Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bats in the bedroom

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2002, 10:46 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

No not baseball bats but flying rodent type bats.

Been hearing a lot lately about bats nesting in houses & hotel lofts locally. Seen the funny side as I know one of the people who just found they had a bats nest in their loft yesterday. I was almost gonna watch Fangs on Sky box office tonite aswell.

Then **** me.... wife going up to bed as she's working early tomorrow...switches bedside light on & hears a fluttering noise behind the curtains...I get the shout 'Den come & catch this moth'...as I arrive in the bedroom what comes from behind the curtains.... a feckin real live bat that then starts flying about the bedroom. The wife's legged it by this time!!

Caught the wee bugger in a basin & released it outside. They are protected apparently & if they nest in your house they have to be removed by some bats protection league... I **** you not.

Since moving to this area two & a half years ago I have often seen bats flying round the street lights at night & sometimes you can hear them screeching thru the night but this was just a wee bit too close for me.

Don't think I'll bother watching Fangs now!!!! & tomorrow I'll need to check the loft to make sure there isn't a bats nest up there.

Wonder what's next as the cat already brought in a mouse tonite that was still alive!!!!

Maybe my son will bring a bird in!!

Big Den

[Edited by Big Den - 8/2/2002 10:49:27 PM]
Old 02 August 2002, 11:41 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

I was wrong.. the cat just brought another mouse in but this one was dead (still warm though)

Big Den
Old 03 August 2002, 12:35 AM
stu200
Scooby Regular

Smile

Bats are great

If you ever get the chance, go to the Bat Cave at Chester Zoo, which is the largest free-flight bat cave in the world Having a Rodrigues Island Fruit Bat flying round you in near dark is great fun ...
Old 03 August 2002, 12:56 AM
uncle buck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Be thankfull.... it's wildlife in action....

Love bat's - once one flew up into my girlfriend's crash helmet visor whilst she was on the move on her Honda 90