My latest classic

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2013, 02:31 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My latest classic

Hello folks

Thought I would post up some pics of the latest Impreza I now own. This is my fourth classic and my second WRX saloon. I swapped this car back in January for the BMW convertible (in my avi pic). At first all seemed well, was snowing badly when I got it so couldn't do many checks on it. But a week later.......

Met the seller and had a good chat, seemed genuine enough and when asked on net before we met there was no hidden nasties! Well so I was told
So when the snow had cleared I went out for a run. Gave it some welly and all seemed to be good, thought to my self that this car is even quicker than all my others (and one of those was just under 290bhp). I was told before that it had been tweaked a little. Anyway as I changed in to 3rd gear the clutch started slipping, so that was one problem found Then over the next few months other problems started to rear their ugly heads. Rocker cover gaskets on drivers side were leaking (I know common fault) and not just a little. PAS pump was f00ked, standard down pipe was rotten underneath and had split (not on the join), drive shafts were apparently seized solid so clutch couldn't be done until new ones were ordered

So after nearly £800 spent the car is now fault free (touch wood ). The car seems to be running at 1.4bar so is quicker than my others and sounds different to scoobs.
I put the sound difference down to running a sports cat and a Japspeed shotgun tail pipe with no back box
The car has 77,000 on the clock but 50,000 of them are done in kilometers so I think it works out to less than 60,000 miles which is pretty good for a 1995 car No rust what-so-ever on the car, but a little corrosion on the bonnet (about the size of a 50p piece) but as its an alley its not rust lol oh and there is some paint missing from rear bumper but nothing too worry about.

Apart from wheels its very standard to look at and even under the bonnet it looks standard apart from the Blitz DV.

So here are some pics of the car after the first half hearted polish Oh and the dark bits by the rear bumper spats and side skirts is sticky stuff from where I removed the extensions from

Personally I think it needs lowering and I think its a very boring looking car and I need clear front indicators

But what do you lot think?

Thanks for looking folks

One last thing, if anyone is chucking away any parts please let me know as I may be interested, even if there damaged. Just wished I didn't have to spend out to get the car fixed first

Ta

Last edited by EOEUMC; 20 June 2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 20 June 2013, 03:51 PM
STEVEBOXER
Scooby Regular

Looks like a nice clean classic but that spoiler is awful, get a v6 spoiler and rear Sti lights and then it will look great mate!
Old 20 June 2013, 04:24 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STEVEBOXER
Looks like a nice clean classic but that spoiler is awful, get a v6 spoiler and rear Sti lights and then it will look great mate!
Yeah the spoiler is on the list to change at some stage (if I ever get the cash together). Would be looking more along the lines of an RB5 type spoiler though
Old 20 June 2013, 04:34 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I prefer the V4 spoilers personally. STi rears would be nice. Full crystal front lights, sides.

Not keen on the wheels or the backbox though?

My first classics front end I still quite like.

The back looked gash though - lexus lights, huge backbox and V5 spoiler

Old 20 June 2013, 04:37 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Needs work, but that`s the fun bit
Old 20 June 2013, 05:09 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StiX
I prefer the V4 spoilers personally. STi rears would be nice. Full crystal front lights, sides.

Not keen on the wheels or the backbox though?

My first classics front end I still quite like.
My last scoob looked like this when I was nearly finished with it

I would like black crystals again as think they look lovely against the silver and did really like the larger scoop, made it look really mean

Originally Posted by 53
Your not wrong, just a shame the worse bit is trying to find the cash lol
Old 20 June 2013, 07:12 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Yes the crystal headlights look soooo much better.

I don't like the big bonnet scoops, but it's your car - mod away! Oh, after you have found some wonga

I spent a huge amount of money on my last classic, you wouldn't really know from outside as I like to keep it fairly discreet. New interior, 2 sets of wheels, 2 remaps, turbo/fuel pump/sports cat swaps. All mounts up.

Managed to not spend a penny on mods on my current beast. Mainly because it's £460 tax, £500 insurance etc. etc. and if I started I wouldn't stop.
Old 20 June 2013, 07:22 PM
dj219957
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the wheel colour is gash, do them black. i actually think they look best with the orange side and front indicators on silver. the car will look even more plain with clear fronts. 1.4 bar sounds too high on stock setup. have you measured it with a pukka gauge? 0.8 is stock and 1.1 the limit of the stock map sensor.
Old 20 June 2013, 07:25 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 53
+1, not keen on the colour of the wheels but that could be part of the fun
Old 20 June 2013, 08:06 PM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

Wheel colour was my mistake I swapped them for a set of Newage STi gold alloys and these ones were in a right state and the other chap said I could have them what colour I wanted. I said I would like them bronze and thought of the Nissan 350z colour. To which these wheels are painted that colour (Le Mans Sunset) but they are a burnt orange and not bronze So a tw8t I am But tbh there not that bad in the flesh. And black wheels I don't like! They don't show the style of wheel properly