Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Google heatmaps

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2020, 12:27 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Google heatmaps

I recently started a new job and I’m out on the road, and want to put a database(excel) of customers onto google maps as pin points with the customers/business name on to try and organise my visits. Can anyone point me in the right direction of an idiots guide to do this.

cheers

Mike
Old 29 January 2020, 12:38 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjeramy
I recently started a new job and I’m out on the road, and want to put a database(excel) of customers onto google maps as pin points with the customers/business name on to try and organise my visits. Can anyone point me in the right direction of an idiots guide to do this.

cheers

Mike
One problem with that is regarding the sharing of customer location data with a third party (google & anyone who could access your heatmap) without their permission.

One solution would be to use open street maps (look for OSMAND in the app store) then create a POI database with your customers in it.

Do you actually want to create a heatmap to see which customers you're visiting the most? AFAIK, you can add a heatmap layer to OSMAND, although I'm not entirely sure of the technical details.
Old 29 January 2020, 12:57 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to be able to have a map with all my customers on that I can look at and say there’s 8 in this area quite close together to organise my day, rather than having to google the area and post code then see which areas are close by. I have seen it done on google maps I just don’t know how to do it, I seem to recall the data was saved on google drive
Old 29 January 2020, 01:18 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjeramy
Just want to be able to have a map with all my customers on that I can look at and say there’s 8 in this area quite close together to organise my day, rather than having to google the area and post code then see which areas are close by. I have seen it done on google maps I just don’t know how to do it, I seem to recall the data was saved on google drive
have a look here!