

I'm not a dog owner but are they not supposed to be on a lead in public? If this old guy had his on a lead and your's ran up to him (a big dog by the sounds of it) what would you have expected him to do?

Animal threads always go t1ts up here so I may as well start.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:21 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

I would agree to an extent...60-65 year old chap...10 stone of German Shepherd running at him - he was probably scared. Don't forget, his eyesight might not be 20/20...

Ok, he may have over-reacted, but he probably wasn't thinking of that - just the protection of himself and his own dog.

In most public places I believe dogs are supposed to be on a lead.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:35 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Usual self-righteous w@nk in here!
Simple answer if I was walking along with perfect vision reasonably sound mind and 10 stone of German Shepherd came bounding over you better hope he stops at my feet cos I'd not hesitate in putting the dog or owner swiftly in place.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:38 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Jason - the chap didn't go looking for this dog, nor did he take the metal cane with him specifically to hit dogs - he was simply going for a walk, minding his own business with his own pet, when a completely unknown 10 stone German Shepherd comes bounding at him.

Yes, PuppyPower knows that his dog is as soft as lights, but the other chap didn't.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:41 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

Fair point but some people's reaction may not be as sane as ours.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:44 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

if you are ignorant of a dog's behaviours that is no excuse to attack it.
Turn it around and say [i]if you are ignorant of other people's reactions is it wise to let a dog run free?
Old 02 October 2002, 09:45 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

puppypower - i have similar probs with my shepherd, people always assume that big dog=bad dog, the number of people that cr5p themselves when he trots upto them. He just cannot understand why not everyone wants to say hello to him.
More of a problem are people with other dogs. Again they assume that mine is about to eat there's alive. I've given up and take to keeping him either on a lead or at heel - its just less hassle.

I'd understand someone hitting my dog if it was fighting, but not unprovoked.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:46 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Yes I have Jason - I was walking our own dog around our fields when the Doberman from 7 doors up came bounding over. I don't know the temperament of this dog and it did concern me. As it stands I just shouted at it and it ran back away again. Had it actually attacked my dog, I don't know what I would have done to protect him.

However, my first thought was for the protection of a) my dog and b) me.
Old 02 October 2002, 09:47 PM
WoIfie
Scooby Regular

well done mate if someone hit oscar i would end up doing 10 years
Old 02 October 2002, 10:10 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

It's an initial reaction, Jason...that's all.

My dog does not get on with other dogs that well - it's a trait of the breed. Excellent people dogs, not brilliant dog dogs. Had the Doberman gone up to my dog, Bruno would have started something.

I don't advocate hitting the dog, gracious no, but I can see both sides here.

It's like letting your children run up to the road on the pavement....YOU know they can stop, the CHILD knows that it will stop, the DRIVER does not know this....
Old 02 October 2002, 10:14 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

I have 4 cats, Jason. 1 Dog, a Hamster, 29 tropical Fish, 4 coldwater fish....what's your point?
Old 02 October 2002, 10:17 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Well of course I would, you numptie...it's hardly in the same league, now is it?

10 stone of unknown dog bounding at you or a cat performing ablutions...

Look, I'm not going to get into a fight here, I can see both sides of the story, you obviously can't. Well fair enough - we've both expressed our opinions, we differ, good for us - makes the world more interesting....
Old 02 October 2002, 10:17 PM
Mark Jackson
Scooby Regular

About tyen years ago my mum had a little chiwawa , she went out to walk it round the block as usual and after about a minute we heard my mum screaming so me, my dad and my brother run out to find my mum in hysterics holding the dogs lead kicking out at a terrier that had grabbed hold of nipper, it wouldnt let go whatever we did trying to prise its jaws apart, pinching it etc and our dog looked like it was almost dead so my dad who had been trying to get the terrier off without hurting it decided to cave its skull in, one punch to the top of the head and the thing flopped down dead, Nipper survived for another three years, so basically had its owner kept it on a lead in the street his dog would have barked at ours but would have survived.

My dad was gutted about what he did but he did love his chiwawa

Old 02 October 2002, 10:27 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

LOL...ir your puppy is that young - he should be inside, as recommended by vets.

Old 02 October 2002, 10:34 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hello Jason.

Anyway...back to the thread...
Old 02 October 2002, 10:40 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Bruno gets walked in 6 acres of fields at the back of Mum & Dad's house - he doesn't go public.

And I too, sincerely hope that no one attacks him.

PuppyPower - did you have your dog checked out at the vets?? It may only be a small cut, but he may have internal bleeding or something?? An injection of antibiotics may be required as well. Just a thought.
Old 02 October 2002, 10:46 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Smile

Yes they are, Jason. My parents own that 6 acres.
Old 02 October 2002, 10:54 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Smile

It's difficult to be honest, Jason. My folks live right on the A1, so unless we want to walk him up that road, he goes round the fields.

He loves it, though and he's a happy little dog.
Old 02 October 2002, 11:06 PM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Border Terrier.

Bravo - I *do* agree with you...maybe the bloke had had a bad experience with German Shepherds...I don't know.

Quick Reply: Pr1ck attacked my Dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!