ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   For The Calorifically Challenged. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1032482-for-the-calorifically-challenged.html)

The Trooper 1815 01 December 2015 01:32 PM

For The Calorifically Challenged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-34969424
Discuss.

Blue by You 01 December 2015 01:44 PM

Haters will hate.
The end.

The Trooper 1815 01 December 2015 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 11767131)
Haters will hate.
The end.

Eaters will eat.

Until the end!

Tidgy 01 December 2015 03:27 PM

i understand the sentiment of the messgae but ott in my view

alcazar 01 December 2015 04:06 PM

As above.

Same with smokers, drunks, druggies. Get a life.

But it's not MY business to make them!

PaulC72 01 December 2015 04:25 PM

One fatty typed:

io asm, nmopty fgasty.

Which was thought to mean i am not fat, maybe he just has rather large fingers.....

Turbohot 01 December 2015 04:40 PM

"We also object that the beautiful pig is used as an insult".

This begs a question. Would you call a beautiful pig fat? If you do, then you aren't exactly insulting fat people by calling them fat. You are, by slating their actions of overeating etc.

In all seriousness, what a terrible tactic by some awful people to put overweight people down, but it may work; in order to transform them into healthier human beings. I think Government needs to keep thinking of bombing Syria or what, instead of getting involved with this one. Selective muting may prevent some lives.

Please don't say- "What if the fat people use selective deafness to this slating?" Well, if they do, there's no hope for that organisation that hates fat people.

Another question. Would you call a fat pig beautiful? If yes, then you're prejudiced again fat humans, but not fat pigs. Being 'fat' isn't the issue, the issue is who that 'fat' being is. In addition, to my understanding, all pigs are fat. I haven't seen a single pig that had a body of Kate Moss.

Tidgy 01 December 2015 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11767206)
This begs a question. Would you call a beautiful pig fat?

o yes, more bacon on it,,,,,,,

:norty::norty::norty::norty: :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Turbohot 01 December 2015 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tidgy (Post 11767216)
o yes, more bacon on it,,,,,,,

:norty::norty::norty::norty: :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

I don't quite get that. :wonder: It must be deeply meaningful. ;) :D

Anyway, I've thought more on the issue. I don't think that that organisation hates fat people as people 'people', really. It hates people that self-inflict fatness. If those fat people become thin, that org won't slag them off. So, the hatred is towards the fatness, not towards the one underneath that fat. Fatness isn't a being in most cases, it's a becoming. So, if you can undo that becoming and become slim instead, that org will love you.

However, they shouldn't find fat pigs beautiful in comparison. One rule for pig and another one for a human? That's blatant double standards. :mad:

ALi-B 01 December 2015 06:18 PM

They aren't registerd on companies house or filed any tax returns...

donny andi 01 December 2015 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 11767247)
They aren't registerd on companies house or filed any tax returns...

That's because the fat fcukers are still in McDonald's

The Trooper 1815 01 December 2015 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11767227)
I don't quite get that. :wonder: It must be deeply meaningful. ;) :D

Anyway, I've thought more on the issue. I don't think that that organisation hates fat people as people 'people', really. It hates people that self-inflict fatness. If those fat people become thin, that org won't slag them off. So, the hatred is towards the fatness, not towards the one underneath that fat. Fatness isn't a being in most cases, it's a becoming. So, if you can undo that becoming and become slim instead, that org will love you.

However, they shouldn't find fat pigs beautiful in comparison. One rule for pig and another one for a human? That's blatant double standards. :mad:

Don't see many force fed fat people? Or fatties snatching bags and doing a runner to feed their needs?

Just think of the millions of pounds the NHS could direct to better causes.

But sadly society is making fat, sorry large or BBW's fashionable.

Turbohot 01 December 2015 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11767307)
Don't see many force fed fat people? Or fatties snatching bags and doing a runner to feed their needs?

I never said anything like that. By self-inflicted ones I'm meaning the ones that get unhealthily fat by their own choice. This choice or obsession/compulsion with eating may sometimes have some grave underlying psychological reasons, mind. But then resorting to excessive food intake and collecting excessive body fat would only make such issues worse than better.

Going back to what you question, a lot of skeletal anorexics are force-fed and they see themselves as fat due to it. There're food obsessed people that'd kill for more n' more food, never mind steal.

Just think of the millions of pounds the NHS could direct to better causes.
Sure. That's why I wish in my first post for the Government not to defend obesity.

But sadly society is making fat, sorry large or BBW's fashionable.
I'm not sure about that. Excessively fat people and excessively thin people look as bad. There's nothing fashionable about it. Sadly, glamorous industries and media glorify anaemic looking stick insects. Have you seen Cheryl Vermicilli from XFactor lately on TV? She looks punctured and malnourished than ever! I do believe that despite that, most of you would like to 'give her one'. Torches for porches etc.

dpb 01 December 2015 09:36 PM

Wheres that then ?

to mr trooper

The Trooper 1815 01 December 2015 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 11767314)
Wheres that then ?

to mr trooper

Where's what?

markjmd 01 December 2015 10:07 PM

As already stated by earlier posters, this might actually work in a few cases to spur the individual concerned into doing something about their weight. For the majority though it's more likely to have no effect at all, other than further diminish their self-esteem and probably put off the day they decide to seek help to do what they obviously can't do by themselves.

At the end of the day it's just a rather childish way of picking on an easy target - much easier to spot a fat person on the train than a benefit cheat, tax avoider, habitual drink-driver, or whatever.

The Trooper 1815 01 December 2015 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by markjmd (Post 11767324)
As already stated by earlier posters, this might actually work in a few cases to spur the individual concerned into doing something about their weight. For the majority though it's more likely to have no effect at all, other than further diminish their self-esteem and probably put off the day they decide to seek help to do what they obviously can't do by themselves.

At the end of the day it's just a rather childish way of picking on an easy target - much easier to spot a fat person on the train than a benefit cheat, tax avoider, habitual drink-driver, or whatever.

In the eyes of the Human Rights law being fat is not a protected characteristic, making the fat and obese a fair target.

markjmd 01 December 2015 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11767326)
In the eyes of the Human Rights law being fat is not a protected characteristic, making the fat and obese a fair target.

Whether or not it's legitimate to criticize the obese for their eating habits and/or unwillingness to exercise is completely beside the point. What's at issue here is the method employed to do so, which in this particular case is downright childish.

Lisawrx 01 December 2015 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 11767326)

Law or not, why should anyone be 'a fair target' due to their appearance?

Before anyone jumps in with any health/cost arguments, this fat shaming, isn't even necessarily targeting the morbidly obese, who are perhaps more likely to have health problems, it is totally open to interpretation, as to who falls into the fat/overweight category. People could be getting handed these cards, who may be a bit above the recommended size, that are never the less, perfectly healthy. In which case, the cards are nothing to do with promoting a healthy lifestyle, just a way of being unkind towards a stranger the card giver knows absolutely nothing about.

While I'm on, overweight and ugly don't necessarily go hand in hand either. Again, beauty is a matter of individual opinion. Just because someone may be larger, doesn't automatically make them ugly in all respects, as much as being thin/slim doesn't automatically equal beautiful.

All that aside, one comment made after that article, may hopefully make some supporters of this kind of thing think,

Maybe the people getting these cards should just say "Bully" and walk off.
My cousin became obese with a very round face after cancer treatment ( it included steroids, I think). She actually ate less than before the treatment, due to feeling unwell. It would have devastated her to be handed one of these cards in the months before she died.

Fact is, it seems to be human nature to make judgements about people based upon first appearances, fair enough, but perhaps people shouldn't be too quick to act on them, as they know nothing about a person's circumstances.

joz8968 02 December 2015 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 11767339)
...perhaps people shouldn't be too quick to act on them, as they know nothing about a person's circumstances.

Q.E.D.

The End.

The Trooper 1815 02 December 2015 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 11767339)
Law or not, why should anyone be 'a fair target' due to their appearance?

Before anyone jumps in with any health/cost arguments, this fat shaming, isn't even necessarily targeting the morbidly obese, who are perhaps more likely to have health problems, it is totally open to interpretation, as to who falls into the fat/overweight category. People could be getting handed these cards, who may be a bit above the recommended size, that are never the less, perfectly healthy. In which case, the cards are nothing to do with promoting a healthy lifestyle, just a way of being unkind towards a stranger the card giver knows absolutely nothing about.

While I'm on, overweight and ugly don't necessarily go hand in hand either. Again, beauty is a matter of individual opinion. Just because someone may be larger, doesn't automatically make them ugly in all respects, as much as being thin/slim doesn't automatically equal beautiful.

All that aside, one comment made after that article, may hopefully make some supporters of this kind of thing think,

Maybe the people getting these cards should just say "Bully" and walk off.
My cousin became obese with a very round face after cancer treatment ( it included steroids, I think). She actually ate less than before the treatment, due to feeling unwell. It would have devastated her to be handed one of these cards in the months before she died.

Fact is, it seems to be human nature to make judgements about people based upon first appearances, fair enough, but perhaps people shouldn't be too quick to act on them, as they know nothing about a person's circumstances.

They eat too much.