Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Agreed Value Insurance.

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2015, 07:15 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed Value Insurance.

As per title really, Do many of you go for it ??

I've never had it before and have seen so many threads on here where people say widetracks are worth £7-8K but seen loads advertised at £10-11K.
So I decide to this year to try it and see, just had the agreed valuation back on my 2005 STI, They have agreed a value of £11K for a £39 premium per year.

Obvious benefits if the worst happens that they will pay out £11K without any fuss ??

If and its a big if, I was to sell it does the valuation carry any weight for getting a good purchase price ?? i.e could I easily ask £11K no offers and expect to get it
Old 20 June 2015, 07:22 AM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd say widetracks are generally worth much closer to £8k than £11k, so if the insurance company honour the agreed valuation in the event of a payout then yes £39 sounds a good deal.

I wouldn't know how legally binding these agreed valuations are though.

If it's up to you to prove a valuation of £11k in the event of a claim then I'd start getting lots of screen shots of ads from the likes of Cheshire Performance with their silly prices.
Old 20 June 2015, 11:50 AM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
if anyone needs help with insurance that offers the option of a fixes agreed value then please feel free to drop me a line.
We have schemes that can offer it as part of their policy but we also have a standalone policy that can offer an agreed value for pretty much any type of car as long as it's over 12 month old.
Regard,
Dan.
Old 20 June 2015, 06:32 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike74
I'd say widetracks are generally worth much closer to £8k than £11k, so if the insurance company honour the agreed valuation in the event of a payout then yes £39 sounds a good deal.

I wouldn't know how legally binding these agreed valuations are though.

If it's up to you to prove a valuation of £11k in the event of a claim then I'd start getting lots of screen shots of ads from the likes of Cheshire Performance with their silly prices.
As per original post the insurance company have agreed the value of £11K, I provided 7 recent photos including one the verify the mileage (Just over 33K miles) plus a description of the money spent / work / modifications done to the car and I have received the valuation conformation paperwork agreeing £11K.

I based my valuation not on what I have read on here as every for sale post seems to slate the owner for asking anywhere near £10K for a widetrack (Usually by someone who doesn't own one or want to buy the car).
But when looking around sites such as pistonheads and autotrader there are quite a few of similar age but much higher mileage ranging from £10-12K, hence I thought I would go for £11K.

As per any insurance there are terms and conditions but from what I have read it seems for a total loss it would pay out £11K unless it was down to my own negligence I suppose leaving car unlocked etc..

So as its now agreed as per original question would it be of any use as a selling point if I was to ask for £11K ??

Last edited by Scooby-Mark; 20 June 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 20 June 2015, 06:49 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Hi,
if anyone needs help with insurance that offers the option of a fixes agreed value then please feel free to drop me a line.
We have schemes that can offer it as part of their policy but we also have a standalone policy that can offer an agreed value for pretty much any type of car as long as it's over 12 month old.
Regard,
Dan.

Hi Dan,

I had it as part of my insurance with AdrianFlux this year, £39 add on, well worth it in the event of a total loss
Old 20 June 2015, 06:56 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

I bought a widetrack recently, and i have been looking for around a year (without all the cash) and about 6 months with the cash ready, and they are a nightmare to try a buy.

Ive never had such troubles buying a car before than this one!

This is my experience from buying...

People saying they are worth 7-8k are clueless, the only ones ive seen go cheaply are poor condition / high mileage or non-dccd ones.

Most are well looked after though as people know how much they are worth.

Although i will say the silver and black ones do seem to go for less than the blue ones (not a dig at you for having a black one just my experience from recent car hunting).

The blue ones seem to all sell within a day but ive seen some black and silver (mainly silver ones) with a great spec hang around a bit longer and be advertised cheaper.

As for price wise, aslong as everything is in order, the car is in great condition and servicing is up to date, £10k is an easily achieveable figure, even £11k at a push but its gotta be an excellent car.

It has to be something special to go for £12k+ in my opinion but prices do seem to be going up!

Anyone trying to sell a widetrack in not great condition wont get a good price for it, thats the problem, people are assuming just because its a widetrack its automatically worth a fortune....

Hope ive been of some help, and also dont take advice from jealous people who have no intention of owning one.

Ive also seen earlier blob sti's (non-widetrack) 2003 / 2004 models up for sale for £8-9k... Thats saying something!
Old 20 June 2015, 07:47 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

I agree with you, The ones I have seen over the last two years ( 1 year looking, 1 year owning ) £7-9K buys you anything from poor to half decent car with some having sky high miles, at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

I found the colour hunting the other way round

Maybe its how we preserve it when we want a certain colour

I wanted white (May as well of been on the lookout for rocking horse poo ) or black, kept seeing blue ones with good spec and slightly cheaper but I have nothing against the blue (Just seem too common) and nearly gave in and had one but held out and found a cracking black one

I agree on the price statements, I would also think being able to prove agreed value backs up your asking price ??

There is a lot of for want of a better word jealousy on here regarding what others own and perceived price / value. As you say all the negative comments seem to come from owners of other models usually with comments like "Its not a...." or "no way is it worth that"

Easy response is don't comment or go buy the other model you think is better.

Trending Topics

Old 22 June 2015, 07:39 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep I have it on my Hawk Spec-c and had it on the blob spec-c for 4 years prior to that, Mainly as I wouldnt want a payout on an average UK car if the worst we're to happen, as there is nearly a 50% price difference
Old 22 June 2015, 02:40 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
Yep I have it on my Hawk Spec-c and had it on the blob spec-c for 4 years prior to that, Mainly as I wouldnt want a payout on an average UK car if the worst we're to happen, as there is nearly a 50% price difference
Old 22 June 2015, 08:19 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby-Mark
Hi Dan,

I had it as part of my insurance with AdrianFlux this year, £39 add on, well worth it in the event of a total loss
Hi,
Glad we could help out.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 22 June 2015, 09:38 PM
mike74
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

You didn't mention anything about mods or the very low mileage in your original post... so yes, good quality, professionally fitted and documented mods will obviously enhance the value.

I still say a completely standard widetrack with average miles is worth much closer to £8k than £11k.

Last edited by mike74; 22 June 2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old 22 June 2015, 11:32 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

True, I never did mention the spec or mileage in the original post.

To be fair though the questions were more about the policy itself and if others had it and probably the more interesting question (For me) if it is preserved that a guaranteed valuation certificate would demand that as an asking price ??

Mainly as I stated not that I am selling but never heard anyone mention agreed value or indeed seen it listed in any advert.
First time I have ever taken such a policy out as only ever had new cars for 3 years with gap insurance and this one is a 2nd car which I plan to keep for a while.

My thoughts were if an insurance company agrees a value at £x's then that is at least the asking price if the car was up for sale ??
(as long as policy is in date and active of course)
Old 23 June 2015, 08:39 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
...and this man is highly recommended IMO