Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Unmarked car warning

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2002, 10:11 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Got stopped last night by a Black Vauxhall Omega saloon in Derby..

He was trying to encourage me to go faster by trying to keep up around a couple of roundabouts and sitting on my rear bumper etc..

Then pulled me for 50mph in a 40 limit which I held my hand up to.. it was 10:30pm and road was empty and he was pushing...

Managed to talk my way out of it, although it was more him either unable to nick me or not wanting the paper work. Very luck which ever. I must say though he was in a right mood.. no need for the attitude.. if you are going to nick someone or let them off why not with perhaps one smile? If it had been a 30mph limit and 3:30 going past a school I can understand his mood. Although he was not heavy on the lecture mind, just seemed pi55ed off.

He said "Give me a reason to let me off" to which I said "We are going to beat Brasil tomorrow" ... he was not amused....

I shall now be sticking to limits as it happened far easier than I thought it would have.. and to be honest I sahould have been sticking to the marked up limits anyway.

JGM

Old 21 June 2002, 10:44 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

theres a burgundy omega round my way that keeps trying it on - but i wasnt going to get sucked in
Old 21 June 2002, 10:51 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Angry

I would call it entrapment and I thought they were not allowed to do it?

Cannot understand his unfriendlyness either? would not have hurt to have been a little more human.

The Police have just lost a browny point in my book... I did have lots of respect for them.

Lucky you ignored him then..

JGM
Old 21 June 2002, 11:29 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

ive seen him afew times before, driving like a tw@t, theres another post of it somewhere, think several others have seen him too
Old 21 June 2002, 11:59 AM
trigbert
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yeah, he followed me off the M1/A38 roundabout on my way to Derby the other morning. Fortunately had my eyes open and noticed him in the rear view at the traffic lights.

He soon realised after 2 miles on the A38 at 70mph that he was not going to get me in his little book - so flew past me looking for his next victim.

Also - dont know if you've seen lots of little white vans (fiats I think)in Nottinghamshire. Be warned they have a habit of parking in lay-bys with the camera set up in front on a tripod. Nice mobile speed traps. I just know one of these mobiles speed traps is going to get me cos they know all the best places to hide - you know over brows and after bends.

Cant see what the deterrent, unless you lose your license. Obviously just a revenue booster.

Apparently for the price of one Gatzo they can be buy these vans, camera and 2 men to run round the county for a year.
Old 21 June 2002, 12:07 PM
rapiddescent
Scooby Regular

Q. "Is there any reason why I should not book you?"

A. "Yes, I have a rear mounted video camera and I am going to file a complaint for reckless driving on your part."

someone should sting him - because this behaviour is going to end in an accident soon.

rd
Old 21 June 2002, 12:08 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I do have a video camera and could mount it... good idea..
Old 21 June 2002, 05:36 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

On the good cop, bad cop theme that seems to be going around this forum I would like to add that I may not have been overly happy with being stopped and his attitude or the way he encouraged me etc.. but he was only one cop.... I will still keep my mind balanced... or try too.... still thing it is dirty to try and make you do somethinbg and then nick you for it, but then I suppose I shouldn't have taken the bait..

JGM
Old 22 June 2002, 02:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Whenever I've been stopped, as far as I'm concerned, the plod can say what he likes etc, so long as I don't get booked. If they are stroppy, and still book you, get their shoulder number, report the conversation as verbatim as you can, AND TELL HIM YOU'RE GOING TO DO IT.