So u think speedins clever??????

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2002, 09:20 PM
Can't Get Enough
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

To all the drivers out there!!!

If u think that speedin is clever then think again.

On Wednesday 29/5/02 i was driven along at 25mph (i was ready 2 turn down another road) when a 14 yr old school kid ran out in front of me. i counld do nothin 2 miss her. She went over the bonnet, on the windscreen, and lay on the floor not moving. Only thing that happened is that she broke her leg. Copper i spoke 2 said if i was doin 5 - 10mph faster i would have killed her.

Not a plesant think 2 happen to any1, espec when iam only 18 myself.

It is up 2 u if u wanna speed, but take from some1 who knows, c in a girls head or any1's smash against your window is not nice.

Thanx 4 readin!!!!!

Old 01 June 2002, 10:48 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Speeding`s not clever, theres a time and a place, pleased to hear you know the same.

Hope the girl makes a full recovery.(And learns the green cross code!)

Rich.
Old 02 June 2002, 02:23 AM
ustolemyname??stevieturbo
Scooby Regular

Just curious...are you being prosecuted for hitting the child? Is the accident being seen as your fault, or the childs? Although I have never hit anyone, usually when a young person has an accident, it is their fault, whether it actually is or not. At least this was the way it worked when I started driving, and other friends, and it still seems to follow true even today, when I see some younger drivers getting prosecuted for accidents or offences which were clearly not their fault. It seems to be that when it comes to the courts here, you just cant accuse the police officers for the liars that they are. It only makes things worse. You usually have to plead guilty and take it.
Old 02 June 2002, 03:48 PM
Little Miss WRX

Sorry to hear of that, I hope the girl makes a rapid recovery and that you, yourself aren't affected by the accident.

All the best,

Michelle.
Old 03 June 2002, 09:59 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

A refreshing change to see an 18 year old with a sensible attitude to driving.

She's a lucky girl that it was you and not an irresponsible driver who thinks that 30's are a waste of time

Dave
Old 03 June 2002, 12:04 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Hope the girl is okay and would recover soon. You're quite matured for an 18 year old. Most men your age only want to do Kamikaze like speed on all roads regardless of road conditions.

But one question that has not been asked yet, was she fit? Markus needs some fresh blood.
Old 03 June 2002, 12:12 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Lucky escape.

Just also goes to prove how wide of the mark, the current government ads are. The belief that if you do 29 mph, you will OK is ridiculous (I really hate that one where the bloke hits the kid in the street because he was doing 35mph - it fails to show how better awareness, driver training, correct use of ABS etc could have avoided the accident, instead of the unfailing belief that if he was doing 30mph he would have been OK).

Chris
Old 03 June 2002, 12:47 PM
Scooby Snax
Scooby Regular

Coming back from Wales on sunday and a pig drove past me in the fast lane doing at least 110 with no blue lights on etc. I was doing 80 and he flew past me and a focus was chasing him probably some CID c*nt. They should take there own advice, not all young drivers are ***** either.

Ta SS
Old 04 June 2002, 01:30 AM
kwiky
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

not speedin but almost killed a girl in an accident 6 yrs ago lost licence and big fine
watch out for guilt!!!! can be a headf*k just remeber not your fault
Old 07 June 2002, 01:04 PM
Woz
Scooby Regular

good topic
btt
Old 07 June 2002, 02:34 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Had accident involving girl myself a few years back. Was turning into my drive when girl riding bike along footpath lost control. Seeing this I stopped to allow her to continue along the path but she slammed into my car denting the door and wing.

After checking she was OK(she cut her leg) I went to see her father to see what he was going to do about my car. Told me he wouldnt do anything and I had to sort it out myself. He also pleaded with me not to report it to the police.

I did report it to he police as she was injured and was advised by the PC not to take matters any further.I was also to my astonishment cautioned for driving without due care and attention even though I was stationary and she was on the footpath. I stormed out of the station saying there was no justice.

Anyway I was visited later by the Sergeant in charge that day and told that if I didnt take matters any further against this guy down the road, whether private or through the police the charges against me would be dropped. If I did continue to recover my money I would be charged.

Now all I ask you to do is guess the occupation of the guy down the road.

Chip.
Old 07 June 2002, 03:37 PM
Toplift
Scooby Regular

I was driving alomg in a 30 a few years back. I was doing about 25 to 30 and on the grass verge were two young boys leaping. As I drew nearer to them one of them ran out right infront of me, he was looking right at me and was obviously playing chicken. The thing is that as he reached the edge of the verge he slipped on the wet grass and disappeared infront of my car as he fell over.
As I was already aware of them my foot was near the brake pedal and I was already beginning to slow down, so I did manage to stop. But it was f*kn close.
Since then I would always say to anyone keep it slow in built up areas. You just can not tell what may happen. Especially when young boys are involved.
Old 07 June 2002, 03:42 PM
Toplift
Scooby Regular

And with this, and my previous serious post I reach 100.
Yippee!!!
Old 07 June 2002, 04:15 PM
MadScotsXR2
Scooby Regular

I had a bad one a few weeks back when two drunk brothers were drunk and mucking about at the side of the road. One pushed the other and he tripped over the kerb which spun him onto the road. Nothing I could do in time and hit him knocking him out........not nice feeling when ur in a Mk1 XR and feel the car drive over someone. The guy turned out to have only a broken Jaw and no other injurys which was very lucky. I had 8 witnesses saying there wasn't anything i could do and the car behind said i was doing 25Mph

the damage was to the front clip on the bumper and he broke the valance too
Old 08 June 2002, 01:10 PM
sebastian
Scooby Regular

Chip that story stinks - one of the reasons I d like to win the lottery is so that I could take such matters right thru to the end and **** these sort of people.
Old 08 June 2002, 02:01 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

By the way the copper whos daughter rode into me was the following weekk charged with the theft of £21,000 from the police force. After being on sick leave for 3 years(on full pay,stress) the case came to court early this year. Now you would think that for stealing 21 grand hed get a custodial sentence. Well all he got was community service. Pathetic if you ask me.

Chip.
Old 06 August 2002, 02:02 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Oops

[Edited by Chip - 6/8/2002 2:04:06 PM]