Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A quick question on the Covid jab, who is having it, and who is not ?

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2021, 12:14 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts
Default A quick question on the Covid jab, who is having it, and who is not ?

I was just interested to know if the Covid jab is compulsory or not, nobody really knows what the long term effects of it are, just the short term which can have a lot of side effects. So i was just interested to know who has had it, who is going to have it, and who is not going to have it.
Old 01 March 2021, 12:22 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

I heard the long term affects are that youre unlikley to die from covid / take up an icu bed if you have the vaccine - so thats why ill have it

and so should everyone else fffs

Theres no chip - they have your phone for that !

Last edited by IdonthaveaScooby; 01 March 2021 at 12:24 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by IdonthaveaScooby:
Old 01 March 2021, 12:48 PM
scoobaholic
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Agreed, the actual data shows only little side effects which any vaccine would have. The benefits far outweigh the risks. So I‘ll have it when I get the chance and that‘s coming from a skeptical person.

I‘ve also spoken to a lot of people that have had it and noone had any problems. If there was something wrong it would be impossible to keep quiet.

There‘s too much bs floating around social media making people uncertain.
Old 01 March 2021, 12:55 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I don't have the flu jab and don't intend having the covid jab. Nothing to do with tracking or reading my brain.
I'm fairly confident we will all be forced to have it by 2025. My daughters nursery & Childs school have both mouthed that it's highly likely your child can not attend without it so it will be mandatory for all children at some point.

Same with holidays abroad. It'll be no entry with no proof of jab so I'll be forced at some point.

I don't really care for the NHS and the misdiagnosis's on multiple occasions with multiple people I know. And the £££ they waste every year.
The following users liked this post:
Old 01 March 2021, 01:03 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
I don't have the flu jab and don't intend having the covid jab. Nothing to do with tracking or reading my brain.
I'm fairly confident we will all be forced to have it by 2025. My daughters nursery & Childs school have both mouthed that it's highly likely your child can not attend without it so it will be mandatory for all children at some point.

Same with holidays abroad. It'll be no entry with no proof of jab so I'll be forced at some point.

I don't really care for the NHS and the misdiagnosis's on multiple occasions with multiple people I know. And the £££ they waste every year.
”reading my brain” 😂😂
Old 01 March 2021, 01:05 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by johno01
”reading my brain” 😂😂
I can't remember all the mad conspiracy theories, so made my own.
Old 01 March 2021, 01:25 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

My wife had it 6 weeks ago............tested positive 4 weeks later and had to self isolate,lost all her smell and taste then I tested positive aswell.

Will I.....won't I.......we shall see.
She wants me to but I'm not convinced, I didnt lose my smell or taste I just had heavy cold symptoms and aching all over for a week.
Old 01 March 2021, 01:30 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree
I was just interested to know if the Covid jab is compulsory or not, nobody really knows what the long term effects of it are, just the short term which can have a lot of side effects. So i was just interested to know who has had it, who is going to have it, and who is not going to have it.
Its not compulsory- only an idiot would refuse it
​​​​​​Effects long term, just like flu vaccine, measles etc etc
Side effects arw minimal, sore arm, headache, bit fever. Conpared to (worse case) death, organ damage.

Ive had both Covid and the vaccine. Vaccine much easier to deal with
Old 01 March 2021, 01:32 PM
coupe_20vt
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had my first jab. It's a no brainer to me.
Old 01 March 2021, 01:51 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK

so this is some sort of retribution youre exacting if as when you were to succumb

i doubt the virus itself give a toss either way lol
Old 01 March 2021, 02:24 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

What if the vaccine turns you into a mutant, there is no data to say it won't
The following 2 users liked this post by stevebt:
Old 01 March 2021, 02:37 PM
matt-c
Scooby Regular

Received 118 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta
My wife had it 6 weeks ago............tested positive 4 weeks later and had to self isolate,lost all her smell and taste then I tested positive aswell.

Will I.....won't I.......we shall see.
She wants me to but I'm not convinced, I didnt lose my smell or taste I just had heavy cold symptoms and aching all over for a week.

Normal, doesn't stop you getting it, does stop you dying.
Old 01 March 2021, 02:59 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I'll have it when it's offered or restrictions require me to do so (travel/vaccine passport etc.).

Its the socially responsible thing to do.

It will reduce rate of spread and mutations.

Last edited by ALi-B; 01 March 2021 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01 March 2021, 03:02 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
What if the vaccine turns you into a mutant, there is no data to say it won't
likely only improve the gene pool !
Old 01 March 2021, 03:08 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Talking

Apparently it is not Halal and makes you infertile, but as I am neither muslim or have any desire to contribute to the population, I will be getting it as and when the powers that be decide to give it to us people of working age instead of old retired people who are in no position to get the economy going again or pay tax.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wurzel:
Old 01 March 2021, 03:34 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

I will be getting it 👍
Old 01 March 2021, 03:52 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Apparently it is not Halal and makes you infertile, but as I am neither muslim or have any desire to contribute to the population, I will be getting it as and when the powers that be decide to give it to us people of working age instead of old retired people who are in no position to get the economy going again or pay tax.

Truth be told those likely to die from it are getting priority. Some also work; My mum's 70 and still works full time, albeit mostly via home due to lockdowns and my uncle's recently finished Chemo...and still at work...own business, needs the money etc.

The rest of us healthier oiks will just have to wait our turn. We likely won't die or even get hospitalised, but we can spread it. So those in key work and schoolchildren should be next before easing any any lock down. But I'm not in charge so hey-ho, the kids will just have to have loads of repeated tests and we'll reimpose the restrictions too late when cases surge again.
Old 01 March 2021, 04:09 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Truth be told those likely to die from it are getting priority. Some also work; My mum's 70 and still works full time, albeit mostly via home due to lockdowns and my uncle's recently finished Chemo...and still at work...own business, needs the money etc.

The rest of us healthier oiks will just have to wait our turn. We likely won't die or even get hospitalised, but we can spread it. So those in key work and schoolchildren should be next before easing any any lock down. But I'm not in charge so hey-ho, the kids will just have to have loads of repeated tests and we'll reimpose the restrictions too late when cases surge again.
Ok there are exceptions but my point is there are now millions of people out of work, business gone bankrupt, people losing their home and the government now 2 trillion in debt and still paying furlough, and handing money out hand over fist to people who could be working, paying taxes and not needing handouts from the government while they sit on their ***** at home. Vaccinating the 70s, 80s, 90s etc may be nice warm and fuzzy but this nice warm and fuzzy feeling is costing people jobs and homes. It wil also probably end up with tax rises so the gov can claw back the money they spent paying people to stay at home.

I saw on the news that 105yrs mrs x has had her vaccine and is now being put back in her box and is not contributing anything to society. I know these are peoples grannies etc but they are not contributing to the economy by sitting at home. Where as people could be vaccinated and open up shops, pubs, restaurants, gyms, offices etc and get off furlough.

Yes I am a ba5tard so don't bother telling me.

Last edited by Wurzel; 02 March 2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01 March 2021, 04:38 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IdonthaveaScooby
likely only improve the gene pool !

lets hope it improves peoples chances of writing sentences that make sense 😊
The following 2 users liked this post by stevebt:
Old 01 March 2021, 05:16 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Had mine (pfizer) at the end of January. No side effects (jab site a little bit sore) ; Given the appointment for the second one the same day (april 25th)
Old 01 March 2021, 05:23 PM
ted bass
Scooby Regular

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Still waiting for mine and will take up the offer, bit strange tho this age group thingy when im mid 50's and heard nowt so far but have guys at work who are in their early 30's and already gotta date for first injections and their not ones with any health problems 🤔
Old 01 March 2021, 05:51 PM
IdonthaveaScooby
Scooby Regular

Look at the class of reality tv show contestant nowadays

can only get better

Last edited by IdonthaveaScooby; 01 March 2021 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01 March 2021, 05:55 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

If I had a choice of which vaccine I could get, Iwould want the Pfizer but my daughter works for the NHS and she has said i will get the Astra one.
Old 01 March 2021, 07:32 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 747 Likes on 620 Posts

Had it about 4 weeks ago no probs.
Old 01 March 2021, 07:57 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

The data is piling in, both work pretty much as well as each other. Most important fact, both virtually eliminates hospitalisation of sufferer.

Ive had Pfizer, so did my wife. Wife's sisters have had AZ. We are all here immunised and fine
Old 01 March 2021, 08:10 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Read the paperwork in a pack of Aspirin and it lists dozens of side effects! Side effects are a fact of any medicine and the Covid vaccines are no different. I'll be getting vaccinated as soon as I'm eligible and don't care much which vaccine I get. I'm happy to get the Astra vaccine if it means someone with a higher risk than me gets a more effective vaccine!

In the end, the vaccines mean we reach herd immunity more quickly with less deaths and less people needing hospital treatment which in turn means we can return to normal more quickly. Anyone who believes the antivax cow-poo on Facebook and other social media channels and doesn't get the vaccine is quite frankly an idiot!
Old 02 March 2021, 10:35 AM
Mr Fuji
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

What I don't get about all the effin morons who say it's against their human rights to force them to take and restrict their travel etc etc, we already have such restrictions in place for all sorts of things, and no one bats an eyelid! A tonne of countries require you to have been vaccinated against Yellow fever before they will let you in, and I'm willing to bet a load of these half wits will have visited some and happily had their holiday jab so they can go!

The other one I hear is about how they don't want something in them that has been "rushed through and not properly tested, it takes years to get vaccines for......" or "huh, we don't we have a vaccine for [insert something dumb]", but most of the time taken to get a vaccine is trying to get funding, and of course that isn't a problem in a pandemic. The trial and certification process is the same, so it's safe, simple as.

It must be terribly frustrating for all these medical professionals, they have had the education, the years of training, research, real world application (not to mention history to back them up, vaccination works), only for people to trust Dave from Reading on Facebook that they are not safe........
Old 02 March 2021, 11:29 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Talking

Originally Posted by Mr Fuji
What I don't get about all the effin morons who say it's against their human rights to force them to take and restrict their travel etc etc, we already have such restrictions in place for all sorts of things, and no one bats an eyelid! A tonne of countries require you to have been vaccinated against Yellow fever before they will let you in, and I'm willing to bet a load of these half wits will have visited some and happily had their holiday jab so they can go!

The other one I hear is about how they don't want something in them that has been "rushed through and not properly tested, it takes years to get vaccines for......" or "huh, we don't we have a vaccine for [insert something dumb]", but most of the time taken to get a vaccine is trying to get funding, and of course that isn't a problem in a pandemic. The trial and certification process is the same, so it's safe, simple as.

It must be terribly frustrating for all these medical professionals, they have had the education, the years of training, research, real world application (not to mention history to back them up, vaccination works), only for people to trust Dave from Reading on Facebook that they are not safe........
Hey, I know Dave from Reading and he isn't even on Facebook so it can't be him claiming the vaccine isn't safe
Old 02 March 2021, 11:34 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

I love how some people on SM and on news interviews attribute a virus to race. Then go further to use racism as an excuse not to be vaccinated.

I wonder if they get triggered if the postman delivers a disproportionate number of white envelopes to brown

Last edited by ALi-B; 02 March 2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02 March 2021, 01:31 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Had my first jab waiting for second as I’m a carer and lucky enough to be in line had no probs at all 💪🏽

Nurse started laughing when I said “can I jab it up myself “

we should count ourselves lucky the vaccines free imo

With people not taking the jab 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️They need to stop scaring those who don’t know better.

pfizer really good brand used before they do brilliant growth hormone👌

Last edited by ZANY; 02 March 2021 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: A quick question on the Covid jab, who is having it, and who is not ?