Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Orange Mobile Network

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2002, 11:59 AM
burga1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Anyone else experiencing problems with orange?

They are being unhelpfull with everyone i know.

Not changing faulty phones, bad customer services etc......
Old 17 September 2002, 12:03 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

Totally the opposite...

Been with them since about 95.. not a problem..

Changed phones without question and outside of insurance too..

JGM
Old 17 September 2002, 12:05 PM
nichop
Scooby Regular

Totally agree with Jolly Green Monster. Got nothing but praise for them. Work mobiles are on Cellnet who are terrible in comparison.
Old 17 September 2002, 12:06 PM
Graham H
Scooby Regular

Yep,

I'm with Orange. Have found them unhelpfull.
My phone got stolen on holiday and inspite of the fact that I was insured i had to pay £50 towards a replacement.

If i try to txt the phone switches off. (Nokia 8310).

If you try to phone the orange customer service expect to wait 30 minutes minimum. I waited over an hour once, and u get charged for the call if it is from a land line.

Also seem expensive.

Once my contract ends i will be going elsewhere.
Old 17 September 2002, 12:08 PM
burga1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yeah, I've been with orange years and had no problems, just seems that everone i speak to locally has had a bad deal. Work has just moved phones over to O2 because of Orange being unhelpfull. The Missus has had 5 faulty phones in 3 weeks and wont let her choose a different model!!!! Crazy as she has only had the phone a month.
Old 17 September 2002, 12:11 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

I'm on T-mobile at the moment, and at the end of the week I'm going back to Orange. Orange may have occasionally upset me in the past (I was with them for 3yrs), but nothing like T-mobile have in 10 months.

It is no wonder to me that Orange have won the Mobile users safisfaction award every year since it's inception.........
Old 17 September 2002, 12:11 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

If you try to phone the orange customer service expect to wait 30 minutes minimum. I waited over an hour once, and u get charged for the call if it is from a land line.
Although I do agree they could get more staff to answer the phones as it takes ages to get through..

JGM
Old 17 September 2002, 12:21 PM
Jen.
Scooby Regular

? Phone's picked up after one or two rings when I try - once they picked it up before I heard it ring the other end which *really* confused me!

Very helpful, very friendly - although I havn't had much need to ring them over the couple of years I was with them...as opposed to Cellnet who charge a fortune for ringing them, raised my bill limit which I'd requested stay at £100 so they could charge me for something I hadn't had?! Consistantly got the billing wrong and were very unhelpful everytime I spoke to them Was going to Vodaphone, but my future sister-in-law got one for Christmas, tryed to ring up on boxing day to activate it and got the message "sorry, this is the wrong time of year to contact Vodaphone, please call back in 7 days"!! Needless to say I wasn't very impressed with that

...I'll stick to Orange I think
Old 17 September 2002, 12:35 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
CR@P since the takeover.

I've been with them since they started and used to be able to get through to customer services with no problems and was always dealt with in a very responsible manner.

However, if I try to ring now it takes me on average 7 minutes, on a good day. Over the last week I have spent six hours on the phone with them.

Two weeks ago Orange equity offered me an upgrade in exchange for my outstanding points. Great I thought, so I went for a 6310i as it had the facility to sync with outlook. The phone arrived next day so I get it out of the box and ring orange to get connected; I'm told to leave the new phone of for an hour, switch it back on and it'll work. 3hrs later and it still doesn't work so I ring them up to be told I have to wait for 24hrs before they will escalate the problem.

I have a disabled sister who has just gone into hospital so I explain to Orange that I cannot be without a phone but they just say there is nothing they can do. Nice one guys.

Whilst I'm waiting I attempt to sync the phone with outlook with no joy. I ring Orange who state that it must be a software problem and they only support the phones basically they're not interested. I'll have to speak with someone at Nokia. I do this and after two hours we find a way to get it to sync but there is a problem with the software which Nokia are now looking at.

After 22 hours I ring back and get told that they will attempt to resend the SIM update and I will have to wait a further 12hrs and at this point I stop being calm so they offer to carry out some diagnostics on the new handset but they can't be carried out until tomorrow sir; is that OK? Quite frankly no. I then demand that my old handset be reactivated to which they tell me that the only way I can get it reactivated is to switch to pay as you go. Anyway after a long and drawn out row speaking with complete fcukwits that do not know their @rse from their elbow they agree to reactivate my old phone. Great, this worked within 10mins so there's definately a problem with the new handset or SIM card then.

They send out a new SIM card, I ring to get this activated and we're back in the same boat, old phone again deactivated and new phone sill not resonding to any updates. I get the same story and I'm told that I'll have to wait for another 24hrs before any escalation takes place. After a long conversation with a supervisor he agrees to look into the problem now. As it turns out within an hour they find the problem. The brand new phone they had sent me was registered as stolen and had been deactivated so within 10mins I was back up and working on the new phone. If only they'd done wait I asked days ago!

Rant over, I just felt that I had to get that off my chest.

Other than that they've been great
Old 17 September 2002, 12:39 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Forgot to add that the free upgrade wasn't free afterall.

I received my bill on Saturday, I'd been charged £75

I rang them, was on the phone for 55mins and they agreed that I shouldn't have been charged but they'd have to charge me for it now as it's too late to change the billing information but I would get credited back next month. I explained that there were insufficient funds to make this payment so they cancelled my DD, I've now got to pay by cheque and reset up another DD.

What a load of ol' tosh!
Old 17 September 2002, 12:41 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

I have an Orange phone and have never had any problems, either with billing or replacement phones.
Incidently I am currently working for Orange albeit on a contract, so if you have any particular gripes I can try and find out more info, but can't promise anything.
Graham H, were you on Orange Care or was the insurance with the place you got the phone? The £50 offer is for those who don't have insurance with Orange. Basically you get a phone for £50 as opposed to paying the full price.
Old 17 September 2002, 12:52 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Was with Orange for 3 years and had no problems with them whatsoever bar the fact they brand the handsets and take ages to release the latest handsets. I went with Voda to get my T68i and they are pants in comparison and I am know regretting it!

1. My phone goes to SOS calls only all the time whereas with Orange I had reception pretty much everywhere.

2. Text messages often dont get to the destination phone after they have left mine - up to 5 hours late.

3. The format of the bills is pathetic - the info is all over the place.

4. No free phone ins - £5.95 + vat per month is a **** take.

5. No OVP.

Need I go on?????

Simon.
Old 17 September 2002, 01:44 PM
GazP
Scooby Regular

When I got my contract phone with Orange I gave my details over the phone so they would contact my building society to set up a direct debit. 2 months later, I got 2 letters from them on the same day, one asking why I hadn't paid my bill, the second saying to contact them or the phone would be cut off.

So I phoned them up and asked what was the problem, they wanted to know why they hadn't been paid for 2 months. I said they were going to set up the direct debit and that I had given my details correctly when I bought the phone and signed up with them. So the operator then got rather shirty with me saying that unless I paid within 24 hours the full outstanding amount I would be cut off. So I told her I had no intention of not paying the bills, and as far as I knew I had paid them via direct debit. So I said I would contact my building society to see if there was a problem. Again I was told rather bluntly pay in 24 hours or you are cut off, so I told her to "**** off" and hung up. Phoned the building society and guess what? Orange had applied for a direct debit to be set up the day before the 2 letters arrived, and it was going to be set up, their problem and they were blaming me for their incompetence.

So I phoned the up again, spoke to someone human this time, nice geordie woman and explained what had gone on. She accepted it was their fault, and that I should ignore the letters entirely. I thanked her and asked if she knew the previous woman I spoke to. She said yes she did know her. I asked her to tell her from me that she was "A bitch", thanked her for her help and politeness and hung up.

Network coverage on Orange is the best in the UK, more transmitters than all the other networks, but some of their staff are a$$holes [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 17 September 2002, 03:18 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Further to my earlier e-mail, I've just ordered my Samsung T100 for nowt on Orange Everyone 200 with Everyday 50 as an option on Line 2. £39 per month, including 200 x-net mins per month & 50 mins off-peak every day. Suits me sir..........

[Edited by Reffro - 9/17/2002 3:20:09 PM]
Old 17 September 2002, 03:39 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Graham H

YHM
Old 17 September 2002, 06:20 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

WHEN I get through to them they are brilliant. Never had a problem getting through to them before I got a contract with them, but now, not so easy!

I am narked off with the signal I get at home though, and wish I had not gone to orange, but hey ho, you lives n learns.
Old 17 September 2002, 08:49 PM
Little Miss WRX

Cool

I was with Orange then swapped to BT Cellnet as most of my family were with them.
When they changed to 02 I had a nightmare with them, swapped back to Orange and all is fine!