Armed and dangerous - with sellotape

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2014, 04:00 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Armed and dangerous - with sellotape

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments

Mr Smith, who lives in Woodville, Derbyshire, said he was angry that the teacher in question was never suspended and remains at the school.
He said: 'The teacher apologised but has not been punished enough, in my opinion, because he didn’t get suspended and is still working at that school.
'I heard about teachers in another school doing it and they were suspended, so why not here?'

Has the world gone mad

As a parent, would you be more bothered by the fact you darling child was disrupting the lesson. And now he wants to disrupt the lesson even more by having the teacher suspended.

I like the fact that the DM felt the need to place a picture of some sellotape, so we all knew what the story was about.
Old 09 June 2014, 04:09 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a way to let all your neighbours know what a sh!te parent you are
Old 09 June 2014, 04:09 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Old 09 June 2014, 04:31 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

She should think herself lucky, in my day they'd throw the wooden black board eraser at you, one of my maths teachers would throw his huge bunch of keys at you and he was quite accurate with them too, our music teacher was a head of year and if you messed around in his class you'd get the cane on the spot in front of the class, one extra for every consecutive offence, I once witnessed one of our tuff guys get 4 strokes, cried like a baby after the second and still had to bend over and take 2 more.
Old 09 June 2014, 04:35 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I can't help feeling gaffe/duck tape would done a better job
Old 09 June 2014, 04:35 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes - i had a black board eraser bounce of my head a few times, and it was never aimed at me !!!!!
Old 09 June 2014, 04:48 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

One of my old teachers used to keep a log of transgressions on the wall behind his desk. Everyone who appeared on it got lined up against the wall on a Friday, and the rest of the class got to throw them old big square erasers at them, we had some fearsome throwers in our class too

You soon learned who the real class fcukwits were, because most of us realised that once in the firing line was enough
Old 09 June 2014, 04:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Chamberlain, our history teacher would throw the keys
Old 09 June 2014, 05:17 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At my school we had break time and lunch time detentions, or made to stand outside the class room. You guys are old!!
Old 09 June 2014, 05:39 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Dententions! , who bloody turns up for them
Old 09 June 2014, 06:24 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Another one here who had a Maths teacher who liked to throw the board rubber. He must have been in his 80's and I will never forget the time he threw it at two boys who were chatting face to face and the board rubber went between their faces and hit the wall they were sitting next to. They nearly shat themselves. It got the rest of the class's attention as well from that moment on as no one fancied being hit in the head with it next time he threw it.

The one thing in this story I will say for the Dad, he has said she should have been sent out of class and it handled that way and I agree with that. It's not like he has defended his daughter, he just rightly doesn't agree with having her mouth taped up.

I went to a school that had the slipper and some of the memories of the idiots who repeatedly had to suffer it still bring a smile to my face. They just never learnt.
Old 09 June 2014, 06:38 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html#comments
I like the fact that the DM felt the need to place a picture of some sellotape, so we all knew what the story was about.

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
She should think herself lucky, in my day they'd throw the wooden black board eraser at you.
The wooden black board eraser or anything to hand and I'll bet if you had told your dad he would have given you a fat ear for annoying the teacher, I know mine would have.
Old 09 June 2014, 06:48 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Exactly, now teach isn't allowed to lay a finger

Anything like this and Ill bred parent is straight onto someone for compensation
Old 09 June 2014, 06:51 PM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

I agree with a lot that has been said and think that the young girl misbehaving is the bigger issue but the teacher should know better than to have done that. In my opinion the teacher made it personal and didn't set a good example.
Old 09 June 2014, 07:33 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

We had the huge fat eccentric Mr Davies.When walking down crowded corridors he would exclaim in a loud voice;

'I am a tank you are a mini.You will be crushed!'

barging kids out of his way as he went.
You soon learnt to clear a path when you heard him coming.
Old 09 June 2014, 07:57 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I like that one
Old 09 June 2014, 09:11 PM
cmr SCOOBY
BANNED

lol
Old 10 June 2014, 12:00 AM
GWJ
Scooby Regular

Thing is back in my day if you were up to no good and you got caught, you knew it was going to hurt. Didn't stop you being naughty, but you didn't snivel when you got caught and got six of the best, it was an occupational hazard of being naughty, you knew the rules
Old 10 June 2014, 05:48 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Ahhhhh the good old days when the teachers had the right to give you a good hiding if you messed around, there was always someone outside every head of years class waiting for a couple of strokes of the cane. If you ever got sent out of class and one should happen along you could expect a sore ****.

I soon lost count of the amount of times I got the cane and became quite adept at forging my fathers signature on the letter that would accompany me home each time. My father only ever hit me once in my life, the rest of the time it was my raving banshee of a mother that would dole out the strap, I once thought it a good idea to hide it so as to avoid a beating funny how it miraculously re-appeared from down the back of the settee for my next transgression.

Funny thing is I deserved almost every stroke I ever got bar two I received just for being there and laughing when some little smart **** got a slap from a mate, I still begrudge that to this day.

Can you imagine if this current crop got the cane with such frequency, the bawling they'd do when they got a poorly aimed one across the bottom of the spine, (i'm sure some teachers would do that on purpose, slight adjustment of the angle of the cane and ooooooh ya mamma ) never mind the law suits.
Old 10 June 2014, 09:37 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I seem to recall we got cane on the back of the hands
Old 10 June 2014, 09:41 AM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris j t
I agree with a lot that has been said and think that the young girl misbehaving is the bigger issue but the teacher should know better than to have done that. In my opinion the teacher made it personal and didn't set a good example.
Chris, I'm not sure what kind of ideological world you live in mate, but taping up her mouth is a) effective and b) hardly personal.

Bring back the days where your parents used to punish you for getting into trouble - not run to the fecking newspapers.
Old 10 June 2014, 10:05 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
I seem to recall we got cane on the back of the hands
We'd get the ruler on the back of the hand and the cane on the palm, slipper on the bum but that was at junior school, can you imagine the sh!tstorm that would create hitting kids under the age of 11.
Old 10 June 2014, 10:10 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

He did make it personal in as much he made an example of her in front of her class mates. Yes it's teaching her a lesson but rightly or wrongly it's not acceptable behaviour from a teacher.

I think you lot are being harsh on her Dad, he has not defended her bad behaviour, he just didn't agree with how it was dealt with. And I agree with him, she should have been sent out firstly and then dealt with by way of further punishment through the school head for repeated bad behaviour.

I certainly wouldn't agree to any teacher putting selotape over my children's mouths and I bet most of you here wouldn't want your children treated like that either if it came down to it.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 10 June 2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 10 June 2014, 10:13 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Sello tape on the mouth? What a ridiculous thing to do! Shoite parent on not, I don't agree with putting the tape on girl's mouth. What happened in olden times are bygones, but physical force shouldn't be applied in this day and age. The girl should have been sent outside instead.

The teacher took it a bit far with her power trip. She needs to learn to control her impulse rather than coming down to the level of the child. You just don't do certain things, end of. Even the parent shouldn't put tape on her child's mouth for her over-chattering, never mind a teacher. Not that she should be suspended, but she could definitely do with more training and her superior checking on her fitness to practise as a teacher.

Even children with ADD and ADHD and other behavioural difficulties don't get treated like that in schools.

I, as a parent, would certainly tell my child off for disrupting the classroom to deserve such a punishment, but I would also take on the teacher for not handling it well. As I say, she should have been sent out, or even put in isolation for all day with her study material.
Old 10 June 2014, 10:17 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

In my day sending outside meant free reign for the pupil to abscond!

Name already taken down assembly and classroom, sent outside. -straight down the betting shop/pub
Old 10 June 2014, 10:25 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

yep, sell your dinner token, go to the chip van and down the arcade check which bell fruit machine was ripe to drop a couple of quid or failing that a bit of sharking on the pool tables.
Old 10 June 2014, 10:30 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
In my day sending outside meant free reign for the pupil to abscond!

Name already taken down assembly and classroom, sent outside. -straight down the betting shop/pub
In my days, I wouldn't have absconded as I wouldn't have had a clue where to.

My lad recently told me a story when he was kicked out of his Yr. 9 classroom with wrong blame. He just stood outside his class until the bell went for the next lesson when he was asked by his form tutor Mr. Bell why an angel like him was excluded from his lesson. Next day, Mr. Bell talked to that teacher who chucked him out, and he also openly raised in the assembly that due to some wrong pupils, some good pupils end up being punished. My lads is 26 now, and I had never known of this incident until a week ago. It only came into context because we both were talking his school days, and appreciating his form tutor Mr. Bell for being a good teacher.

Sending the child out of the classroom doesn't mean that child could walk free anywhere. Child is not the part of the classroom with his/her mates, but good schools have 'inclusion' spaces (actually they are 'exclusion' spaces) where child is seated for the day in isolation with his/her books.

There are ways to punish young people. World has moved on.
Old 10 June 2014, 11:10 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Mr Sarfi our maths teacher held one of my classmates out of a second floor window in the first year. On balance it would have been far better if he had dropped him
Old 10 June 2014, 11:15 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Awesome. Haha
Old 10 June 2014, 11:23 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

What is it about maths teachers, we had one that was always drunk, the mental one that would throw his keys and a young good looking one that was ******** all the fit young teachers and a couple of the milfs too.

Quick Reply: Armed and dangerous - with sellotape