Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

For The Calorifically Challenged.

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2015, 01:32 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default For The Calorifically Challenged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34969424
Discuss.
Old 01 December 2015, 01:44 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haters will hate.
The end.
Old 01 December 2015, 03:24 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Haters will hate.
The end.
Eaters will eat.

Until the end!
Old 01 December 2015, 03:27 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i understand the sentiment of the messgae but ott in my view
Old 01 December 2015, 04:06 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

As above.

Same with smokers, drunks, druggies. Get a life.

But it's not MY business to make them!
Old 01 December 2015, 04:25 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

One fatty typed:

io asm, nmopty fgasty.

Which was thought to mean i am not fat, maybe he just has rather large fingers.....
Old 01 December 2015, 04:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

"We also object that the beautiful pig is used as an insult".

This begs a question. Would you call a beautiful pig fat? If you do, then you aren't exactly insulting fat people by calling them fat. You are, by slating their actions of overeating etc.

In all seriousness, what a terrible tactic by some awful people to put overweight people down, but it may work; in order to transform them into healthier human beings. I think Government needs to keep thinking of bombing Syria or what, instead of getting involved with this one. Selective muting may prevent some lives.

Please don't say- "What if the fat people use selective deafness to this slating?" Well, if they do, there's no hope for that organisation that hates fat people.

Another question. Would you call a fat pig beautiful? If yes, then you're prejudiced again fat humans, but not fat pigs. Being 'fat' isn't the issue, the issue is who that 'fat' being is. In addition, to my understanding, all pigs are fat. I haven't seen a single pig that had a body of Kate Moss.
Old 01 December 2015, 05:02 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
This begs a question. Would you call a beautiful pig fat?
o yes, more bacon on it,,,,,,,

Old 01 December 2015, 05:26 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
o yes, more bacon on it,,,,,,,

I don't quite get that. It must be deeply meaningful.

Anyway, I've thought more on the issue. I don't think that that organisation hates fat people as people 'people', really. It hates people that self-inflict fatness. If those fat people become thin, that org won't slag them off. So, the hatred is towards the fatness, not towards the one underneath that fat. Fatness isn't a being in most cases, it's a becoming. So, if you can undo that becoming and become slim instead, that org will love you.

However, they shouldn't find fat pigs beautiful in comparison. One rule for pig and another one for a human? That's blatant double standards.
Old 01 December 2015, 06:18 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

They aren't registerd on companies house or filed any tax returns...
Old 01 December 2015, 06:24 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
They aren't registerd on companies house or filed any tax returns...
That's because the fat ******* are still in McDonald's
Old 01 December 2015, 09:05 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I don't quite get that. It must be deeply meaningful.

Anyway, I've thought more on the issue. I don't think that that organisation hates fat people as people 'people', really. It hates people that self-inflict fatness. If those fat people become thin, that org won't slag them off. So, the hatred is towards the fatness, not towards the one underneath that fat. Fatness isn't a being in most cases, it's a becoming. So, if you can undo that becoming and become slim instead, that org will love you.

However, they shouldn't find fat pigs beautiful in comparison. One rule for pig and another one for a human? That's blatant double standards.
Don't see many force fed fat people? Or fatties snatching bags and doing a runner to feed their needs?

Just think of the millions of pounds the NHS could direct to better causes.

But sadly society is making fat, sorry large or BBW's fashionable.
Old 01 December 2015, 09:35 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Don't see many force fed fat people? Or fatties snatching bags and doing a runner to feed their needs?
I never said anything like that. By self-inflicted ones I'm meaning the ones that get unhealthily fat by their own choice. This choice or obsession/compulsion with eating may sometimes have some grave underlying psychological reasons, mind. But then resorting to excessive food intake and collecting excessive body fat would only make such issues worse than better.

Going back to what you question, a lot of skeletal anorexics are force-fed and they see themselves as fat due to it. There're food obsessed people that'd kill for more n' more food, never mind steal.

Just think of the millions of pounds the NHS could direct to better causes.
Sure. That's why I wish in my first post for the Government not to defend obesity.

But sadly society is making fat, sorry large or BBW's fashionable.
I'm not sure about that. Excessively fat people and excessively thin people look as bad. There's nothing fashionable about it. Sadly, glamorous industries and media glorify anaemic looking stick insects. Have you seen Cheryl Vermicilli from XFactor lately on TV? She looks punctured and malnourished than ever! I do believe that despite that, most of you would like to 'give her one'. Torches for porches etc.
Old 01 December 2015, 09:36 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wheres that then ?

to mr trooper
Old 01 December 2015, 09:46 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by dpb
Wheres that then ?

to mr trooper
Where's what?
Old 01 December 2015, 10:07 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

As already stated by earlier posters, this might actually work in a few cases to spur the individual concerned into doing something about their weight. For the majority though it's more likely to have no effect at all, other than further diminish their self-esteem and probably put off the day they decide to seek help to do what they obviously can't do by themselves.

At the end of the day it's just a rather childish way of picking on an easy target - much easier to spot a fat person on the train than a benefit cheat, tax avoider, habitual drink-driver, or whatever.
Old 01 December 2015, 10:18 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by markjmd
As already stated by earlier posters, this might actually work in a few cases to spur the individual concerned into doing something about their weight. For the majority though it's more likely to have no effect at all, other than further diminish their self-esteem and probably put off the day they decide to seek help to do what they obviously can't do by themselves.

At the end of the day it's just a rather childish way of picking on an easy target - much easier to spot a fat person on the train than a benefit cheat, tax avoider, habitual drink-driver, or whatever.

In the eyes of the Human Rights law being fat is not a protected characteristic, making the fat and obese a fair target.
Old 01 December 2015, 10:44 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

In the eyes of the Human Rights law being fat is not a protected characteristic, making the fat and obese a fair target.
Whether or not it's legitimate to criticize the obese for their eating habits and/or unwillingness to exercise is completely beside the point. What's at issue here is the method employed to do so, which in this particular case is downright childish.
Old 01 December 2015, 11:04 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Law or not, why should anyone be 'a fair target' due to their appearance?

Before anyone jumps in with any health/cost arguments, this fat shaming, isn't even necessarily targeting the morbidly obese, who are perhaps more likely to have health problems, it is totally open to interpretation, as to who falls into the fat/overweight category. People could be getting handed these cards, who may be a bit above the recommended size, that are never the less, perfectly healthy. In which case, the cards are nothing to do with promoting a healthy lifestyle, just a way of being unkind towards a stranger the card giver knows absolutely nothing about.

While I'm on, overweight and ugly don't necessarily go hand in hand either. Again, beauty is a matter of individual opinion. Just because someone may be larger, doesn't automatically make them ugly in all respects, as much as being thin/slim doesn't automatically equal beautiful.

All that aside, one comment made after that article, may hopefully make some supporters of this kind of thing think,

Maybe the people getting these cards should just say "Bully" and walk off.
My cousin became obese with a very round face after cancer treatment ( it included steroids, I think). She actually ate less than before the treatment, due to feeling unwell. It would have devastated her to be handed one of these cards in the months before she died.

Fact is, it seems to be human nature to make judgements about people based upon first appearances, fair enough, but perhaps people shouldn't be too quick to act on them, as they know nothing about a person's circumstances.
Old 02 December 2015, 10:03 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
...perhaps people shouldn't be too quick to act on them, as they know nothing about a person's circumstances.
Q.E.D.

The End.
Old 02 December 2015, 03:57 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Law or not, why should anyone be 'a fair target' due to their appearance?

Before anyone jumps in with any health/cost arguments, this fat shaming, isn't even necessarily targeting the morbidly obese, who are perhaps more likely to have health problems, it is totally open to interpretation, as to who falls into the fat/overweight category. People could be getting handed these cards, who may be a bit above the recommended size, that are never the less, perfectly healthy. In which case, the cards are nothing to do with promoting a healthy lifestyle, just a way of being unkind towards a stranger the card giver knows absolutely nothing about.

While I'm on, overweight and ugly don't necessarily go hand in hand either. Again, beauty is a matter of individual opinion. Just because someone may be larger, doesn't automatically make them ugly in all respects, as much as being thin/slim doesn't automatically equal beautiful.

All that aside, one comment made after that article, may hopefully make some supporters of this kind of thing think,

Maybe the people getting these cards should just say "Bully" and walk off.
My cousin became obese with a very round face after cancer treatment ( it included steroids, I think). She actually ate less than before the treatment, due to feeling unwell. It would have devastated her to be handed one of these cards in the months before she died.

Fact is, it seems to be human nature to make judgements about people based upon first appearances, fair enough, but perhaps people shouldn't be too quick to act on them, as they know nothing about a person's circumstances.
They eat too much.