MENCAP TOUR - Warminster to Yeovil: 21.09.02

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2002, 11:44 AM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

(posting this on behalf of Rachel)

Not sure if it's too far South for you guys...but I know you like a drive ....

For the third year the mencap classic vehicle tour will take place on Sat Sep. 21st taking in some excellent countryside from Warminster (Wiltshire) to Dorset for lunch and finally to the grounds of Lufton manor, Yeovil (Somerset) for a traditional cream tea

Although called a "classic vehicle tour" last year and this has included an "interesting vechile" category...Rachel (and I agree!) has seen this as an excellent oportunity to get the Scooby guys and girls along to raise some money for Mencap and spend the day in stunning scenery with like minded people and their vehicles, besides, there was an Evo at the last one, so we need a good Scooby turnout . She even mentioned if we get enough Scoob's along we can make a weekend of it and have a BBQ in the evening

This isn't a competition therefore no timing -just a chance for a 130 mile run thoughout the day to take in the stunning scenery and enjoy our cars. No maps are required, you're provided with a route book, souvenir event plaque and cream tea for you and your co-driver (extra people's teas at £2:50) for an entry fee of £25 all towards Mencap. Of course, if you can raise extra sponsorship it's an added bonus

For further details contact Dave Bullen event organiser on Mobile: 07775 734801, 01935 403120, e-mail: lufton@mencap.org.uk. Last entry: 15th Sep. 2002 I have some application forms, or contact Dave as above.

I'm sure you'll all agree this is an excellent opportunity to enjoy our cars and raise money for a very worthwhile charity, for the further afield scoobs - why not make a weekend of it?

Jen
Old 09 July 2002, 02:11 AM
Little Miss WRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

My sister has a MENCAP friend to take her out every week

This gives my sister freedom to go out away from the family with someone who she gets on with and can look after her if needed.

Good cause