Why should we police France?

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2014, 10:54 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why should we police France?

Calais migrant crisis: UK police 'should help'

Why should the UK police get involved? The French need to get their finger out and deal with the issue though I suspect it suits them not to try too hard.
Old 05 November 2014, 10:58 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't get why the French aren't rounding them up and deporting them. Isn't that what we do when/if they get here.
Old 05 November 2014, 11:00 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Costs money.

Last edited by dpb; 05 November 2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05 November 2014, 12:27 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JackClark
I don't get why the French aren't rounding them up and deporting them. Isn't that what we do when/if they get here.

Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Would it were so.
Old 05 November 2014, 01:29 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dpb
Costs money.
Machine gun, and check them in the water - or a big hole?
Old 05 November 2014, 01:32 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

That's why they're here. , rather than back home
Old 05 November 2014, 02:57 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Tell them the police are busy catching motorists but we could deploy the army now it's back from Afghanistan as long as they pay for the deployment.
Old 05 November 2014, 04:19 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Both of which are true.
Old 05 November 2014, 04:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

"No benefits for three years"

...ukip would disappear overnight.
Old 05 November 2014, 05:03 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't see how poor, persecuted, displaced people find the money to travel half way around the world by passing several safe haven countries on the way to claim asylum in the UK, this is a problem that the EU and UN should be paying to solve.

These people need to be stopped at source and funding put into place to help them in their own countries or neighbouring countries, it will only get worse if all those that have money and get up and go / intelligence come to the UK so draining their own countries of money and man power then burdening our society and resources.

Round em up and send them back to some holding camp like guantanamo and publicise it in the problem countries, once word gets out they will stop coming.
Old 05 November 2014, 05:10 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I don't see how poor, persecuted, displaced people find the money to travel half way around the world by passing several safe haven countries on the way to claim asylum in the UK, this is a problem that the EU and UN should be paying to solve.

These people need to be stopped at source and funding put into place to help them in their own countries or neighbouring countries, it will only get worse if all those that have money and get up and go / intelligence come to the UK so draining their own countries of money and man power then burdening our society and resources.

Round em up and send them back to some holding camp like guantanamo and publicise it in the problem countries, once word gets out they will stop coming.
What about genuine asylum seekers?
Old 05 November 2014, 05:46 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Aren't they expected to request asylum at the first country they get to?

If they wait until they get to the country they like economically, they aren't asylum seekers.
Old 05 November 2014, 05:48 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Most of them are young men in their 20's/30's; unwanted people (probably) with no families tieing them to the homelands, they are opportunists seeking a better life, they see what we have and think "I'll have my slice". I can't blame them but my life would be better without so many of the coming here.
Old 05 November 2014, 05:54 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

also they hardly pay for an "economy" ticket - they are cynically and ruthlessly "trafficked" by criminal gangs that simply treat them as meat cargo
Old 05 November 2014, 06:14 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
Most of them are young men in their 20's/30's; unwanted people (probably) with no families tieing them to the homelands, they are opportunists seeking a better life, they see what we have and think "I'll have my slice". I can't blame them but my life would be better without so many of the coming here.
I'd wager the couple hundred hopefuls there have an infinitesimal bearing on your quality of life
Old 05 November 2014, 06:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Aren't they expected to request asylum at the first country they get to?
What do the asylum laws say?

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
If they wait until they get to the country they like economically, they aren't asylum seekers.
What if they want to come here because we're a decent, largely tolerant country with opportunities?

Some people have lives most of us could barely imagine and they sometimes ask us for help. I think we should help.
Old 05 November 2014, 06:45 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

That is one thing I've always wondered about. Not so much the money side of things, but how exactly you get into the UK without going through any other country at all. Are there really direct air, land, and sea routes, to the UK from these places, where you don't stop at a single country en-route?

Follow the process in place for doing so? Which I don't think includes coming over illegally. The same is true for those here illegally. There is a process in place, follow it. Oh, you won't qualify under certain criteria, tough, you cannot come in. I'm a little funny about this kind of thing as I have followed the process to gain entry to Canada, so when people try and side-step the processes in place, it annoys me.
Old 05 November 2014, 06:47 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I been stuck in them queues going into the port,truck drivers have been asking for a while now for something to be done.Hundreds of immigrants walking around like in the video clip everyday,and is no where to go.
One of our drivers got attacked by six of them and caused £4000.00 damage to the truck.
And if you get caught with illiegals driver is find £2000.00 soon will be rising £3000.00 and what you meant to do when is plague of them at the port everday trying to climb on.
Only thing is in most cases if have done your security checks TIR cord completed security form maybe not be slapped with a fine just a six hour wait while you get interviewed etc.
Alot of us international drivers have started filming going into the port and posting in you tube,because we all sick of it

Last edited by DYK; 05 November 2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05 November 2014, 06:50 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

What do the asylum laws say?
Where you came from
At the screening interview the authorities will decide if another country, not the UK, may be responsible for considering your asylum application. For example, this may be because you travelled through another country where the UKBA thinks you could have applied for asylum.

From here:
http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/***...12_English.pdf

I think this may relate to the Dublin II regulation: http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l33153_en.htm

Now I don't see it specifically stating you need to register in the first country you come to, however, to get to the UK by any other method than a direct route, you likely will have illegally entered the border of another country, and as such, that may well be where the claim needs to be made.

Last edited by Markus; 05 November 2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05 November 2014, 07:10 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Follow the process in place for doing so? Which I don't think includes coming over illegally. The same is true for those here illegally. There is a process in place, follow it. Oh, you won't qualify under certain criteria, tough, you cannot come in. I'm a little funny about this kind of thing as I have followed the process to gain entry to Canada, so when people try and side-step the processes in place, it annoys me.
I get that. So what "process" does a schoolgirl from northwestern Nigeria follow? Or a gay man in Afghanistan? Or a Christian in IS controlled Syria? Or a Shia Muslim in IS controlled Iraq? What do they do exactly? Go to the local asylum office and fill out form 46c and then wait expectantly for their application to be "processed"? These people don't have the luxuries afforded to us in the west; they're often desperate and undertake desperate acts to get away from terrible persecution and they come to us for help. We help them and of that I'm proud.

Last edited by JTaylor; 05 November 2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05 November 2014, 07:12 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Where you came from
At the screening interview the authorities will decide if another country, not the UK, may be responsible for considering your asylum application. For example, this may be because you travelled through another country where the UKBA thinks you could have applied for asylum.

From here:
http://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/***...12_English.pdf

I think this may relate to the Dublin II regulation: http://europa.eu/legislation_summari.../l33153_en.htm

Now I don't see it specifically stating you need to register in the first country you come to, however, to get to the UK by any other method than a direct route, you likely will have illegally entered the border of another country, and as such, that may well be where the claim needs to be made.
Thanks for that.
Old 05 November 2014, 07:44 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

There are two main reasons they are camped in Calais, trying to get here.

1) They speak English, or at least are more likely to than French, German, Spanish, Italian etc....

2) In most, if not all, other EU countries you have to have worked for a period of time to qualify for benefits. For example, in France it is 6 months. Oh and the free healthcare.

The mayor of Calais was over here last week, talking to MPs, explaining that if we did not have such an easy and lucrative benefits culture they would not be trying to get here, instead of elsewhere, and that as such we were to blame for the situation, and should contribute to dealing with the problem.
Old 05 November 2014, 08:03 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

They have, BY LAW, to claim asylum in the first country they come to after leaving the one they are claiming asylum from.

Thus, NOT the UK, unless they come in by air, or are claiming asylum from Ireland, France etc?
Old 05 November 2014, 08:04 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scarey
There are two main reasons they are camped in Calais, trying to get here.

1) They speak English, or at least are more likely to than French, German, Spanish, Italian etc....

2) In most, if not all, other EU countries you have to have worked for a period of time to qualify for benefits. For example, in France it is 6 months. Oh and the free healthcare.

The mayor of Calais was over here last week, talking to MPs, explaining that if we did not have such an easy and lucrative benefits culture they would not be trying to get here, instead of elsewhere, and that as such we were to blame for the situation, and should contribute to dealing with the problem.

And he's partly right..what we really need is a set of politicians with gonads.
Old 05 November 2014, 08:27 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Bloody foreigners ..........
Old 05 November 2014, 08:39 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

What about them?

We don't want / need them, so don't let them in.
End of.

Instead of sending the Army to fight Ebola in Africa how about sending them to Calais for some target practice?

I reckon the 'asylum seekers' would soon get the message.
Old 05 November 2014, 08:41 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
What about them?

We don't want / need them, so don't let them in.
End of.

Instead of sending the Army to fight Ebola in Africa how about sending them to Calais for some target practice?

I reckon the 'asylum seekers' would soon get the message.
With views like yours, I'd say 'we don't want / need you'
Old 05 November 2014, 09:10 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

these people don't have the luxuries afforded to us in the west; they're often desperate and undertake desperate acts to get away from terrible persecution and they come to us for help. We help them and of that I'm proud.
Totally agree
Old 05 November 2014, 10:02 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
With views like yours, I'd say 'we don't want / need you'
Same can be said of you Mr Lefty ******* tree hugger.
Old 05 November 2014, 10:09 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
Same can be said of you Mr Lefty ******* tree hugger.
I thought I was a 'Cameron loving Tory'.

Please make your mind up

Quick Reply: Why should we police France?