Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Disaster. Awful News,and Cancelled Holidays......

Search this Thread

Old 30 July 2002, 01:42 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Awful news, just awful...
My girlfriends Dad has become very ill these past couple of weeks. He's in Hospital right now for tests. The doctors seem to think it's either a brain tumour or a very virulent form of Alzeimers (he's 78). We live in Northampton, her parents live in Plymouth.
My girlfriend is there right now. She spoke to me this evening on the phone and she sounded awful. We've been together 6 years now and I've never heard her sound like this before. It broke my heart.
We where supposed to fly out to Majorca on Friday. I'd bought her an egagement ring and I was going to propose to her whilst we were on holiday but thats not going to happen now, it's just not the right time, to say the least....
I'm going to cancel the holiday in the morning. There is no way we can go now. We have insurance but I just hope they will pay out on something like this (2K) so I can take her on a holiday and propose to her at a later date but I just don't know if they will...God nows how all this is going to work out, I don't know.
Sorry if I've gone on a bit but I just feel so helpless right now...
Old 30 July 2002, 02:08 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

All you can do is support her and be there for her.

In Feb I went through a hard time where my dad went into hospital and I was scared I was going to lose him. Fortunately he is now on the way to getting better.

My aunt (my dad's sister) is dying of cancer and there is nothing I can do to help my dad apart from be there for him whenever he needs me.

I know my other half struggles as he is unable to be with me at this time, but I know he is *there* if I need him.

Hopefully the holiday can be sorted for another time and your engagement can go ahead as you want it to.

Michelle.
Old 30 July 2002, 08:35 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Hang in there mate and support her. She will need you more than ever now and in the future..... there will be right time for your plans.
Mossman
Old 30 July 2002, 09:56 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Good luck, give support, she needs you

Brendan