Ukmail

Search this Thread

Old 29 August 2015, 11:29 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ukmail

And other couriers

Are they actually obliged to leave a note, if you are out upon attempted delivery/collection.?
Old 29 August 2015, 12:59 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if they're obliged to leave a note in the absence of the receiver, but I think they should be; as good practice. Otherwise, how do you know they've been?

If they didn't, then ask them to re-deliver. Now are they obliged to re-deliver if they failed once, as you weren't around? I don't know, but they should. Definitely, if their foreign driver missed out on leaving you a note.

I say foreign driver, because I had one at my door step not long ago, insisting to leave someone's parcel on me. He thought the actual 'absent from home at the time of delivery' receiver lived 5 houses away from me. I read the post code and the village name and explained that the expecting body lived 5 miles away from me, not 5 houses ffs! I have nothing against foreign recruitment, but they can make a bodge, I know.
Old 29 August 2015, 02:14 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

5 miles ! .....

i dont mind re deliver at all . What i dont want is them to lie about nobody being here ( cos we have) and pretend theyve left a note ( cos they havnt)

And then be forced to pick up at depot , 25 miles away
Old 29 August 2015, 03:19 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
5 miles ! .....

i dont mind re deliver at all . What i dont want is them to lie about nobody being here ( cos we have) and pretend theyve left a note ( cos they havnt)

And then be forced to pick up at depot , 25 miles away
I totally understand. You should insist that you guys were home, not out, and therefore they need to re-deliver. You shouldn't have to do 50 miles round trip for the service they're already paid for.

Tbh, even if you weren't in, they should be leaving a note to say that they've been. If no note hasn't been left/found by you, they should re-deliver. Ok, some customer may pull a fast one, but I don't think you do. So, I suppose they will re-deliver if they're a reputed, customer caring company.

By the way, how do you know that they've been and didn't deliver, if you didn't get the note? Did yo u know the exact delivery date, and/or did they call you to inform that you missed the delivery?

It happened to me, too. They actually did leave a note, but didn't bother knocking/ringing my door bell. When I called them, they said they could re-deliver, but any time after 3 days. I did go and picked my parcel as I needed the good earlier than the day they could re-deliver. Fortunately they were only 8-9 miles from me.
Old 29 August 2015, 03:55 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

was told between 8-6 yesterday , by supplier , not deliverers ....

nothing yet today either
Old 29 August 2015, 06:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
was told between 8-6 yesterday , by supplier , not deliverers ....

nothing yet today either
Sure, it is usually the supplier who specifies the date of the delivery, at least. If in any doubt whether it was despatched or not, you can ask supplier for the tracking number/code.