Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Any non-Londeners received a letter from TfL?

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2021, 07:41 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Any non-Londeners received a letter from TfL?

Anyone had one: I live 130miles away

And the closest I ever get is the m25 trying to get to and from Folkestone and being blocked from doing so due to the shower of shyte London drivers clogging the roads(UK really needs a M25 bypass for non-london traffic).

Mr Khan can shove it up his inhaler if he thinks London is so important that we will dare drive into there Screw that, even as a tourist there's better cities to visit (and cheaper). And as for working or living there, nah. I even avoid their airports at all costs.

Funny how it's changed from a congestion charge to 'emissions' charge. Fits the narrative nicely.

Last edited by ALi-B; 20 August 2021 at 07:43 PM.
Old 20 August 2021, 08:07 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Or you've got a clone that is regularly visiting London?
The following users liked this post:
Old 20 August 2021, 08:38 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Old 20 August 2021, 10:32 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

Cloned plate presumably
Old 21 August 2021, 08:14 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Hmm, I wonder if I could do a FoI request to find this out

It's an old private plate (removed from a VW camper back in the 70's) and currently on a 41 year old car that doesn't really go anywhere! And it has a local area identifier which is formed by last two letters (if your wondering, page 10: http://www.cvpg.co.uk/REG.pdf ).

But if some young IT bod not aware of the differences of old/new number plates, maybe they used the first two letters instead...as that would then make it "LA" which is a London region identifier.

Last edited by ALi-B; 21 August 2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old 21 August 2021, 09:39 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Police could check the ANPR cameras for you if you explain that you think you reg has been cloned.
If its regularly hitting cameras around London, they will know they have a cloned vehicle in the area.
Old 21 August 2021, 06:05 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Or you could have a clone of yourself like in the film

The Man Who Haunted Himself

Have you had any serious accidents or near death episodes recently?👻
Old 21 August 2021, 08:47 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

'I'm Harold Pelham !'
Old 21 August 2021, 09:14 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

I see dead people
Old 22 August 2021, 10:21 AM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

Originally Posted by ALi-B
I see dead people
So do I, I'm in the Jaguar Drivers Club !
Old 23 August 2021, 08:48 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aye, we got one at work regarding one of our vans.

Few days later we had to send it to Battersea, £27 for the privilege. London can GTF,
Old 23 August 2021, 09:22 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

It's a load of b**licks really: They still allow EU4 petrols...look at the tailpipe on my golf (or the tailgate after a run ) and it's covered in crud from the exhaust, run my finger round it and it's sooty gooey tar...yeah your breathing that yet it's ULEZ compliant.

Meanwhile the BMW 535d...two EGRs and a DPF. Tailpipe internals are spotless, run my finger round and it's clean -even though its done over 100,000 miles. But that's not ULEZ compliant. (I'll have to check, but possibly could appeal as it's a early adopter of EU6 compliance).

Then at work, I check over a EU6 compliant Discovery sport....it passes MOT emissions with ease. But clearly it's suffering a DPF failure (blow through/meltdown; common issue on these) as the tailpipe is as sooty as a chimney...yet its only done 25000miles. No way does it comply; If the DPF is melted it's likely the catalyst is melted too so it will produce excess NoX as well as soot, but because it says on the paper it's EU6 and there's no proper emissions testing done, it has no ULEZ charge.

Same with the M6/M5 60mph limit for "the environment"....when HGVs are limited to 56mph anyway and the biggest pollution is from the local traffic below sitting at traffic lights underneath the flyovers (Oldbury, Scott Arms etc.).
Old 24 August 2021, 11:39 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

It's a load of b**licks really: They still allow EU4 petrols...look at the tailpipe on my golf (or the tailgate after a run ) and it's covered in crud from the exhaust, run my finger round it and it's sooty gooey tar...yeah your breathing that yet it's ULEZ compliant.

Meanwhile the BMW 535d...two EGRs and a DPF. Tailpipe internals are spotless, run my finger round and it's clean -even though its done over 100,000 miles. But that's not ULEZ compliant. (I'll have to check, but possibly could appeal as it's a early adopter of EU6 compliance).

Then at work, I check over a EU6 compliant Discovery sport....it passes MOT emissions with ease. But clearly it's suffering a DPF failure (blow through/meltdown; common issue on these) as the tailpipe is as sooty as a chimney...yet its only done 25000miles. No way does it comply; If the DPF is melted it's likely the catalyst is melted too so it will produce excess NoX as well as soot, but because it says on the paper it's EU6 and there's no proper emissions testing done, it has no ULEZ charge.

Same with the M6/M5 60mph limit for "the environment"....when HGVs are limited to 56mph anyway and the biggest pollution is from the local traffic below sitting at traffic lights underneath the flyovers (Oldbury, Scott Arms etc.).
Its a huge con by the auto and fossil industry spending millions lobbying the government to water down emissions tests, cheating emissions test with software adaption.

Talking of con, blue hydrogen promoted by the fossil fuel companies. The chair of renewables from hydrogen resigned very recently. He said the oil companies had understated the pollution numbers to win over government.

No, really

big carbon polluters want to keep the cash rolling

Old 24 August 2021, 01:46 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by andy97
Its a huge con by the auto and fossil industry spending millions lobbying the government to water down emissions tests, cheating emissions test with software adaption.
Add Government and political idiocy: These gravy train riders legislated all the emission standards.

But did nothing to mandate each vehicle be tested to ensure it remains compliant during its lifetime. If every vehicle was tested bi-annually on a rolling road to confirm it still conforms, we'd see much cleaner air quality.

TBH I'm sick of following clapped out busses spewing everything out; I have to stick my air con on recirculate whenever I'm stuck behind one....yet these same vehicles have the freedom of the town centres.
Old 24 August 2021, 02:45 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Oh...talking of cons...

Gail Bradbrook. Co founder of Extinction Rebellion.
Declares "Climate Emergency"
Flies to Costa Rica
Drives a Diesel car!

And just seen a viral pic of a XR marquee being powered by a diesel genset to power the PA system in their Deansgate protest
They're all at it
The following users liked this post:
Old 25 August 2021, 07:37 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Oh...talking of cons...

Gail Bradbrook. Co founder of Extinction Rebellion.
Declares "Climate Emergency"
Flies to Costa Rica
Drives a Diesel car!

And just seen a viral pic of a XR marquee being powered by a diesel genset to power the PA system in their Deansgate protest
They're all at it
I met those red clad masked Extinction Rebellion folks on a local remote cliff path last year during the 1st Lockdown; they had driven a 400 mile round trip from Bristol to Lands End in a number of diesel LDV hippy vans, with photographers, all in separate tatty vehicles, just for PR, during national lockdown. There's alot of hypocrisy out there.
Old 25 August 2021, 10:54 AM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

I met those red clad masked Extinction Rebellion folks on a local remote cliff path last year during the 1st Lockdown; they had driven a 400 mile round trip from Bristol to Lands End in a number of diesel LDV hippy vans, with photographers, all in separate tatty vehicles, just for PR, during national lockdown. There's alot of hypocrisy out there.
You missed an opportunity there !
'Remote cliff path' sounds like the ideal location...................................
Was there a big drop on one side ?
Old 30 August 2021, 12:19 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

They left several tons of rubbish behind them in London last year, something just doesn't click in their heads about being environmentally friendly whilst protesting