Unmarked Integra Type R

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2001, 12:06 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Robertio,

I tried all that and e-mailed the speed trap bible site...unfortunately as confirmed by StuH at the time...they could have a million excuses...ie were responding to a call etc..I was even debating challenging it in court but spoke to an excellent lawyer who deals with speeding offences and he told me that at then end of the day I WAS speeding and I couldn't hope to get off less lightly than with 3 pts althpugh he was disgusted at the underhand way in which they caught me and suggested that I write to the Surrey (was on the M3 unmarked blue vauxhall omega IIRC-look for blue third brake light behind rear screen)chief constable!! Which of course I never got around too.

Nito
Old 19 January 2001, 12:09 AM
Blackscooby
Scooby Regular

Robertio,

I've seen unmarked and marked vehicles with the fogs flashing from LHS to RHS etc.

I presume they still function as fogs as they're always flippin bright.

Mark.
(UK94 broken..@ doctors having health check)
Old 19 January 2001, 12:49 AM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>I do not believe that the fact they are in a police car gives them any more right to travel above the speedlimit (without the lights going) than your average Joe public. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B>

Sorry it doesn't work that way.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>I've seen unmarked and marked vehicles with the fogs flashing from LHS to RHS etc.

I presume they still function as fogs as they're always flippin bright.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B>

This is for safety reasons. They do still function as foglights.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR><B>The other point, if both rear fog lights had been replaced the car would have been illegal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></B>

Wrong. They are still to fog light spec, they are just wired into the warning light controls. These are legal as the vehicles are used for police purposes.

Anything I've forgotten?
Old 19 January 2001, 10:55 AM
Jason L
Scooby Regular

Just for the West Country Scoob drivers...

Was driving down the A36 between Salisbury and Bath last night and what should pull out on me at Warminster but an unmarked red Honda Integra Type R.... flashing lights going...

Blue lights hidden in the grille at the front and at the back looked like they had replaced the rear fogs with the flasing lights.... very cunning...

Sorry didnt get the plate....

You have been warned...

Jason
Old 19 January 2001, 11:04 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Unreal, they'll use any old rubbish these days
Cheers for the warning.
PS: Im not in the West Country, but it highlights the fact that nothing is sacred, they're pulling out all the stops to bust speeders, who would have thought, an Integra R, frightening.

[This message has been edited by IntegraR (edited 19 January 2001).]
Old 19 January 2001, 11:05 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Cool

That pi55es me off big time! I'm all for the police having fast cars but they should be clearly marked...otherwise they are just there to bait people into going for it and I bet 9 times out of 10 are driven in such a manner as to encourage a rip with fast cars.

I had the same thing happen to me behind an unmarked car where they put their foot down in front of me and sped up to 120mph on the motorway in such a way as to encourage me to floor it behind them...luckily I stayed below the ton so got away with fine and 3 pts but if they'd had there way it would have been bye bye licence for a while!!

Nito
Old 19 January 2001, 11:06 AM
NITO
Scooby Regular

Well said Integra! Did I say fast cars...it's only an integra after all

Taken a chill pill!!

Nito

Trending Topics

Old 19 January 2001, 11:12 AM
IntegraR
Scooby Regular

Chill Pill? the last pill I took was small, and sort of whitish in colour, but this chill pill sounds good, how much?
Old 19 January 2001, 11:12 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'm waiting for the post which says "unmarked Mclaren F1 on the M40 ..." But seriously, I can understand the police using tackle like Scoobys, hot Volvos, BMWs etc as they're a fairly common sight so they blend in, but an unmarked IntegraR? That's a strange choice. What next? Clio V6s?
Old 19 January 2001, 11:51 AM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Question

NITO, if they were in front of you doing 120mph, with no lights on then I would have to suggest that they were breaking the law also. I do not believe that the fact they are in a police car gives them any more right to travel above the speedlimit (without the lights going) than your average Joe public. Stuart should be able to confirm or deny this when he makes an appearance.

The other point, if both rear fog lights had been replaced the car would have been illegal, as I'm fairly sure you have to have at least one, part of the SVA test, so I assume applies to UK origin cars also.
Old 19 January 2001, 02:04 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Wink

Bloody hell Stu - it's no fun anymore. You keep blowing away all our urban myths that we cling to in the vain hope of beating the speeding tickets

Chris

Edited to correct the crap spelling

[This message has been edited by Chris L (edited 19 January 2001).]
Old 19 January 2001, 02:16 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Stuart,

About the first point though, are you saying that a police vehicle can essentially travel at whatever speed they want, whether or not their lights are on, or is there some special rules governing them?

Oh and could you tell me what next weeks lottery numbers will be?
Old 19 January 2001, 02:27 PM
Stuart H
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Robertio:
<B>About the first point though, are you saying that a police vehicle can essentially travel at whatever speed they want, whether or not their lights are on, or is there some special rules governing them?[/quote]

Not quite - there have to be sound operational reasons for exceeding the speed limit (waiting for a comment about Jack Straws driver...... ) For example if I set off a GATSO while not responding to an emergency call I could still be prosecuted unless I could prove that I was exceeding the speed limit for an operational reason.

If I could tell you what the lottery numbers were going to be, do you still think I'd be in this job?

Old 19 January 2001, 02:38 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Stuart H:
<B> Not quite - there have to be sound operational reasons for exceeding the speed limit (waiting for a comment about Jack Straws driver...... ) For example if I set off a GATSO while not responding to an emergency call I could still be prosecuted unless I could prove that I was exceeding the speed limit for an operational reason.

[/quote]

Hmmm....can't wait to hear a defenition of "sound operational reasons" Stuart

D
Old 19 January 2001, 02:39 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Hmmm, yes, Jack Straw's driver...
I'm surprised that one of the British motoring clubs hasn't thought of bringing a private prosecution against him. Be interesting to see Straw in court explaining his involvement.
Old 19 January 2001, 06:28 PM
Mr.Cookie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Diablo Doughnuts ofcourse

Si
Ps Just teasing Stuart
Old 19 January 2001, 07:19 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

Flashing lights/sirens etc.

Well I just thought they were used as a way of making themselves seen/heard so people know to get out of the way. Just because they don't have flashing lights/sirens doesn't mean they are not respoinding to an emergency.

Once I was taken from an accident to a hospital in a police car all the driver did was sound his horn all the time, now that was an emegency and we were really going some. But the fact that he didn't have a flashing light didn't mean he was breaking the law, he was just trying to keep up with the ambulance!

MattN