Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Robertios New Bath Tub

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2002, 05:45 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I'd like to highlight at this point that I don't know how anyone can drive one of these with more than 140bhp in the wet (safely)
Old 02 April 2002, 06:02 PM
VKL723
Scooby Regular

Wink

Ah!! God help us........;D

VKL
Old 02 April 2002, 06:45 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Clear the roads (I know you are in Scotland - but just to be on the safe side... ). I'd have a chat with Mr Felstead if I were you - not much he doesn't know about these cars.

Cheers
Chris
Old 02 April 2002, 07:54 PM
Brooke
Scooby Regular

Your previous car was (is...) much better looking

Jonathan
Old 02 April 2002, 09:07 PM
GM
Scooby Regular

Wink

I see you've managed to miss the driveway already........
Old 02 April 2002, 09:41 PM
ChrisB

Where'd you keep the Radox then?

Very nice
Old 03 April 2002, 12:14 AM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I'm not suprised you cannot drive it in the wet with those tyres.

choise dude.
Old 03 April 2002, 08:06 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thats one speedy lawnmower

I put mine in the grass bank last time I took it out in greesy conditions You just have to pay attention and never EVER floor it.

Although its definatly worth getting the geometry set up.. mine turned out to be miles out (sure thats why I crashed ) and since I've been sprinting (in the pooring rain) and I've got loads more confidence now

Diz.
Old 03 April 2002, 08:41 AM
The_Gza
Scooby Regular

Wink

Very imprezzed Robertio

Hope you remembered the toothpick for flying insect removal?
Old 03 April 2002, 11:54 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Quality Fancy driving it down here for a visit???
Old 03 April 2002, 12:20 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Nice car, has the scoob gone then?
I quite often come across a guy on my route to work who seems to have been using one of these every day for years, no matter what the weather - I've even seen him in it when it is snowing quite heavily. Now, that is dedication. Or madness.
Old 03 April 2002, 06:08 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Cool

It needs more power at least it managed half a week before this feeling kicked in, not long you might say, but it was still half a week more than the scooby
Old 03 April 2002, 06:09 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Talking

VKL, I don't think even he can help you

Chris, I never thought to put a post up warning people before I collected it on Friday, so I should appologise to all the now deaf members of the public that happened to be within a mile of the car at any point

Brooke, I may have to agree with you, but I trust you are keeping it nice and clean

GM, the steering lock is pretty poor on it, so I didn't think I did too bad

Chris, I keep it in the fire extinguisher between the seats

Crypt, that sounds like as good an excuse as any to me, it's not that I can't drive, it is just the tyres aren't up to the job
Old 03 April 2002, 06:10 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Cool

Diz, yep I found the no flooring it in the wet rule out the hard way, almost ensured the car didn't last the weekend, oops . My geometry is way out as well, the front right tyres is a tad worn on the inside edge, one of many things I need to get sorted.

The_Gza, the windscreen is surprisingly effective, can even wear a baseball cap while driving it, certainly quicker putting one on than the hood anyway (gave up on my first attempt )

Scoobychick, I actually collected it from Sheffield and drove it up the road. If I hadn't plans to lose golf ***** at the weekend I might have popped down before taking it home. As per normal I didn't have a road map, so ended up with a slightly touristy route home

CrisPDuk, yep I sold the scoob a month or so back to another bbs inhabitant (subtle hint: he posted further up implying that my new car is not exactly attractive ) The guy must be mad to drive one of these in the snow, although it might be OK with the roof thing on it.

Got told today that tourists were outside my work yesterday having their pictures taken standing beside the car
Old 05 April 2002, 03:41 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Talking

And they call the MY01 bugeyed lolololol
Nice car Rob
Old 06 April 2002, 10:41 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Result M8

Looking good.

Still toying with the idea of Westfield/bike or 180bhp mini...LOL...

D
Old 07 April 2002, 11:52 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Cool

I like to look on the lights as being bug eyed in a nice sense They are somehow as bad as an Iprezas headlights yet another thing on the upgrades list

Hi Neo, I try to live on both bbs' (and quite a few others ) I actually bought the car off of Chris from the westie one It is wide bodied (seemed little point in buying a car I couldn't get into ) with a Pinto engine (another area in need of upgrade, I might go for the cheaper option and just get the cam changed, and hopefully be able to cope with just 180bhp for a year) The car is booked in for a rolling road setup next Saturday, so I'll find out for sure what need doing then. Let us know when you get around to sorting one out.

D, I see you are decisive as always If you want to use the vehicle all year round go for the mini, if you only want it for the nice months of the year I'd go for the westie (I can't comment on the bike as I'd give myself a life expectancy of 1 day on one ). I should be taking it down to the next Kames day, so if you are along give us a shout, you can take it out and see what you think.
Old 09 April 2002, 08:42 AM
Rebecca
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nice one Robertio

Don't remember you saying that you were going down the Westie route when you talked about what you were going to replace the Scoob with.

So what's its petrol consumption like then?

I know you enjoy getting wet going to work ... but isn't this taking it to the limits
Old 09 April 2002, 12:06 PM
POC
Scooby Regular

NICE!!!

Where is the westie BBS?

Is there somewhere online where you can buy cars like this?

Cheers

Paul
Old 09 April 2002, 01:06 PM
Reidy
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate

Enjoy it. I owned a 200 bhp westie last year for about 9 months or so and in the wet they are a nightmare. I remember pulling away from a set of lights trying to keep up with a slowish car in front getting wheelspin in third gear etc!

As a commuting car they are rough! - but nothing apart from the wifes new MINI cooper turns heads like it that I've driven.

Good luck and enjoy it - its a great laugh.

Paul
Old 09 April 2002, 07:24 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Bex, I had originally planned on getting a westie, but had given up on that idea as it seemed all wide bodied ones were outwith my price range (I can't fit in a narrow one as they are too short) but, then this one came up mpg: first tank was 27mpg (sitting at an indicated 76) this dropped to 24mpg when sitting in traffic and travelling a bit quicker It seems to stick around 25mpg, or 100 miles per tank (£15) which is about 10mpg better than the scoob was
Old 09 April 2002, 07:26 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

POC, if you go to: Westfield Sports Car Club there is a link to the boardroom, amongst other interesting info. There is a for sale section in the bbs (there is what sounds like a nice 300(ish) bhp one for sale at the moment ) that is where I sourced my car from. Your best bet for a wider range of cars is to buy a kit car magazine, and look through the for sale section there (expect most to be sold though) and get in touch with the various dealers who advertise in it. Terry Nightingale (sp?) seems to have a good reputation for getting the car you are after, you will be paying more than if you mange to get one yourself privately though.
Let us know what sort of spec you are looking for and I'll keep an eye out for you, if you want. BTW, you may spot a few familiar usernames over on that bbs.

(This limit on number of words/lines(whatever it is) is starting to get annoying as I keep on having to break my replies up )
Old 04 May 2002, 10:01 PM
neo
Scooby Regular

Talking

nice one robertio we spoke on the west field sports car club site bbs a few months ago remember you sent me the pics of the spoiler to me last year for my scooby,well you beat me to one as i will be looking soon myself,is that a standard or wide body westy and i take it its a ohc pinto engine model?

[Edited by neo - 4/5/2002 10:03:21 PM]