Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Hello To All......After Much Cleaning...

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2011, 01:42 PM
squeakyclean32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hello To All......After Much Cleaning...

Hello to All....Had our Scoob (WRX 300) about a month now & loving it. Nearly didn't buy this one...all the paperwork was there but as it was so dirty when we viewed it we just couldn't see if the body work was any good but after looking at several others we went back to have another look at it. Found out on our second visit the previous owner was suffering from MS & so cleaning the car was not easy but we could see it was genuine & came to an agreement on price & took it home with us.
As we still had to sell our previous car this was garaged for a week or so during which time it had a full service & a good clean....I have posted just a couple of before & after pics for you to give you an idea of the state of it....but it has scrubbed up really well & apart from a few dents which the dent man has now taken out & a few small scratches it has totally surprised us Just gone through it's MOT & 4 new tyres later, this is what we have

Last edited by squeakyclean32; 10 October 2011 at 01:44 PM.
Old 10 October 2011, 02:32 PM
prodrive.greeny
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks nice bud.

How did you get the engine bay so clean, i tried myself with WD40 and some rag but gave up after an hour as too many nooks and crannies
Old 10 October 2011, 02:43 PM
syko89
Scooby Regular

Nice work fella

Greeny i would buy some 'gunk' for the engine bay, and you need alot of patience lol.
Old 10 October 2011, 03:02 PM
squeakyclean32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodrive.greeny
Looks nice bud.

How did you get the engine bay so clean, i tried myself with WD40 and some rag but gave up after an hour as too many nooks and crannies
Thanks ....I've tried various combinations but the easiest to use & most effective is Autoglym's Engine & Machine Cleaner. Spray this onto a cold engine, then work into the nooks & crannies with a brush (these can be purchased from Ebay etc - search for "detailing brush"). Work on a small part of the engine bay at a time as you don't want it to dry out before you have rinsed off the cleaning residue with a hose (not on full blast just enough pressure to thoroughly rinse it). Then prior to the whole lot drying out I use Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care. Just give the whole engine a light coating, shut the bonnet to let the whole lot dry & when you open it up an hour or so later you have nice clean engine bay You may need to touch a couple of areas in with a damp rag coated in Vinyl & Rubber care plus wipe any residue off of your paint work. I've pasted a couple of links for you. Hope that helps

(Remember to wear eye/face protection too)

www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=FG&Range=1

www.autoglym.com/enGB/product-proddetail.asp?v06VQ=HE&Range=1
Old 10 October 2011, 05:04 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

What pad and polish combo did you use, mines got a few swirls all over and was thinking of using Menzerna final finish on a hexlogical black finishing pad.
Old 10 October 2011, 09:01 PM
squeakyclean32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 95turbowagon
What pad and polish combo did you use, mines got a few swirls all over and was thinking of using Menzerna final finish on a hexlogical black finishing pad.
Menzerna Final Finish 106 should work well on your car with the Hexlogical Black Pad to remove the fine swirls/marring. Then maybe if you have time you might like to refine the finish with some Menzerna R85 on a white pad.....it will be very glossy when you have finished

Last edited by squeakyclean32; 10 October 2011 at 10:36 PM.