Old 04 March 2010, 08:19 PM
TEAM78
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Scooby, at long last, what boost to run

Hello every one got this Scooby at the weekend

Subaru : Subaru Impreza UK Turbo 2000

bought it of Ebay,
I was originally looking for an Evo 6 but my brother twisted my arm to get an Impreza instead. The car is exceptional but finding the exhaust a little too loud, 4.5" dia
Why that big I dont know,
3" needs to go on it really. my question is what is sensible in terms of amount of boost to run on these engines bearing in mind I think the engine has not been apart for wire ringing. Got a boost controller in the car which currently has 2 settings on it.
I got a Maestro turbo as well so will get that road worthy again and compare the two later, yes the Maestro turbos were rotton unrealiable junk hence mine being of the road for last 5years but they were dam fast with a few mods so looking forward to having both on the road.
The most amazing thing im finding with the Scooby is the straight line acceleration in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear, just nuts

Last edited by TEAM78; 04 March 2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04 March 2010, 08:34 PM
BBB3
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

correct me if im wrong but dont a standard uk turbo boost @ 12 psi ?

''Car is running approx 260 - 280bhp (depending on boost settings), and sounds awesome. With the in car boost controller you can change the boost levels easily to suit your driving etc. I've been running it at around 12psi''

who has it been remapped by ? as it must of been mapped to get the boost settings and to get the best out of the aftermarket parts....

if it as not been mapped i wont not even buy it mate as it could go bang at any time
Old 16 March 2010, 10:15 PM
TEAM78
Scooby Newbie

Last few weeks been running round on a bar boost no problems, had upto 16psi a few times with no problems as well, The car seems to consume a serious amount of fuel though, costs £25 in super unleaded fuel to just do 80miles at 70mph, does this sound right??
Old 16 March 2010, 10:19 PM
TEAM78
Scooby Newbie

I forgot to mention a car ive wanted for last 10 years was the Rover 220 turbo tomcat, got to drive one over the weekend and was so seriously disappointed, it felt antiquainted and flat on boost, Id never have it over the Scooby, My only problem with the Scooby is the fuel consumption is very high, very time I look at the fuel gage its always visually falling back
Old 16 March 2010, 11:18 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has the car had any sort of remap? You are running a full decat, induction kit and different boost levels but has the ecu been set up for this?
Old 17 March 2010, 12:24 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

standard uk models of that year run at 0.9 standard i think (14psi). had mine mapped to 20psi. i dont understand why they fit a walbro pump unless going over 280bhp with a bigger turbo. grab yourself a knocklink or k3 analyser i think they called. they will tell u if your car causing damage as u belt it although i check up if its been mapped by
Old 17 March 2010, 12:29 AM
TEAM78
Scooby Newbie

3" Cobra exhaust, K&N air filter,
how would I know its been remapped??
It has a electronic boost controller inside the car & a turbo timer
The previous owner didnt seem to know and there were dyno print outs when I picked up the car in amoungst the paperwork, I suspect it has been mapped, Im quite well experienced to turbo engines having played with turbo cars last 10years but new to scoobys, I will look through the paperwork that came with it as surely no one would fit a boost controller without remapping
Old 17 March 2010, 12:49 AM
seddomyster
Scooby Regular

dont think u will know except ask the seller but prob best bet is take it on the rollers an hey will tell u what is up with the car if there is anythin wrong. if it not been mapped that induction kit may cause serious problems in the future
Old 17 March 2010, 01:23 AM
TOMMY_TURBO
Scooby Regular

that year car can only be mapped with after market ecu so you would have to check but i delt it has iv been running similar mods to you for 2 years with no remap all fine touch wood but i have got a after market ecu just need it fitted and mapped
Old 17 March 2010, 02:49 AM
ww9999
Scooby Newbie

Ebay, very convenient
Exhaust a bit too loud,
Accelerate the limelight is in line 2, 3 gear???

People seem to fail to take into account the
wow gold fact that education does not end with graduation.