Old 21 September 2008, 07:20 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question URL check please?

Can someone check whether the following two URLs work - they fail for me

www.powershift.org.uk
www.cleanup.org.uk

They are both given as definitive sources as to whether you have to pay the London Congestion Charge, and if they fail then it shows what a pathetic bunch Transport for London are!!!

Thanks in advance,

mb
Old 21 September 2008, 07:24 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

both work, second link is a pikey search site so ignore it
Old 21 September 2008, 07:55 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

That's strange - i get a 404 error on the first one, after a re-direct to http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/fleet/funding/lcc/

But yes, the second one has been stolen by the Internet pikeys

Isn't it nice to know that those quangos and self-proclaimed "green" organisations can't even maintain a web-presence properly

Meanwhile, TfL threaten to prosecute those who fail to abide by non-existent criteria

mb
Old 21 September 2008, 11:51 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

404 error on powershift here.
Old 22 September 2008, 09:25 AM
wagrain
Scooby Regular

another 404 here too! Muppets!
Old 22 September 2008, 11:19 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Well i sent an e-mail to cclondon last night, pointing out that their links to critical information about emission levels were broken, and received the following pathetic reply:

Originally Posted by customerservices@cclondon.com
Thanks for your enquiry received on the 21st September 2008, about the Alternative Fuel Discount guidance notes.

We always aim to give the very best Customer Service possible.

We also work hard to listen to any suggestions our customers make for how we can improve the Congestion Charging Scheme, or the level of service we provide.

Your suggestion is important to us and it may be taken into consideration when changes are made to the Scheme in the future.

If you have any questions, please call us on 0845 900 1234, (or Textphone 0207 649 9123 if you have impaired hearing), or contact us via our website Congestion Charging | Transport for London.
But they are NOT giving the "very best Customer Service possible", they haven't listened to my suggestion (otherwise they wouldn't have sent me a pro forma letter) thus won't be able to improve things, they don't understand the concept of a "suggestion" as being important and certainly don't consider it a high priority and the contact details on their web-site allow phone, postal or a formal complaint to be made - there is no way to send an electronic query!!!

I'll give them a few days to actually get their finger out, then i will be using their formal complaint mechanism anyway

mb
p.s. And i'll not be paying them 4p per minute on the phone to point out their mistake!