Council house for the Queen

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2015, 06:43 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Council house for the Queen

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...vJ?ocid=TSHDHP

The party would remove the royal family from Buckingham Palace, but Green leader Natalie Bennett said she was "sure we can find a council house for her" as a result of their programme to build more.

What are you thoughts on this^, people?
Old 24 January 2015, 07:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We are not amused
Old 24 January 2015, 07:34 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Go for it...if I thought they would get in, on the basis of that, they'd have my vote.
Old 24 January 2015, 08:25 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greens are mental and their policies equally mental.
Old 24 January 2015, 08:37 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Greens are mental and their policies equally mental.

I was just thinking, say, if the mental Green do come in power and stick the Queen and hers in a council house, then won't it cripple the tourism and the income from it?

But then again, tourists may visit even more because they will get to see the inside of the royal palace for a ticket on cost, and that should make up for the loss. Just a strategy which the Greens may have in their mind.

They do it in other countries, so it can be done here, I suppose. Most tourists like a bit of history. At least a picture inside the palace, to show off to their mates back home.
Old 24 January 2015, 08:55 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

Green party are committing high treason by saying that.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:33 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobyland
Green party are committing high treason by saying that.
Lese-majesty?
Old 24 January 2015, 09:35 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

green party are against the values of our country,
Old 24 January 2015, 09:36 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

green party are against the values of our country,
Have you studied their manifesto and aware of their policies?
Old 24 January 2015, 09:38 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

Absolutely shocking....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...r-Britain.html
Old 24 January 2015, 09:42 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Better than the shower of shyte we have now.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:46 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

really?
Old 24 January 2015, 09:54 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Feeding trolls ain't my style.
Old 24 January 2015, 09:56 PM
GWJ
Scooby Regular

They should merge with the monster raving loony party
Old 24 January 2015, 11:14 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Better than the shower of shyte we have now.
Who ever comes in has a pretty easy job when it comes to doing a better job than the **** stains we currently have.
Old 25 January 2015, 06:15 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

According to that Telegraph link they want to shut down all our army bases and turn them into nature reserves
Old 25 January 2015, 06:37 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

You just need to look at the wonders these muppets have achieved whilst holding power in Brighton to imagine the untold damage the would do to the UK. The Telegraph article gives a great insight into their manifesto of sending us back to the Stone Age.

Beware the watermelon!
Old 25 January 2015, 09:01 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure if all this true but according to the Telegraph here are the best bits!

flagship policy is an unconditional, non-withdrawable income of £71 a week for everyone living in Britain “as a right of citizenship”, regardless of wealth or whether they are seeking work.

Benefits and the tax-free personal allowance will be abolished, and top-ups given for people with children or disabilities, or to pay rent and mortgages. No-one will see a reduction in benefits, and most will see a substantial increase. Parents will be entitled to two years’ paid leave from work.

The policy will enable people to “choose their own types and patterns of work”, and will allow people to take up “personally satisfying and socially useful work”.

It will cost somewhere between £240-280 billion a year – more than double the current health budget, and ten times the defence budget. Those costs will be off-set by some reduction to the welfare bill, through the replacement of jobseekers’ allowance.

Under Green plans, inheritance tax – “to prevent the accumulation of wealth and power by a privileged class” – will no longer just tax the dead.

Under radical reforms, it will cover gifts made while the giver is still alive – raising the prospect of levies on cars, jewellery or furniture given by parents to their children

Under cultural reforms, the Greens will explore a “a tax on superstar performances” to support “local cultural enterprises”

The “overall volume” of advertising on TV and newspapers will be controlled and cut, as part of a war on the “materialist and consumption driven culture which is not sustainable”

Advertising of holiday flights will be controlled by law to halt the “promotion of a high-carbon lifestyle”

A Green party would impose “research, education and economic measures” to drive a “transition from diets dominated by meat”.

Britain will leave NATO, end the special relationship with the US, and unilaterally abandon nuclear weapons. A standing army, navy and airforce is “unnecessary”. Bases will be turned into nature reserves and the arms industry “converted” to producing windturbines

Richer regions do not have the right to use migration controls to protect their privileges from others in the long term,” the party’s policy book states.

A Green Government will “progressively reduce” border controls, including an amnesty for illegal immigrants after five years.

Access to benefits, the right to vote and tax obligations will apply to everyone living on British soil, regardless of passport. The policy book states: “We will work to create a world of global inter-responsibility in which the concept of a 'British national' is irrelevant and outdated.

I'm sure most sensible people agree that consumerism has brought many negatives both to people, society and Mother Earth, but some of these policies are really out there!

Last edited by Dingdongler; 25 January 2015 at 09:04 AM.
Old 25 January 2015, 12:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Well, that Telegraph article made me laugh. Not sure if it was serious or political satire.

Prossys and recreational drugs should be cheaper though, that will really help the country out LOL

The only thing missed on her manifesto - which would get my vote. Is to ban any individual with a PPE degree at Oxford from having a career politics. Not one person graduating from that course has done any good for this country. Milliband, *****, Cameron, Cooper, Mandelson, Hague, Reckless you name it, they all came from there.

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 January 2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 25 January 2015, 01:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
I'm not sure if all this true but according to the Telegraph here are the best bits!

flagship policy is an unconditional, non-withdrawable income of £71 a week for everyone living in Britain “as a right of citizenship”, regardless of wealth or whether they are seeking work.

Benefits and the tax-free personal allowance will be abolished, and top-ups given for people with children or disabilities, or to pay rent and mortgages. No-one will see a reduction in benefits, and most will see a substantial increase. Parents will be entitled to two years’ paid leave from work.

The policy will enable people to “choose their own types and patterns of work”, and will allow people to take up “personally satisfying and socially useful work”.

It will cost somewhere between £240-280 billion a year – more than double the current health budget, and ten times the defence budget. Those costs will be off-set by some reduction to the welfare bill, through the replacement of jobseekers’ allowance.

Under Green plans, inheritance tax – “to prevent the accumulation of wealth and power by a privileged class” – will no longer just tax the dead.

Under radical reforms, it will cover gifts made while the giver is still alive – raising the prospect of levies on cars, jewellery or furniture given by parents to their children.

Under cultural reforms, the Greens will explore a “a tax on superstar performances” to support “local cultural enterprises”

The “overall volume” of advertising on TV and newspapers will be controlled and cut, as part of a war on the “materialist and consumption driven culture which is not sustainable”

Advertising of holiday flights will be controlled by law to halt the “promotion of a high-carbon lifestyle"

A Green party would impose “research, education and economic measures” to drive a “transition from diets dominated by meat".

Britain will leave NATO, end the special relationship with the US, and unilaterally abandon nuclear weapons. A standing army, navy and airforce is “unnecessary”. Bases will be turned into nature reserves and the arms industry “converted” to producing windturbines.

Richer regions do not have the right to use migration controls to protect their privileges from others in the long term,” the party’s policy book states.

A Green Government will “progressively reduce” border controls, including an amnesty for illegal immigrants after five years.

Access to benefits, the right to vote and tax obligations will apply to everyone living on British soil, regardless of passport. The policy book states: “We will work to create a world of global inter-responsibility in which the concept of a 'British national' is irrelevant and outdated.

I'm sure most sensible people agree that consumerism has brought many negatives both to people, society and Mother Earth, but some of these policies are really out there!

Hm, quite radical.
Old 25 January 2015, 01:37 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

I have to say I find the prospect of the Greens getting any real power to be even more troubling than UKIP. Having skimmed through their policies, I get the impression if they had their way we'd all be living in mud huts and reading by fire light by the end of the year.

At least UKIP aren't that dangerous...

http://policy.greenparty.org.uk

Last edited by neil-h; 25 January 2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 25 January 2015, 01:39 PM
scoobyland
BANNED

I agree, UKIP are actually much better then some people would believe.
Old 25 January 2015, 06:58 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Personally I think inheritance tax is one of the most disgraceful ones that we deal with in modern times. 40% taken from those who have done the "right thing" by saving, etc. If doing the "right thing" means being penalised for it, is it any wonder we are a credit nation?
Old 25 January 2015, 07:30 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by daveyj
Personally I think inheritance tax is one of the most disgraceful ones that we deal with in modern times. 40% taken from those who have done the "right thing" by saving, etc. If doing the "right thing" means being penalised for it, is it any wonder we are a credit nation?
sure, but you would be surprised at how few people are affected by inheritance tax

I believe less than 15% of the population
Old 25 January 2015, 07:37 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
sure, but you would be surprised at how few people are affected by inheritance tax

It's £325k.With the current property market it will soon be a lot more than 15%.

Last edited by legb4rsk; 25 January 2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 25 January 2015, 07:45 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

maybe - I suspect it will just rise though to compensate

I suspect in reality it has been roughly the same % for the last 20 odd years - and property has risen quite a lot in that time
Old 25 January 2015, 10:22 PM
daveyj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2

Probably partly down to the upper half having wealth enshrined in trusts and the lower half living on credit. Still a despicable tax especially if you are part of said 15%
Old 26 January 2015, 12:49 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I've just read this:

On BBC1's Sunday Politics Ms Bennett was challenged about the policy and whether that would make it legal for people living in Britain to join brutal terrorist groups such as IS.

She said: "This is a part of our policy that I think dates back to the age of the ANC and apartheid South Africa."

Pressed on whether that meant it would be allowed to be a member of al Qaida or IS, she said: "Exactly. What we want to do is make sure we are not punishing people for what they think or what they believe.

"Obviously actions of inciting violence, supporting violence, those are absolutely unacceptable, illegal and should be pursued to the full extent of the law."

She added: "What we are talking about is a principle that you shouldn't be punished for what you think. And we need to balance, we do not protect freedom by destroying it."
.......from this: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...Ll?ocid=TSHDHP

Good or bad?

Anyone?
Old 26 January 2015, 01:12 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Good or bad?

Anyone?
Don't you know? Or are you so open minded your brains have fallen out?
Old 26 January 2015, 07:19 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Don't you know? Or are you so open minded your brains have fallen out?
Good morning, and what a silly thing to say. And there I was, thinking, that only Greens could come up with silly comments.

With all due respect, ‘open-minded’ doesn’t mean ‘open-skulled’ in order to let one’s brain fall out. Only open-minded people will know that, though. Closed minded will interpret the meaning of ‘mind’ as confined as it suits their closed mind.

Just because someone is highlighting bizarre politics on this thread, and inviting others to attend to the ludicrous nature of it doesn’t mean you need to feel provoked to bite. Don’t take my Socratic questioning so personal. Keep your insults to yourself or take them elsewhere, they’re a waste here.

Have a good day.