Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Flu jab - i had it and oh boy did it make me illl!

Search this Thread

Old 12 December 2009, 04:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Swine Flu jab - i had it and oh boy did it make me ill!

Had the jab 26th nov and immediately started to go down hill. I had all the side effects, diaorrea, dizziness, fever, aches and pains, headaches and anble to stand bright lights. In addition i suddenly developed a nasty absese on my stomach plus i got such a bad throat infection i was unable to eat or drink for 7 days. I got so ill i had to be admitted to hospital completley dehydrated and the abeses infected by blood, i was in a very sorry state.

I have literally just got out of hospital...
Old 12 December 2009, 04:12 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I haven't had any jab, and last week was spent eating loads, drinking copious amounts and generally having a good time.

I hope for your sake I develop terminal flu and die within a few months as otherwise your jab will have been pointless!

DCI

PS - Merry Xmas
Old 12 December 2009, 04:33 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear ,but swine flu is made up
Old 12 December 2009, 04:34 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Had the jab 26th nov and immediately started to go down hill. I had all the side effects, diaorrea, dizziness, fever, aches and pains, headaches and anble to stand bright lights. In addition i suddenly developed a nasty absese on my stomach plus i got such a bad throat infection i was unable to eat or drink for 7 days. I got so ill i had to be admitted to hospital completley dehydrated and the abeses infected by blood, i was in a very sorry state.

That's OK - it's just the virus rejecting you
Old 12 December 2009, 04:34 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear about you troubles

it sounds like its really not worth it for a couple of weeks away fron the grindstone
Old 12 December 2009, 04:41 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Why would any sane person get a swine flu jab?
Old 12 December 2009, 07:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're feeling better. But what did the doctor say about what happened to you? Reaction to the vaccine or *an underlying medical condition* that you would have got anyway ....? Be interested to know.

Dave
I have AF, put on a series of meds for it and was due to be averted in end December and apart from that I was in rude health, gentle exercising and been just fine up until now.

The doc reckoned the jab knocked my immune system for six and I picked up another bug which caused the throat infection and abscess. I have had bad sore throats before but nothing like this; at one time I had some 25 ulcers on my tongue and inside of my lips. I never get mouth ulcers.

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 December 2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12 December 2009, 07:30 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

And now the government infused nanobots, are flowing through your brain and making you do crazy things ??

Or does that happen a little later
Old 12 December 2009, 07:31 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

i had my first swine flu jab as soon as they came out , no side effects apart from a sore arm, i was called back for my swine flu booster jab on the 5th of December, and felt pretty ruff after along with a sore arm again, but nothing like what you have described.
Old 12 December 2009, 07:41 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

AF ?
Old 12 December 2009, 08:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
AF ?
Atrial fibrillation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was caused by being prescribed codeiene which we found out later i was allergic to, lungs filled with fluid and little oxygene getting into my blood and heart beating at up to 210bpm to get in enough air just to keep me upright. GP kept giving me stronger beta blockers and missing the lungs filling up with fluid, even though i went back to see them (in a right state) 4 times in 10 days. It threw my heart out and damaged it, fortunately the damage is repairing itself.

I have to say apart from a bad experience with the GP the Hospital was brilliant on the several occasions i have been in there, as has the out-patient care

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 December 2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 13 December 2009, 12:19 AM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

Atrial fibrillation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was caused by being prescribed codeiene which we found out later i was allergic to, lungs filled with fluid and little oxygene getting into my blood and heart beating at up to 210bpm to get in enough air just to keep me upright. GP kept giving me stronger beta blockers and missing the lungs filling up with fluid, even though i went back to see them (in a right state) 4 times in 10 days. It threw my heart out and damaged it, fortunately the damage is repairing itself.
**** that!

I wouldn't trust the government to tie my shoelaces, let alone come up with a cocktail of stuff to inject into me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it made your legs/fingers/******* fall off after a few years.
Old 13 December 2009, 12:28 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

To be honest I have no idea what to think of all this swine flu hype!
My daughter was diagnosed with swine flu and to be honest, the side effects from the tamiflu were a lot worse than what she was suffering before. Bearing in mind that she is 2 1/2, but that stuff is unnecessary and very bad for you,

My mother had COPD, and had the jab and it has really knocked her about.... whats the point?!
Old 13 December 2009, 02:00 AM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
And now the government infused nanobots, are flowing through your brain and making you do crazy things ??

Or does that happen a little later
You hit the nail on the head, labour will send out a command signal to the nanobots on election day...the only way they can win, lol.
Old 13 December 2009, 02:15 AM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Hi Paul, did the medical person at the hospital, say you caught this flu that is apparently going around?.The stuff they try to inject should be destroyed, that is lethal.
Old 13 December 2009, 03:27 AM
madscanman2
BANNED

Default flu jab x2

i have heart failure , and had flu jab , was fine untill the misses came back from work ill , care home worker , she had flu like symtoms witch i got soon after , i had all the sign s of the flu , fever , head aches , pains , but my temp was only 36.8 i was sweating loads breathing was bad , turned out i had a throat virus, got my pig jab on wed , they offer it to the old and weak 1 st , the people that hardly go out , the workers are more at risk i think , it s non sence , it was ment 2 kill every one lol , hope u recover ,
Old 13 December 2009, 08:12 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I have asthma and heart issues. I was offered both flu jabs and have turned them down. My spidey-sense tingles at the whole affair

Wifey, being a nurse, has to have it tho.

Hope you're better soon.

Dan
Old 13 December 2009, 08:27 AM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

Me and the wife had the swine flu jab and we both felt fine afterwards. I've also been getting the Influenza jab for the last 12 years and have never had any side effects from it either.
Getting it was an easy decision for us, my immediate family have used the same GP for over 25 years and we fully trust their judgement.
I suppose if you don't trust you're own GP you shouldn't be getting it at all, but then you have to ask, would you also turn down the NHS in the event of an emergency.
Old 13 December 2009, 11:13 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Last year was the first year I Went without the flu jab and I was lucky, I didnt get flu last year.
All the previous times I have felt a bit ill a week or so after having the jab but only cold symptoms.

I would recommend it if you are in a high risk group but for me I would just wing it from now on.
Old 13 December 2009, 11:15 AM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

my wife had it done last week due to working with kids who are vulnerable to viruses/flu,her arm looks like someones shot her with a paint ball.i have just had a letter calling me in for the jab,ive had the general flu vacination for several years without problems or hesitation but theres something about this one that makes me very wary about having it done.not sure why
Old 13 December 2009, 11:47 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I wish you had not said that now Paul,I am due for mine on Tuesday-what a worry. My immune system was doubtless knocked by the chemo, so will have to keep my fingers crossed.

Sorry you had such a bad time with it.

Les
Old 14 December 2009, 10:13 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell mate, glad your better!! Have to say I'd never have a flu jab.....
Old 14 December 2009, 10:19 AM
ChrisB

My misses has had suspected swine flu. Wiped her out for a weekend. Weirdly though, that weekend was the weekend we were decorating our bedroom and all she was capable of doing was hiding under a duvet on the sofa...
Old 14 December 2009, 12:54 PM
Frazzly
Scooby Regular

Its funny,

I got this after every one of my Hep B injections. Got the injection and r the next 7 days I was curled up in bed dying of a flu type thing.

Not ideal. Im certainly steering clear of the flu jab.
Old 14 December 2009, 01:10 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

is this the normal flue jab, or piggy flue?

i've always said i won't have the swine flue vacine
Old 15 December 2009, 01:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It was published that there is an additive to the vaccine which is designed to speed up its effect. It was this additive which was supposed to possibly cause problems with some people. They said it could even cause anaphylactic shock. Even some doctors agreed with all that. Maybe they have reduced the amount of the additive.

I have just had my Swine Flu jab so am keeping my fingers crossed.

Les
Old 15 December 2009, 07:33 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

i have heart failure

...and you are posting on here !!!

Respect fella

Quick Reply: Flu jab - i had it and oh boy did it make me illl!