Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Someone tried to run me off the road

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2015, 08:28 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Someone tried to run me off the road

I feel like I'm some sort of cyclist as I had another car driver try to run me off the road today, he ran over chevrons to get in front of me and at one point it was a two lane road but there was three cars as in him in the middle.

It was either hit a barrier or hit him or brake so I braked! When he was in front of mei I then moved over to my lane and he served in front of me and braked just to be a ****. I have the video file saved and two before that to show I have done nothing wrong but shoild I go to the police to stop this idiot crashing into someone?

Or are we now in a situation where people who use cameras are the ones who are frowned upon?
Old 24 January 2015, 08:31 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the evidence to the law,it will give them summat to do other than eating doughnuts ......
Old 24 January 2015, 08:39 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

I'm going to start saving these files to YouTube in future as I don't want to clog my photo bucket account up, I will host the file tomorrow from that.
Old 24 January 2015, 08:39 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Did you do anything to provoke him?
Old 24 January 2015, 08:47 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Did you do anything to provoke him?

Nothing, I just didn't let him in when he thought he would cut me up so that's how it escalated to hit or brake, but he drove over chevrons to cut me up.
Old 24 January 2015, 08:52 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
I feel like I'm some sort of cyclist as I had another car driver try to run me off the road today, he ran over chevrons to get in front of me and at one point it was a two lane road but there was three cars as in him in the middle.

It was either hit a barrier or hit him or brake so I braked! When he was in front of mei I then moved over to my lane and he served in front of me and braked just to be a ****. I have the video file saved and two before that to show I have done nothing wrong but shoild I go to the police to stop this idiot crashing into someone?

Or are we now in a situation where people who use cameras are the ones who are frowned upon?
Report him dangerous driving causes accidents.........hope he gets a right good telling off.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:06 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Here we go I'm starting to use Youtube for these idiots, if you look after the roundabout there is lots of chevrons where someone driving in the left lane should pull back, this idiot wants to be where I am. I wish I could of turned the camera side ways to show how bad this **** was but if I moved the cam I would of hit him as he was maybe 2" from me.

I also have the reg of the car that was behind me when this happened as it was pretty strange when I drove into Sainsburys car park and they were behind me so I took there number so they can be a witness to something they thought they were well away from

Old 24 January 2015, 09:13 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

That looks like some sort of failed crash for cash to me.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:19 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyland
The way the round about works is he should of braked to get behind me as I i have right of way, he thought no I'm getting in front of you no matter what. He was a proper **** and still tried to brake and swerve in front of me. What the camera doesn't catch is the "******" sign he gave from his window as he drove off!

I'm ok for being cut up as it happens but thus **** treed to force me off the road and gave me a ****** sign fir him doing it to me! Now who is the biggest ****** to allow thus to happen?
Old 24 January 2015, 09:20 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think he would have come to a complete stop if that was the case.

Looks to me like he (?) was upset about you closing up on the car infront of you, to give him nowhere to cut in like you say, and wanted to **** you off. His swerving was pretty damn dangerous.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:24 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

Have you ever considered that it would be extremely obvious if he came to a complete stop? So he was probably trying to cause a collision but without it looking like it was deliberate.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:24 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

If you have done nothing to provoke this, the second manoeuvre is taking the pee ...... I am afraid I would have followed him till I ran out of fuel.

Not a keyboard warrior but have a extending wheel brace close to hand if I had grandkids in the car I would have burst his skull end of.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have been cut up driving the wife's Fiat 500 sport but never seems to happen in the Subaru.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:26 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

I'd of followed the **** home
Old 24 January 2015, 09:34 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by daviee
If you have done nothing to provoke this, the second manoeuvre is taking the pee ...... I am afraid I would have followed him till I ran out of fuel.

Not a keyboard warrior but have a extending wheel brace close to hand if I had grandkids in the car I would have burst his skull end of.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have been cut up driving the wife's Fiat 500 sport but never seems to happen in the Subaru.

I can show you every file from driving home and this person only comes on my radar at this roundabout as he wants to be in front of me, I was in in my van but I drive correctly and I pressume he thought he would beat me being he is in the wrong lane but all he did was **** me off to go to the police?
Old 24 January 2015, 09:34 PM
scoobygaz1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Report the ****** to plod!!!
Old 24 January 2015, 09:36 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

Originally Posted by donny andi

oh, but what if he lives 100s of miles away? He would have probably made you crash by then.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:38 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

That's blatant dangerous driving and possible intent to endanger life. I'd report the f*cker asap.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:38 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi

And do what? I'm sure it gets serious for road rage when you do this. I have had people cut me up and follow me yet when I approach them their ***** drop with some stupid excuse
Old 24 January 2015, 09:40 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I'd like to see the footage before he cut you up.

Having said that I would still report him. That was just madness .....
Old 24 January 2015, 09:41 PM
daviee
Scooby Regular

I would report for his own good he will cross the wrong person someday and it will end in tears for him. ****ty modern day behaviour, I get annoyed when cut up but that's dangerous to say the least.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:43 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

I would report for his own good he will cross the wrong person someday and it will end in tears for him. ****ty modern day behaviour, I get annoyed when cut up but that's dangerous to say the least.

He is probably a cry baby anyway.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:45 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wish
I'd like to see the footage before he cut you up.

Having said that I would still report him. That was just madness .....
How much footage before do you want as I only have two files saved, if I pull the whole journey and it doesn't show this vehicle anywhere apart from this run in which is all there is will you bet cash on it?

I'm willing to bet £100 this car is no where till this event
Old 24 January 2015, 09:48 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

Are you sure you didn't try and cut him up moments before?
Old 24 January 2015, 10:04 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a couple of lads have a pop at me after a road rage incident, gave me a half decent kicking too, at one point one of them was on top of me strangling me and punching me in the face (he was the big ******) and the other one was using my head as a football, took me a little while to get the better of them, but I knocked the footballer out the same way he was trying to do it to me, and I'm pretty sure the other one didn't use his tackle for a few months because I almost broke my foot on his pubic bone, Don't think he had much in the way of front teeth left either.

Spent the next month ****ting myself waiting for a knock at the door, nursing a busted nose, two black eyes and my ears looked like a rugby players along with general aches and pains and picking bits of tarmac out of my head, two weeks not working as I was self-employed no pay either, so around £2k down the sh!tter.

Moral of the story, Don't get involved, even when you win, you lose.

Forgot to add; I could barely eat for a week as every time I swallowed it hurt like hell.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 24 January 2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 24 January 2015, 10:09 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had someone come up the inside of me ( the slipway to come onto the duel carriage way,me being on inside lane ) , if it wasnt for my lightening reflexes we would have touched

He either didnt see me or expected me to pull out into the ouside overtaking lane

Anyway he went off in front and viewing his later manaouveres from behind i just count myself lucky

Old 24 January 2015, 10:09 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

that sounds awfull, I hope you are better now.
Old 24 January 2015, 10:11 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Are you sure you didn't try and cut him up moments before?

What do you think I have this the whole journey home

I wil bet £100 this car can't be seen anywhere on my journey home apart from cutting me up

Old 24 January 2015, 10:21 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

take it to the police mate, clown needs a talking to. take the whole vid in then if the **** claims was because fo a previous incident you have evidence it wasnt
Old 24 January 2015, 10:30 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would report for his own good he will cross the wrong person someday and it will end in tears for him. ****ty modern day behaviour

I had a run in with a stupid cow just before xmas, I reported her to the police, she got a police warning, any more issues that are reported to the police about her driving and she will be prosecuted for both events. I am easy going and laid back, but I could have had some serious road rage when she stopped and started giving me some verbal about MY driving .

It's NSFW, I'm in my merc vito work van and she pulled out in front of me in a 50mph zone (it's her pressing her horn)

Old 24 January 2015, 10:31 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

that sounds awfull, I hope you are better now.
Yeah I've had better days but it was quite a few years ago now, but a very similar incident to steves, tried to cut me up and I wouldn't let them in, then they started to follow me, swearving in and out of traffic trying to get in front of me as well.

I was on my way to a job and didn't want them to follow me, so me being a "Bad ***" thought **** this and pulled into a side street, stopped and got out giving it some what's your problem, and they were all over me like a rash.

Funny when I think about it now but it was pretty scary when I couldn't breath, I had a moment of clarity and thought I better do something before they knock me out and use me as a football proper. so I poked him in the eyes, he didn't like that much

Anyway I lived to tell the tale and learned not to be such a **** as it's just not worth it.

Quick Reply: Someone tried to run me off the road