Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Flu jab

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2018, 11:24 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Flu jab

I’ve had a letter to say my son needs his flu jab and should have it yearly as worse case is flu can kill.
do kids really need the flu jab?

I never have it and would hate it if it prevents his immune system from being stronger then it could be.

Last edited by RobsyUK; 04 October 2018 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04 October 2018, 11:59 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought was actually only recommended for +70

And carers.

Girlfriend whose a carer getting top up soon
Old 04 October 2018, 12:29 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My other half is a Pharmacy Dispenser (41yrs old) and she has it every year.
Old 04 October 2018, 12:49 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

There are new strains that are very different from when we were at school. He has probably been placed in the at risk group because schools are a breeding ground for bacteria. By him getting the jab it shouldn't harm his immune system, if anything it should train it up even more. But then I'm not a doctor or work in the medical field, its just my opinion.
Old 04 October 2018, 12:51 PM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Makes **** of
your immune system don’t bother
Old 04 October 2018, 01:48 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccin...d-flu-vaccine/
Old 04 October 2018, 01:54 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

this doesn’t help me. The letter they sent told me this.
i want to know if it does help boost you or leave your immune system weaker by not defending by itself.

i often wonder if these flu jabs are forced upon us to help keep the pharmaceuticals in business
Old 04 October 2018, 02:42 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by RAGGY DOO
Makes **** of
+1
always have it offered each year but never take it

wont ever let my kids have it neither even the nasal spray jobby they offered last year
Old 04 October 2018, 03:08 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

I will try and be impartial, I get no benefit if you take the flu jab or not

The jab is like a watered down version of flu. You are in effect infecting yourself but by doing so you immune system gets a flavour for it. So you are weakening it temporarily to make it stronger. Think of it as boxing, you spar before the real fight, that way you get a taste of boxing and some experience.

Now I'm not sure if it is still the case but the flu jab was made by various different companies and there were different versions. If your child has any underlying conditions or allergies then make sure the version of the flu jab is safe. Its like having a nut allergy, one version of icecream can be safe the other not at all.

I caught a strain of flu a few months ago, I'm talking the real flu, not the common cold, I was out for over a week and the flu I could feel for quite a few weeks after. I would have been hospitalised, my hearing went and I probably spent 21hrs a day sleeping.

Due to being in the not at risk group I haven't had the flu jab. Typically there were two main strains that go around the world, they change every so often so you are likely to get the flu every 3-5 years. The reason Hospital/medical staff get the flu jab every year is because of their exposure. I'm assuming kids all being in school in close proximity have a higher chance of passing it around but even so I didn't think they would put kids of that age in the risk group.

At the end of the day all you want to do is do right by your kids

I'm not telling you what to do but go and speak to a doctor, make an appointment and speak to them about your concerns. They should be able to tell you in more detail with facts.

Hope that clears you some of the confusion
Old 04 October 2018, 04:36 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by RobsyUK

this doesn’t help me. The letter they sent told me this.
i want to know if it does help boost you or leave your immune system weaker by not defending by itself.

i often wonder if these flu jabs are forced upon us to help keep the pharmaceuticals in business
did you actually read all the link?
The vaccine contains live but weakened flu viruses that do not cause flu in children. It will help your child build up immunity to flu in a similar way as natural infection, but without the symptoms.Because the main flu viruses change each year, a new nasal spray vaccine has to be given each year, in the same way as the injectable flu vaccine.
Try this as well.....

http://theconversation.com/a-strong-...y-factor-99512
Natural defences aren’t always enough to keep us safe and we need the help of flu vaccinations.
Vaccines are designed to educate an army of B and T cells which make up your adaptive immune system. This arm of your immune system learns by exposure and provides long-term immunity.These T and B cells need a bit of time from the initial influenza exposure before they can be activated. This activation lag time is when you feel the brunt of the flu infection: lethargy, body aches, extreme fatigue and unable to get off the couch for a day or two.To overcome this delay and protect people before they are exposed to potentially harmful flu strains, flu vaccination introduces fragments of the influenza virus into the body, which acts like prior exposure to the bug (without actual infection).

Last edited by Don Clark; 04 October 2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04 October 2018, 04:56 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i am asked if i want it every year as i am diabetic, and every year i say no thank you i have no desire to put mercury in my body
as it never leaves, all i will say is do your research
Old 04 October 2018, 10:32 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Makes **** of

Got to agree, I'm supposed to have it as my lungs are prone to infection. They said there was no side effects and at worse I'll feel a bit 'off' for a day or two. Utter boll*cks. Every time that b*stard flu jab would knock me for six for over a week. The last time I was at work and tried to fit a lower arm on a Scudo...I couldn't even lift it! Looking back I shouldn't have even been driving a car.

Maybe as a child it's ok as really the only thing that it's going to screw up (allergic reactions aside) is school, but as a adult book a week off work unless you know for sure it has no ill effects.

I havent bothered the last several years.

Old 05 October 2018, 07:38 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Makes you think why there’s nothing in place to check how well or strong the child’s immune system is before jabbing them up a major reason behind my boy being disabled off it sadly *******s

rant over
Old 05 October 2018, 08:00 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

Mercury and formaldehyde foetel cells and god only knows what other ****e are in the kids
vacines , I’d imagine similar stuff in this

Old 05 October 2018, 11:07 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
i am asked if i want it every year as i am diabetic, and every year i say no thank you i have no desire to put mercury in my body
as it never leaves, all i will say is do your research
Do you eat Tuna by any chance. There is a lot of mercury in that

Originally Posted by ZANY
Makes you think why there’s nothing in place to check how well or strong the child’s immune system is before jabbing them up a major reason behind my boy being disabled off it sadly *******s

rant over
I heard about your little one mate, I genuinely feel for you. Doctors are human at the end of the day and they do make mistakes, there could be blame with the doctors. Don't know the full story.

Slightly off topic but the vaccines we have seem to be different based on country. Was speaking to a guy I know and he is anti vax, I'm pro vax. The interesting point he made is how very different the USA vaccines are in comparison to the UK. The ingredients etc are very different. If any allergic reactions have happened it could be down to the actual vaccine itself just like the nut and icecream example I mentioned earlier. Zany the last bit wasn't aimed at you mate, I don't know your story but thought I would mention it based on someone the other comments made

Old 05 October 2018, 02:28 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
Do you eat Tuna by any chance. There is a lot of mercury in that

I heard about your little one mate, I genuinely feel for you. Doctors are human at the end of the day and they do make mistakes, there could be blame with the doctors. Don't know the full story.

Slightly off topic but the vaccines we have seem to be different based on country. Was speaking to a guy I know and he is anti vax, I'm pro vax. The interesting point he made is how very different the USA vaccines are in comparison to the UK. The ingredients etc are very different. If any allergic reactions have happened it could be down to the actual vaccine itself just like the nut and icecream example I mentioned earlier. Zany the last bit wasn't aimed at you mate, I don't know your story but thought I would mention it based on someone the other comments made

on the first mmr jab my boy had a very bad infection took him to hospital were after a week he was all well and back to himself I asked at the time if it was the mmr jab as it had come on alittle while after he took the jab and the consultants said clearly no
second jab he stopped breathing within ten minutes of it!
left him brain damaged and constant seizures he was he was sleeping/coma for the first 3years until the doctors took him off a medication named lamotrigine that was making him knockout all the time now he’s on carbemazipine which is allowin* him to stay up
now he can’t eat as he slept through his first few years that he should have been tasting eating etc

after 6 more years of blood tests and dna and putting my family through the same **** every 6months the results were inconclusive and have left us with no enclosure no acceptance of the mmr jab being the cause we still carry on every day as it comes I wish I never signed the red book now allowing them to jab my kid up
And now if there’s a jab they want to give I say give it on your own risk I won’t sign they stay away from both my kids arseholes
Old 05 October 2018, 03:03 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

on the first mmr jab my boy had a very bad infection took him to hospital were after a week he was all well and back to himself I asked at the time if it was the mmr jab as it had come on alittle while after he took the jab and the consultants said clearly no
left him brain damaged and constant seizures he was he was sleeping/coma for the first 3years until the doctors took him off a medication named lamotrigine that was making him knockout all the time now he’s on carbemazipine which is allowin* him to stay up
now he can’t eat as he slept through his first few years that he should have been tasting eating etc

after 6 more years of blood tests and dna and putting my family through the same **** every 6months the results were inconclusive and have left us with no enclosure no acceptance of the mmr jab being the cause we still carry on every day as it comes I wish I never signed the red book now allowing them to jab my kid up
And now if there’s a jab they want to give I say give it on your own risk I won’t sign they stay away from both my kids arseholes
my oldest daniel had the mmr and went into himself within 2days of having it, and was a different child, after 4-1/2 years or so was finally told he has asd and aspergers ( cheers for that) during this time our ryan was born perfectly healthy, and we where pressured into giving him the mmr, i said no fecking way, tell you what doctor bruce you sign this to say i can sue in the event of ryan developing asd etc and you can give it to him (he refused to sign ) so i said he aint having it then, ryan had grown up to be fit n healthy as has his younger sister who also has not had the mmr, as far as i am concerned there is a link but to this day it hasn't been proven as all research into it has been paid for by big pharma
Old 05 October 2018, 04:52 PM
asht88
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the flu jab and I am 30

i had flu 2 years ago and omg I thought I died, yes it was the real flu not a cold or sniffles..

ya fooooka, flue jab is really worth getting!!
Old 05 October 2018, 05:39 PM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't see how it inpairs the immune system, it must do the opposite by stimulating it to produce antibodies against the flu vaccine which is dead by the way.
Trev
Old 05 October 2018, 11:25 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

From what i've always understood is that the vaccination only protects from a certain strain of flu and that there are many different strains of flu virus that do the rounds each Winter so doesn't actually stop you getting the flu if you come into contact with a strain the vaccine doesn't cover. To me sounds like a waste of time other than for those who medically need protecting due to health risks. One of my children has it as they get asthma so are offered it each year but I wouldn't have it. And yes i've had proper flu and like the others here knocked me properly out for 1 to 2 weeks. The only time I ever take night nurse is when i have flu as it acts like a sedative on me.
Old 05 October 2018, 11:29 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Mercury and formaldehyde foetel cells and god only knows what other ****e are in the kids
vacines , I’d imagine similar stuff in this

this is what is in the average flu injection.

Adjuvant: see section 2.

Other: sodium chloride, potassium chloride, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dihydrate, magnesium chloride hexahydrate, calcium chloride dihydrate and water for injections.

you talk complete ****
Old 06 October 2018, 09:54 AM
trevsjwood
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
From what i've always understood is that the vaccination only protects from a certain strain of flu and that there are many different strains of flu virus that do the rounds each Winter so doesn't actually stop you getting the flu if you come into contact with a strain the vaccine doesn't cover. To me sounds like a waste of time other than for those who medically need protecting due to health risks. One of my children has it as they get asthma so are offered it each year but I wouldn't have it. And yes i've had proper flu and like the others here knocked me properly out for 1 to 2 weeks. The only time I ever take night nurse is when i have flu as it acts like a sedative on me.
I understood it protects against the main types of flu and also the vaccine helps to inhibit the wider spread of the virus, less infection, less spread.
Trev
Old 06 October 2018, 06:17 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by trevsjwood
I understood it protects against the main types of flu and also the vaccine helps to inhibit the wider spread of the virus, less infection, less spread.
Trev
There is no "main" type of flu. The flu strains change on a yearly basis pretty much. As a rule the flu always travels east to west - starting in Asia. As soon as the yearly flu cycle starts the WHO isolate the strains and release these to the pharmaceuticals who update their products with the new flu strain. For example, if you have fluad on a regular basis then the strain in the 2017 and 2018 shot will be different. Next year the product will be updated again with the new strain.
Old 06 October 2018, 07:55 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

That is messed up mate

I don't know what to say other then I feel for you
Old 06 October 2018, 08:00 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by trevsjwood
Trev
Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
There is no "main" type of flu. The flu strains change on a yearly basis pretty much. As a rule the flu always travels east to west - starting in Asia. As soon as the yearly flu cycle starts the WHO isolate the strains and release these to the pharmaceuticals who update their products with the new flu strain. For example, if you have fluad on a regular basis then the strain in the 2017 and 2018 shot will be different. Next year the product will be updated again with the new strain.
https://vicks.com/en-us/treatments/h...and-type-b-flu

There are two main types that routinely spread in humans and cause seasonal flu epidemics. The third cause only mild respiratory infections.

It is virtually impossible to develop effective vaccines that provide lifelong immunity because Flu viruses mutate and replicate.

Last edited by NOSSY_89; 06 October 2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09 October 2018, 07:28 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Thanks for your replies.

we are not going to get it done.
for 2wks him and my 1yr old have been bed ridden with feavers, then a week of severe vomiting and now he has an ear infection and she has bronchitus!

you really couldn't make this up.

amazingly he seems to be doing very well and out little monster is waiting for the antibiotics to kick in.

what next I wonder...