Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

contract of sale- missing delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2018, 04:36 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts
Default contract of sale- missing delivery

i ordered an item off ebay and paid via paypal mid-week last week, i receive a text today whilst i was at work stating that my item has been left in my nominated safeplace and a card left through my door with the details on it, i thought this was strange as i have no nominated safeplace at my new house.

i got home and there is no parcel at my property,ive checked in my bins/behind the bins/under my other car/around the back yard etc etc.

i drop the seller on ebay a message explaining the issue and all i got was a reply stating i would have to contact royal mail, i kindly replied that my contract was with them and not with royal mail so i would leave it with them.

i got a reply stating that because it says left in a safeplace there was nothing they could do so i rang royal mail and they say to check at neighbours (already have and they havent go it) and that there was nothing they can do either.

so i have royal mail stating that there is nothing they can do, the seller stating there is nothing they can do...........so what can i do about it?

there is not much value in the item (less than £30) but its an item i need.

so much for customer service
Old 02 January 2018, 04:38 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

PAYPAL dispute.SJ.
Old 02 January 2018, 04:40 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

iv had packages left with neighbours 3 doors down , the other side road - who are rarely in...
Old 02 January 2018, 04:45 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
PAYPAL dispute.SJ.
i fear that because it states the item was delivered to a safeplace that paypal would reject it
Old 02 January 2018, 04:47 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
iv had packages left with neighbours 3 doors down , the other side road - who are rarely in...
its a ****ing nightmare here as its a new estate im living on with houses still being built, we have a clearly visible number on our house so i cant see the issue but even if they had given it to a neighbour they have left no card at all.

Old 02 January 2018, 04:57 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

If you haven’t signed for it get on eBay and put an item not received dispute on giving him 5days or so to resolve if he’s not sorted it eBay will step in and pay your m9ney back

You paid postage so it’s his responsibility to sort not yours and if Royal Mail have left you such note it does not mean squat as you have not received the item in hand or agreed to any such agreement with the buyer or courier company being used by the seller
The seller must obtain proof of item being delivered not left elsewhere you have paid postage so it lands in your possession not a safe place which you have no5 agreed to ..

Just my 20ps worth
Old 02 January 2018, 05:03 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ZANY
If you haven’t signed for it get on eBay and put an item not received dispute on giving him 5days or so to resolve if he’s not sorted it eBay will step in and pay your m9ney back

You paid postage so it’s his responsibility to sort not yours and if Royal Mail have left you such note it does not mean squat as you have not received the item in hand or agreed to any such agreement with the buyer or courier company being used by the seller
The seller must obtain proof of item being delivered not left elsewhere you have paid postage so it lands in your possession not a safe place which you have no5 agreed to ..

Just my 20ps worth
i expect royal mail to be unhelpful but was surprised at the response from the seller, i have used them many times on their website and their ebay shop

Trending Topics

Old 02 January 2018, 06:40 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

If you have a regular postie, try talking to him to see if he remembers where it went.

It is a difficult situation - Ebay/paypal/royal mail will consider it delivered
Old 02 January 2018, 09:26 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with Zany on this one - you don't need to prove anything, the courier need to prove they delivered it to you or your address, and they need to prove that to the seller. Quote distance selling regulations at the seller - he needs to ensure delivery of your item to you within 30 days.

I had something similar with a chainsaw of all things a few years ago.
Old 02 January 2018, 09:44 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Just having the same type of issue with another Ebayer, they use some tracked via royal mail postage, but no sig required, they claim it is here, but if it was why the hell am I asking where it is, going in circles atm.
Old 02 January 2018, 09:46 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig
Just having the same type of issue with another Ebayer, they use some tracked via royal mail postage, but no sig required, they claim it is here, but if it was why the hell am I asking where it is, going in circles atm.
Mine was tracked 48 not that it makes the blindest bit of difference.

Gonna give the seller 1 more day then I will open a dispute
Old 02 January 2018, 09:57 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the shreksta
Mine was tracked 48 not that it makes the blindest bit of difference.

Gonna give the seller 1 more day then I will open a dispute
that`s the one, Tracked 48 hour, no signature.
how is that proof it has arrived, its a free picking list for a iffy postie.
Old 02 January 2018, 10:24 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I would contact eBay and instigate a dispute.
Old 03 January 2018, 10:28 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

I got my refund this morning.
Old 03 January 2018, 10:58 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

i fear that because it states the item was delivered to a safeplace that paypal would reject it
Don't mean ****, every eBay item needs a signature to comply with rules, that's eBay's procedure.
Safe place will be favoured on your side with PayPal.
It will teach the seller to pay extra for signature postage.
Old 03 January 2018, 11:05 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

dont matter whos sig though

?

had an ebay before xmas , neighbour must signed

- she kindly brought it round saying delivery could be bothered bring it to me

Last edited by dpb; 03 January 2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06 January 2018, 09:55 AM
albob
Scooby Regular

Shreksta -- have you had a result on this ??
Old 06 January 2018, 11:24 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by albob
Shreksta -- have you had a result on this ??
sorry i forgot to update it

yeah i went to the local sorting office and he took my number as he was going to speak with the postie, he rang me the next day and said that the postie had left it......................in my ****ing brown gas box at the front of my property and that he forgot to leave a card

****ing idiot

im still leaving bad feedback for the seller as i dont feel i should be the one wasting my time ringing royal mail and taking a trip into town to see them either.

Old 06 January 2018, 02:39 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem last month (as a seller..) - and postie had done a similar thing (signed the form himself and left parcel with a neighbour, but didn't leave a card....).

" im still leaving bad feedback for the seller.." -- Hardly the sellers fault tho' - not his fault the Postie is incompetent...
Old 06 January 2018, 07:08 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by albob
I had the same problem last month (as a seller..) - and postie had done a similar thing (signed the form himself and left parcel with a neighbour, but didn't leave a card....).

" im still leaving bad feedback for the seller.." -- Hardly the sellers fault tho' - not his fault the Postie is incompetent...
i agree BUT the seller had no intentions of helping me out, i could tell by there messages they had pretty much washed their hands of me.......
Old 07 January 2018, 01:26 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fawor
You wish, ebay will do nothing
i declined empty letter-should be iphone and 500quid out of pocket-did picture with postman and letter in his hands
i called paypal and they did refund me at the end

With your fackin grammer skills you make me look a genius you clown good to hear you got reimbursed tho and your wishcame true
Old 07 January 2018, 01:29 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

yeah i went to the local sorting office and he took my number as he was going to speak with the postie, he rang me the next day and said that the postie had left it......................in my ****ing brown gas box at the front of my property and that he forgot to leave a card

Facking idiot

im still leaving bad feedback for the seller as i dont feel i should be the one wasting my time ringing royal mail and taking a trip into town to see them either.

Nice to know your sorted now pal
you do what makes you feel right leave the Kant bad feed back for poor communications
Old 07 January 2018, 02:08 PM
Fishbowlhead
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****ing idiot

Is the seller supposed to be psychic or something and somehow know where every individual postie decides to leave something/or not, at someone's house?

Or is the seller supposed to drive down to your local post office and speak to that specific post man about that specific item?

Leaving bad feedback on the seller for something a postie did then forgot about is bloody out of order quite frankly.
Old 07 January 2018, 03:27 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fishbowlhead
Is the seller supposed to be psychic or something and somehow know where every individual postie decides to leave something/or not, at someone's house?

Or is the seller supposed to drive down to your local post office and speak to that specific post man about that specific item?

Leaving bad feedback on the seller for something a postie did then forgot about is bloody out of order quite frankly.
I'm leaving bad feedback due to the lack of them even trying to help me out in the slightest.

I'm sure you would do the same if you ordered something that didn't turn up and the seller never bothered to help you.
Old 07 January 2018, 05:15 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishbowlhead

Read the thread regarding sellers customer service skills
Old 08 January 2018, 07:12 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Moving forward put on your PayPal account in the message to seller & where you fill out your delivery address I always this: Do not leave in bin cupboard.

I’m always in and my mail man knows what to do but if couriers ignore this (which is normally default printed on the ebay label) and a parcel does missing then hopefully I’m more covered then not having this.

Last edited by RobsyUK; 08 January 2018 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02 February 2018, 04:52 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-42918331

A postman who stole dozens of greetings cards and other items he thought may contain money has been given a community sentence.

Paul Heaney was caught when suspicious managers put two fake birthday cards into the system in the delivery office in Dundee where he worked.

Heaney, 38, pled guilty by letter to three charges of theft and one under the Postal Services Act 2000.

He was ordered to complete 200 hours of unpaid work.

Heaney was also placed on a restriction of liberty order confining him to his home from 19:00 to 07:00 for four months.

Dundee Sheriff Court was told 89 stolen items were discovered in Heaney's garden shed and additional stolen items were found in his house.

Depute fiscal Joanne Smith said postal staff launched an investigation in 2016 after receiving a tip-off.