Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

VII & P1 HDR

Search this Thread

Old 29 October 2008, 08:37 AM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default VII & P1 HDR

Shot i took the other day at my mates garage! given it the HDR treatment using cs3 and a few other pesonal tweeks.

Old 29 October 2008, 08:44 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hows it going mate, What you driving now????

Have you heard anything or the whereabouts our old WRX went!!! Always think about that car, would love to know what it looks like now!!!!!
Old 29 October 2008, 08:47 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

cool pic mate
Old 29 October 2008, 09:35 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HDR?
Old 29 October 2008, 10:37 PM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Hows it going mate, What you driving now????

Have you heard anything or the whereabouts our old WRX went!!! Always think about that car, would love to know what it looks like now!!!!!
Hey buddy great to hear from you! I'm very well thanks for asking Man i know exactly what you mean about thinking about the wrx, to this day i wish i never sold it however i cant wait to get my sti hawkeye soon!!

I don't have a clue where it is now apart from its prob in london somewhere. The bloke who bought it from me didnt say much, didnt even look at the documentation one bit, he just handed me 12k in cash and launched the car up the drive and off he went...he looked like he had plenty of money and needed a fast getaway/drop off car . tbh the way he launched the car i can't see it being lovingly cared for as it was when we had it.

Damm you driving a 6RS!! I sat in my mates tommi mak last year and it was rapid with no lagi can only imagine how quick this one is...whats it like compared to the scooby in terms of reliability, economy, power etc...it would be very interesting to here from someone who has owned both cars!

Last edited by morpheus1870; 29 October 2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old 29 October 2008, 10:44 PM
morpheus1870
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bioforger
HDR?
High Dynamic Range

The dynamic range of an image is basically all the values of tone information from dark to light inclduing shadows,mid-tones and highlights. By taking 3 images at various exposure settings say +/- 1 stop or in other words taking three pictures of the same thing one dark,one normal and one light, you can then blend all three using cs'3s hdr plugin, this allows you to create 16 or32 bit image which incorporates high levels of info in the entire tonal range. You can then tone map it and create an image which has high contrast whilst retaining lots of shadow and midtone detail...it basically gives an illustrated look when done over the top however when done subtly you can get a high impact result: here is one i did of my brothers M3 up on the tops of crag vale

Last edited by morpheus1870; 29 October 2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 29 October 2008, 11:18 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah all is clear now, thx for the info, if only my camera skills were as good as yours That M3 pic is awesome.
Old 30 October 2008, 01:11 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

stunning picture

wiley
Old 30 October 2008, 06:01 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by morpheus1870

Damm you driving a 6RS!! I sat in my mates tommi mak last year and it was rapid with no lagi can only imagine how quick this one is...whats it like compared to the scooby in terms of reliability, economy, power etc...it would be very interesting to here from someone who has owned both cars!

Was driving a 6 RSX, ended up selling it after buying a house and a having our baby son!! Had to grow up sooner or later .

Then 6 months later I ended up buying a Evo 6 GSR after realising that I couldnt live with out having some sort of enjoyment, but realised that I made a big mistake with the 6 GSR as it was nothing like my 6 RSX, or even the scoobys Ive owned, it felt gutless and I didnt like it to much, ended up selling that last month, now waiting to pick up my Version 6 STi.

But a RS Evo are an absouloute hoot to drive, the same as a Spec C or Type RA scoob, you cant beat the quick acceleration, and you can feel that its a lightweight stripped version with no creature comforts, but who needs abs, electric windows, and thicker glass, I love the gearing and the way these cars handle, but after owning 2 Evo GSR's and a RSX, it would have to be a RS everytime, I wouldnt even waste my time with a GSR anymore, Id rather have a standard WRX over a Evo GSR anyday.

Reliability, Well I never had a problem with any scooby Ive owned, But Ive had problems with every Evo Ive owned, Even the Evo 6 RSX, Broke a driveshaft first day I had it, My Evo 7 GSR clutch broke the day I was selling it, and the silver 6 GSR i just sold Actuator seized up, I know thare only little things, but with the scoobs I had nothing break on me.

If you need to know anything else, pm me, as Ill end up using 2 pages full, of why a scooby is better then a Evo!!!!