Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Are the Tories wrong for discriminating against non-Muslims and homosexuals?
Yes
71.43%
No
28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Are the questionable Tories wrong about atheists & homosexuals hindering the Council?

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2014, 01:55 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Are the questionable Tories wrong about atheists & homosexuals hindering the Council?

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news...045?usurv=skip

Election leaflets urging Muslims in Newham to vote for the Conservative Party and claiming the council is run by gays and atheists are being investigated by police.
Reason #983 to vote UKIP?
Old 20 May 2014, 02:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look, it's only the betting shops one I find hypocritical (source: the picture embedded in the coverage you posted). All other pledges seem to be reasonably accommodating, and the coverage clearly mentions that -

Another leaflet, which may not be from the Conservatives, lists what it calls the Labour Party’s failures in the borough, saying: “In senior council positions, there are seven times more gays and three times less ethnic minorities than the resident population.

So what's the problem?

I reckon that 'another leaflet' has been published and circulated by UKIP as a counter-weapon; in order to undercut the Conmen- I mean Consies.
Old 20 May 2014, 02:43 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Look, it's only the betting shops one I find hypocritical (source: the picture embedded in the coverage you posted). All other pledges seem to be reasonably accommodating, and the coverage clearly mentions that -

So what's the problem?

I reckon that 'another leaflet' has been published and circulated by UKIP as a counter-weapon; in order to undercut the Conmen- I mean Consies.
The problem is it's homophobic and discriminatory to non-Muslims, Don't forget it's only the local rag reporting it, not some far-right warmongering machine, most of it is as you say on the level. UKIP haven't even mentioned it unlike the Media/Left/Hippies do when the shoe is on the other foot.

Imagine the media storm - "UKIP leaflet stating there are too many women and Muslims in Rochdale Council"

Last edited by RS_Matt; 20 May 2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 20 May 2014, 11:14 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
The problem is it's homophobic and discriminatory to non-Muslims, Don't forget it's only the local rag reporting it, not some far-right warmongering machine, most of it is as you say on the level. UKIP haven't even mentioned it unlike the Media/Left/Hippies do when the shoe is on the other foot.

Imagine the media storm - "UKIP leaflet stating there are too many women and Muslims in Rochdale Council"

Homophobia shouldn't be a big issue here on SN, as the majority here comes across as homophobic, anyway. Supposed investigation of the atheists can't be such a big issue, either. That's because a super-duper logical than a logic atheist would have nothing to hide. But Consies' opportunistic accommodating stance to Muslims may profoundly disturb an average SN poster that may take their love for Muslims as a rejection to non-Muslim. The main thing is: Let's see if this helps UKIP to gain more votes.

I am surprised that the leaflet doesn't involve the objective- "Convert every non-Muslim into Muslim and force them eat Halal". It would have really worked in this current climate.
Old 21 May 2014, 12:50 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Possibly I think the OP needs to remove this thread as it's a mess.