Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Supercar experience recommendations.

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2016, 03:45 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercar experience recommendations.

Hey folks,

Tis my birthday in a few weeks and I'm looking at doing a supercar experience, however, I want a good one. Not too fussed about the budget, but it's gotta be worth it. I've heard so many stories about these places not letting you take the cars over 3000rpm, only getting one or two laps etc, which is not what I want at all.

I've no doubt many of you have done them so which do you recommend and which should I stay clear of. I'd like to drive a GTR and Atom preferably, but would be cool with the usual lambo's / ferarris etc. Also, location must be South East (Ish) but would be willing to travel 100 miles or so for a good one!

Also, any other recommendations on driving experiences, doesn't HAVE to be supercars.

Cheers guys.
Old 10 January 2016, 03:57 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

not affiliated in any way:

http://www.dreamcarhire.com/
Old 10 January 2016, 05:18 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

http://www.palmersport.com

Not affiliated either, but know someone who was lucky enough to get taken there by their work, and said it was top-notch (lots of flat-out wheel time, and very track-focused cars). The place gets booked-up months in advance though, so start planning soon if you like the look of it.
Old 10 January 2016, 07:03 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

You could book a Silverstone day experience. I have done 3 through corporate events, but 9 know you can book yourself. It's a good day with various vehicles to drive hard on the full circuit. I have driven in the past
Ferrari 430
Aston vantage
Audi tt rs
Audi R8 v8
Audi R8 v10
Nissan gtr
Lotus exige
Clio cup 172
Single seater formula ford racing car
Land rover off road
Ford fiesta rally car
Lotus 7 auto test car- auto test

You get a ride out with a pro who will **** you up.

The Co pilots are excellent and will enable you to push above your normal limits.

How many times can you blast in some prestigious cars in relative safety

I think this is the one I went on

http://www.silverstone.co.uk/experie...one-challenge/
Old 10 January 2016, 10:10 PM
beef-on-the-bone
Scooby Regular

my wife got me one for my 30th (few yearsago) went to to shakespeare county raceway, think she bought it from buyagift.com(?)

was reasonable as well, think it cost about 80/90 quid, i chose a 911 turbo, aston vantage, 430 and a gallardo

probably got 12/15 mins in each, absolutely wrung their necks! there was a bypass on the track so there was a long straight to get up some speed, the co driver didn't mind if you got a little side on on some corners, he was always instructing on throttle/brakes

i had a blast, but maybe i was lucky....
Old 21 January 2016, 04:18 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Don't bother with silverstone, I did one there and it was awful, hardly any laps, instructor wanted to go slow steering wheel on wrong side generally annoying and a complete waste of time.
Old 21 January 2016, 05:30 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Don't bother with silverstone, I did one there and it was awful, hardly any laps, instructor wanted to go slow steering wheel on wrong side generally annoying and a complete waste of time.
I dont doubt experience, but was this the full day with corporate hospitality? About £1000 per head iirc

Trending Topics

Old 21 January 2016, 05:51 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I can recommend Thruxton. Cars in great condition, let you use full revs, fast circuit. If you want to get a decent number of laps in then throw in something cheaper like the Exige S.

I had 3 passenger laps with Tiff Needell in an M3 which was a good laugh and spent a lot of time sideways.
Old 22 January 2016, 09:15 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by markjmd
http://www.palmersport.com

Not affiliated either, but know someone who was lucky enough to get taken there by their work, and said it was top-notch (lots of flat-out wheel time, and very track-focused cars). The place gets booked-up months in advance though, so start planning soon if you like the look of it.
This. It's a cracking day out, made all the better if you win various events and get driver of the day or whatever it's called and all the sad cun%s who turned up in Sparco gear have faces like slapped *****.

By far the best drive was in the single seat cars, which if you ring up, they might let you just book to have sessions in if your not fussed about driving the other stuff. It's not cheap £800+VAT? but personally I think you'd be wasting your money on one of £70-80 efforts where you get to have 2-3 laps in 2-3 cars and leave feeling like you've just been mugged.
Old 22 January 2016, 11:30 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

I've had one of these experiences, and was a abit disappointed, your best bet is to search on youtube of in car footage, this will give you an idea of how certain places are. Think i posted a thread on this a while go.