Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What wet and dry vacuum to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2017, 08:27 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wet and dry vacuum to buy?

Looking for a decent but not extortionate wet / dry vacuum. Will be used mainly to valet vehicles.

What do you guys recommend? Also open to portable ones if there are any decent ones about?

Cheers.
Old 21 January 2017, 12:15 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

You really can't fault Vax where carpet or upholstery shampooing is concerned (especially now that prices are so much keener thanks to online shopping), but I couldn't tell you which model in their range would be best suited to car interiors.
Old 21 January 2017, 12:32 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the Henry range do wet and dry vac, having had a normal Henry for about 10yrs now without issue, that's where my money would go, but do some research as there are different variations in the motors used, forget which one is the one to have, but I'm sure google will help you with that.

Had Dyson and Vax, both dead, dyson in particular was $h!t, would never have another, Vax was marginally better but had a habit of p!ssing water everywhere and not quite so good at picking it up again once it had, so not ideal with a car.

Steamers work well on car upholstery.
Old 21 January 2017, 04:57 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've just bought a vax 6131t. Mate had one and was very impressed with it. Used our own cleaning solution of a mix of g101 and autoglym interior cleaner.

Doesn't look the nicest but was certainly effective

It should arrive with me next week so I'll give some feedback. I work as a detailer/valeted for a bodyshop so get a lot of minging interiors
Old 23 January 2017, 12:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Vax 6131T.
And get the cloth bag kit, which is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...h+bag&_sacat=0, which saves a bomb on paper bags when dry vacuuming.
Old 23 January 2017, 02:59 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I think the Henry range do wet and dry vac, having had a normal Henry for about 10yrs now without issue, that's where my money would go, but do some research as there are different variations in the motors used, forget which one is the one to have, but I'm sure google will help you with that.

Had Dyson and Vax, both dead, dyson in particular was $h!t, would never have another, Vax was marginally better but had a habit of p!ssing water everywhere and not quite so good at picking it up again once it had, so not ideal with a car.

Steamers work well on car upholstery.
I've got one of them green coloured Henry things still packed up, I bought it from machine mart to vale some stained seats but ended up putting another interior in and 3years later still packed up not used so hope it's a good one
Old 23 January 2017, 03:53 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine is red and black, not a wet and dry though, been spot on for over 10yrs, like I said though there was a thread on here a year or so ago about hoovers and the motors were mentioned, some being industrial quality and others not, so I guess it depends which one you get.
Old 25 January 2017, 10:27 PM
quattroowner
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got my vax 6131 today. Very impressed. Perfect for vehicles.. did the works van seats and door cards. Came up like new. Also done the living room carpet and such a massive difference. Doesn't work so well when you go quicker like using a normal vacuum but doing it slowly on 2 meter squared areas and it's amazing

I'll be doing the scoob, astra , golf and fiesta van in next few weeks . Will be doing before and afters.

Only thing I found is the cleaning solution isn't that good. Used g101 and concentrated stain remover. Much better
Old 26 January 2017, 07:54 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

With carpet cleaning and sucking up the shampoo after the first pass (second pass). Go as slow as possible. The slower the better. Gives chance for the cleaner to suck the crap out that's deep in the pile.

In short 1st pass (wetting) = quick. 2nd pass (drying) = slow

Can't comment on best cleaners now as they all have low wattage motors and all my stuff is old school cleaners 1000watt plus stuff

What I can say is the Karcher Puzzi is a piece of flakey, temperamental, fragile, asthmatic, overpriced piece of junk!

As for shampoo...try some "Rug Doctor" it's good value for money, concentrated, works well and works in any wet Carpet cleaner.

Last edited by ALi-B; 26 January 2017 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Ducking autocorrect
Old 10 February 2017, 03:22 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick update: going on folks recommendations on this forum and others, it seems that the 3161t is hard to beat for the value, so I bought one. cheers for the help guys.
Old 10 February 2017, 03:50 PM
jonnyboy82
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread need some 'before' and 'after' pics!
Old 15 February 2017, 12:36 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a Bissell SpotClean for cleaning the interiors of our cars and small areas of upholstery in the house.

Here is a picture of the dirt pulled out of a set of bugeye seats I bought from a breaker before installing them :