Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone been on the QE2?

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2002, 07:03 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend of mine is thinking about taking his wife and kids (age 10 and 12) to New York on the QE2 as a birthday present but isn't sure whether the kids will enjoy it much. Has anyone been on the QE2 with kids this age or care to comment?

If the QE2 is a no go then he's thinking of flying there on Concorde.
Old 26 August 2002, 07:24 PM
Chelsie-Bun
Scooby Regular

Wink

sorry no but just come back from a PO cruse there was 13 stores, 3 pools do you want me to go on.

chel xxx
Old 26 August 2002, 10:07 PM
NICKBG
Scooby Regular

I went on the QE2 years back when I was a kid.. I think it may have even changed hands now, but yes there are pools, kids amusement arcades (they were all free play too) kids clubs, caberet etc, I always found plenty to do, they only nightmare was a real posh dinner - where suits etc had to be worn. Having said this everything was excellent quality.

Having said this - I am not sure if any of the above is true to this day - it must have been 15 years ago that I went on it.

Hope this helps - and just for your information - yes, it is still possible to get sea sick - we got caught in a hurricane in the middle of the atlantic !

Nick
Old 27 August 2002, 12:40 AM
TAZMAN
Scooby Regular

I spent 7 years working in the cruise industry...on board and shore side...the kids will love it and there is nothing that beats sailing into New York..can't recommend it enough!
Old 27 August 2002, 01:04 PM
Scooby Snacks
Scooby Regular

My fiancee had a very disappointing trip on the QE2 last December. She's been on the Canberra and Oriana and said that the QE2 is nowhere near as good as either of them. The ship is owned by Canard now.

She complained about the food and sleeping accomodation and rather than give her her money back, they gave her a voucher redeemable against her next booking. Hello, after complaining about it, she won't be booking it again!

Anyway, all individuals have different perspectives. She hated it, your friend and his family may love it. You've got to admit, the novelty factor is very high and he'll probably get loads of brownie points. Concorde would be my choice!!