Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Yobs

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2014, 09:06 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yobs

Just caught a kid no more than 16 chucking a chip shop tray on the street outside my house as I just pulled up. I jumped out and firmly said pick it up, he looking surprised and then went and did so. Now comes the back chat, "im picking it up mate look" yes mate I can see, I don't apricate people chucking litter outside my house, I don't go around yours and drop crap all over the place. He then gets even cockier as he walks away calling me names as I start to walk away. I then lost it a bit and turned around and started walking towards him as he's still gobbing off, he continues and then the missus shouts me to come back. I had not intention of harming him but it was one of those times when your just so angry you wish something could be done.

As I went in my house it's then the missus mutters "are cars will be keyed later then" Then I get sinking feeling of yes maybe that might happen

Just pissed off with kids that have no regard for there own neighbourhood and surroundings and then gob off at you at the first sign of someone doing the right thing, and now the cars might get damaged!? Arhhhh!!!

Rant over.
Old 23 April 2014, 09:16 PM
gc8-r
Scooby Regular

If they do "run him over" and then say he jumped out of the curb...
I always get that around here.... I reply with anything happens here again I'll break your ****ing legs.... they soon shut up

Even had them say they would get there dad's and my reply is "u know where I live just tell him to knock"
Old 23 April 2014, 09:17 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so glad I live on a farm in the countryside.

Seriously though, this seems to be the norm these days.... Gobby kids, no respect, aimless vandalism towards other people's property unfortunately.
Old 23 April 2014, 09:20 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

But, the converse:

Once sat on the wall at the open air market in Doncaster, with my eleven year old lad. He was eating chips. Without being told he bundled up his rubbish and walked 25 yards to put it in a a bin.

Then we sat and watched THREE OAP's chuck theirs on the floor, followed by two lots opening *** packets and chucking the wrappers everywhere.

No shame, these old tw@ts.
Old 23 April 2014, 09:29 PM
Kedlestone
Scooby Regular

Well we are hoping to move out towards the countryside as it happens, saw a house today which ticks all the boxes so will be putting a offer in tomorrow hopefully.

I've never been lucky enough to have a garage or even a driveway which might sound a little sad but when your pride and joy has to sit on the curbside every night it can really take the fun out of owning such cars.

I know I'll see that gobby **** again as our lane is used a lot by kids on the way to and from school, no doubt he will try and get a rise out of me. Although I shouldn't be, I'm almost more annoyed at myself for even saying anything given then chance of having he cars damaged or just chucking more litter around the house when we are not in.

Its one of the failings of Britain...
Old 23 April 2014, 11:36 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
But, the converse:

Once sat on the wall at the open air market in Doncaster, with my eleven year old lad. He was eating chips. Without being told he bundled up his rubbish and walked 25 yards to put it in a a bin.

Then we sat and watched THREE OAP's chuck theirs on the floor, followed by two lots opening *** packets and chucking the wrappers everywhere.

No shame, these old tw@ts.
Some right scatters in Doni matey especially the older end. Lol
Old 23 April 2014, 11:54 PM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lack of discipline in the home and schools.
Bring back corporal punishment. It didn't do us old folk any harm.
Old 23 April 2014, 11:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Caring sharing labour wouldn't allow this
Old 24 April 2014, 07:24 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I blame the parents.
Old 24 April 2014, 07:44 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

I live about three door away from a children's home and when I first moved in everyone was telling me how much of a problem they were and how the kids there cause damage to everything

Only had to tell them once or twice ,,, now they all know the score , no ball games in the street and stay well clear of the angry man with all the subarus lol ,,, some times all they understand is a firm hand,, but to be fair to the kids in the home they all now understand why I act like I do when it comes to my cars and even pop down for a look at the cars every now and again and ask me how fast they are lol
Old 24 April 2014, 08:11 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

See, where my old man lives the parents are probably more of a bunch of **** holes than the kids are!

one of their old men owns a scooby, I had mine up there as I was picking some stuff up before heading out, the kids are all coming over asking me how fast it goes etc.

I tell them its very fast and they wont have been in anything like it before. This one kid pipes up that his dads subaru is WAY faster than mine could ever be.... (boggo standard jdm wrx with an evo 5 spoiler dustbin exhaust and a dump valve)

So I point out that is complete rubbish.

Next thing I know is the kids dad is coming over having a right go at me, for telling his son his car is slow and rubbish! He was adamant his car was 600bhp and had NOS blah blah blah, oh and my car is very slow, it doesnt even have a spoiler so will be unstable at high speed....

I burst out laughing and drove off, you cant educate these people
Old 24 April 2014, 09:11 AM
Truroturnip
Scooby Newbie

Sadly I feel for these kids, and it is the parents to blame. Some of them don't stand a chance the way they're brought up. It's a shame because once they reach 8/9 they get a behaviour and attitude they may never shake off, or only realise how bad it is when it's too late.
Old 24 April 2014, 06:29 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LSherratt
I'm so glad I live on a farm in the countryside.

Seriously though, this seems to be the norm these days.... Gobby kids, no respect, aimless vandalism towards other people's property unfortunately.
New Labours legacy right there

That one's for you PSL
Old 24 April 2014, 09:54 PM
scooby_nutt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Truroturnip
Sadly I feel for these kids, and it is the parents to blame. Some of them don't stand a chance the way they're brought up. It's a shame because once they reach 8/9 they get a behaviour and attitude they may never shake off, or only realise how bad it is when it's too late.

Have to agree, shame is one day these kids will have kids and what manners will be passed onto them
Old 24 April 2014, 10:11 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Im so glad this thread has been started...

I walked the dogs to the shops and on the return I saw a proper old **** - a Woman about 70 plus eating an Aero and throw her rubbish on the floor.

I didn't say anything to here but openly and quite loudly commented about what a scum bag she was and glad she was walking into the **** area Oh and it didn't just fall from her hand.

I was truly shocked.
Old 24 April 2014, 11:14 PM
Lisawrx

I might as well share my experience of the lacking manners/respect of the older generation while we're on then.

I was outside work a couple of weeks ago on my break, when this old woman came and stood alongside me (irritating in itself as the car park is big enough not to need to stand right beside someone, but I digress). She proceeded to open up her packet of cigarettes and chuck the rubbish on the ground. As I was about to go back in, it got the better of me and I asked politely if she would pick up her rubbish and in future not drop it in the first place for someone else to have to clear up. She didn't say a word, but looked genuinely taken aback that something had been said to her.

I work with the public and based on my personal experience, I can safely say, lacking manners and respect is not age related, nor is it necessarily related to 'class'. It has to be down to how people are raised so it stands to reason that there would be rude older people.
Old 25 April 2014, 02:14 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I blame the parents.
+1 .....
Too much scum about these days ........
Old 25 April 2014, 02:29 PM
chet123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
I blame the parents.
Bang on!
Old 25 April 2014, 06:18 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

It's all to do with a shift in society. I'm not sure exactly when it started to change though.
Some of the older ones among us will remember schools being able to use the cane on the unruly types, and sometimes it worked, sometimes not, but it did at least mean there was some possibly threat of what happens when you're naughty at school.

Tie that in to there being healthy respect for elders. Perhaps that too was because if you were cheeky to an adult you could get a clip round the ear, same if a copper caught you playing knock-down-ginger.

That simply cannot happen in today's society and again, not sure when exactly this change happened. Possibly when we got all politically correct, as I think that is part of the problem. Oh, you cannot smack a child, you cannot cane them, it's not nice. How are you meant to discipline them then? Time outs and such won't work.

We also have the whole PC thing of no-one being allowed to fail, which sickens me. Sorry, but there are some things you are not good at and will fail at. That makes you stronger in my opinion, and you learn how to cope with it.
There are kids out there who are never told No, get everything they want, and are babied at school and never "fail" anything, even with poor marks it's not seen as a fail.
Then when they get into the real world, they are in for a VERY big shock, as your boss won't say "ah well, you didn't get the very important report to the client and close the contract, not to worry, try better next time", you'll be shouted out and kicked out the door (well, if HR doesn't do some hand wringing and find some reason that you cannot possibly get rid of the person on some stupid grounds or other)

There is also the whole kids having kids issue. I think some of the young parents today are far less mature. I think if you looked back 40 years and took a 20yr old mother and put them up against a 20yr old mother today, you would see a massive difference in maturity. Obviously not all current young parents don't or won't parent their kids, but there are quite a lot that cannot.

The problem snowballs as well. You have young parents who don't give a damn, don't really want to be adults and so palm off the kids to others so they can go out and have fun. Then these kids grow up seeing mum and dad living like that and follow suit.

We then get on to the benefit culture, chavs, and that whole stinking mess, which also makes things worse.

Can it be fixed? I don't think so, which is a shame. Granted, some of us will bring up our kids with the same values we grew up with and they may turn out like us, however, they may also decide the easy life their friends have is better, so why make the effort.
In some ways I can empathize with them. Life is hard, and if I didn't have any morals and respect I'd scrounge around rather than working to make a living. If the government wants to pay me the same or more as working when I don't work, why not!
Old 25 April 2014, 06:37 PM
Davec30
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Markus
It's all to do with a shift in society. I'm not sure exactly when it started to change though.
Some of the older ones among us will remember schools being able to use the cane on the unruly types, and sometimes it worked, sometimes not, but it did at least mean there was some possibly threat of what happens when you're naughty at school.

Tie that in to there being healthy respect for elders. Perhaps that too was because if you were cheeky to an adult you could get a clip round the ear, same if a copper caught you playing knock-down-ginger.

That simply cannot happen in today's society and again, not sure when exactly this change happened. Possibly when we got all politically correct, as I think that is part of the problem. Oh, you cannot smack a child, you cannot cane them, it's not nice. How are you meant to discipline them then? Time outs and such won't work.

We also have the whole PC thing of no-one being allowed to fail, which sickens me. Sorry, but there are some things you are not good at and will fail at. That makes you stronger in my opinion, and you learn how to cope with it.
There are kids out there who are never told No, get everything they want, and are babied at school and never "fail" anything, even with poor marks it's not seen as a fail.
Then when they get into the real world, they are in for a VERY big shock, as your boss won't say "ah well, you didn't get the very important report to the client and close the contract, not to worry, try better next time", you'll be shouted out and kicked out the door (well, if HR doesn't do some hand wringing and find some reason that you cannot possibly get rid of the person on some stupid grounds or other)

There is also the whole kids having kids issue. I think some of the young parents today are far less mature. I think if you looked back 40 years and took a 20yr old mother and put them up against a 20yr old mother today, you would see a massive difference in maturity. Obviously not all current young parents don't or won't parent their kids, but there are quite a lot that cannot.

The problem snowballs as well. You have young parents who don't give a damn, don't really want to be adults and so palm off the kids to others so they can go out and have fun. Then these kids grow up seeing mum and dad living like that and follow suit.

We then get on to the benefit culture, chavs, and that whole stinking mess, which also makes things worse.

Can it be fixed? I don't think so, which is a shame. Granted, some of us will bring up our kids with the same values we grew up with and they may turn out like us, however, they may also decide the easy life their friends have is better, so why make the effort.
In some ways I can empathize with them. Life is hard, and if I didn't have any morals and respect I'd scrounge around rather than working to make a living. If the government wants to pay me the same or more as working when I don't work, why not!

Well said
Old 26 April 2014, 09:07 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thing is, it's the previous generations fault for bringing their children up the way they did.

Every generation has attempted to give their children a better childhood than they had and if you look back it's very easy to see the improvements in how children are treated along side the decrease in behaviour from the children.
Old 26 April 2014, 09:23 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Markus summed it up perfectly
I can remember when the cane was abolished when I was 14 and I think that was the breakdown in society started
I remember the Ruler over the hand and the blackboard ruler over your *** and it hurt
I remember the evil maths teacher who would get you by the ear and pull you up or grab you buy the hair

We then had a new fanged French teacher who did not believe on that just 2 sides of A4 paper with story not lines for the whole class if anyone misbehaved
It happened regular and the bad boy in the class wasn't popular with everyone after that

Disaplin works
I think a couple of years in army would sort out the problem youths of today
But we are all doomed as the 30/40 year old generation are bringing or dragging up thier offsprings

The teachers can't even confiscate **** of the kids now
Don't think there is any solution just a shame we could not turn the clock back 30 years
Old 26 April 2014, 09:47 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

"Iv never had to use violence to keep my children in check, to do so would imply weakness "

Oh hang on,I don't have any